South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Thursday

Good morning! I'm surprised to be the first one here on this Christmas Eve day.

We're expecting Amber to be dropped off very soon, and we're all going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and Dustin will meet us there when he gets off work this morning. My assignment for Christmas Eve dinner was to bring a salad and garlic bread, so we'll have to make a quick run through Wegman's before heading back home.

We'll be going to my parent's for our traditional Christmas Eve 7 fishes dinner, but there will also be gnocchi and lots of other dishes. We'll be there until it's time for Midnight Mass, so it's going to be a long, but fun, day.

Sit down for a moment with your coffee and tell us how you plan to spend this Christmas Eve day.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thleigh Belth Thurthday

Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...

Thorry! I was hard pressed for a title this morning so decided to sing instead.

My cold has settled in nicely but I did get a lot of stuff done yesterday. Of course there is loads left to be done before Church at 7:30 but it'll happen - and Christmas comes no matter what you do so...... Just think of the Grinch and those Whos down in Whoville.

So - a bit more cooking, no more decorating, some tidying so Donna can clean and that'll be "it". Doug and Matthew are coming this morning too for a couple of "guy" jobs. They are things I can do myself but they asked so I took them up on the offer.

Take some time today to think and be glad. I've now had 69 Christmasses and still find the magic.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. You snick in while I was searching my brain for a title.
I wish I could join you for breakfast but I'm settling for my usual. The evening at your parents' place sounds great. Say Merry Christmas to everyone for me.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Cottage and Everyone

I've been up, but working on getting my cheesecake for tomorrows' family gathering into the oven. It bakes for 90 min.

Your day sounds perfect, Cottage,....and long. I don't think I'd make it to Midnight Mass. Have a great breakfast and an awesome family day!

Hello, Ruth. I wish you a Merry Christmas, too. Songs always work! Thanks for taking the time to remind me to ponder...Enjoy every moment of your day!

I'm working away....lunch will be here with my Mom and Sis, then we'll go to Denver for a Christmas Eve service...Kirks brother is in a Christian band that's playing. We hope to have leftovers from lunch for an informal evening meal. I'm finally feeling a bit festive...now if the house would just become clean on it's own my holiday wish would be granted.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!! Merry Christmas Eve!! The coffee pot just finished so now I feel like I can chat.

Cottage: It sounds like a wonderful day of family and fun for you. I wouldn't be able to make it to midnight mass, though, without a long winter's nap! Enjoy Cracker Barrel. I'm with you in spirit as I drink my Cracker Barrel coffee.

Ruth: Thankth for getting uth sthtarted, altho. Alliteration isn't always easiest this early in the morn. I hope your cold clears up quickly and that you have some time for a soak and hot tea today. Christmas is SO magical to me, too and I hope that after my 69th Christmas I can say the same.

Debbie: One of these days Santa's elves will figure out that they ought to stow away on the sleigh and clean up all the houses while Santa makes the kiddos happy. That would be the PERFECT Christmas gift. It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned as well. I hope you enjoy it!

Me: I was up early (for me) this morning and the washer is already going and I'm starting to get the day in order. I'm going to start with the cleaning and get the guest laundry finished and ready to go. I've also got two more gifts to wrap, but their recipients won't be here until Saturday, so I have time. Jason's craving pumpkin treats, so I'm going to process the last pumpkin from the garden and make some pumpkin brownies this afternoon after I work out. Our Christmas Eve service is at 6:30 and we've decided we'll get Chinese takeout for dinner after. I do miss the hub-bub of the whole family being at my grandparents', but I'm also enjoying the quiet calm and our leisurely schedule this year.

Welp, off to get the to-do list done! I hope everyone to come has a wonderful day!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. Some more family drama that I don't want to get into. Today I'm making home made spaghetti and my closest friends are coming over for food and board games. Thats about all for today. Mostly cooking and cleaning til they all get here. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Merry Christmas!
JAmes worked from home yesterday so we could get stuff done for today (we drove up to PA last night) on my agenda getting my eyebrows weedwacked and buying wrappin paper. Mass this afternoon then dinner and pressies with my fam
assuming J's dad is feeling better we'll have brunch with his fam tomorrow.
I'm making schmoos spinach dip so there will be 1 beach friendly thing other than that 12/26 is a new day!
Cottage I''d love to be at your dinner never have enough energy to make it to midnight mass
eeep OIt's later than I thought!!
bbl
Old 12-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Merry Christmas friends!

Good morning Cottage, enjoy your breakfast and have a wonderful holiday!

Ruth, I'm sorry you're celebrating with a cold this year, but I sure like your attitude. Thanks for the reminder that Christmas isn't about all the things we have to do. I hope you'll find a little time to relax today!

Good morning Debbie, I'm glad you're finally feeling festive. Enjoy the Christmas Eve service. That's one thing I miss now that we do our Christmas this way. Our church has a service on Christmas morning, my parents' church has theirs on Christmas Eve, so with our schedule I end up missing both. When the kids were little we went down on Christmas Eve and I did the cooking there and we went to the candlelight service with my parents. Nice memories.

Kim, I like your plan for Santa's elves! I sure could use their help this year. I'm still getting used to your new avatar - I love that sleek, stylish hairstyle, you look awesome - but to tell you the truth I kind of miss those pretty curls!

Hi Sillyfluff, nice to see you! I'm sorry about the family drama, but it sounds like you've got a really nice day planned for today. Enjoy!

Enjoy your busy day KO, tis the season for taming eyebrows I guess. I got mine done yesterday. lol

Well, I've got a turkey in the oven and 3 of my salads made already, but I've still got lots to do this morning. I'm starting to get very excited now though. I love Christmas and I love the hustle and bustle of getting things ready to take down to my mom's for Christmas dinner, but I've been holding my breath this year because of my father's health. He's not feeling great, but he's at home and it looks like we're blessed to have him with us for one more Christmas!

Our son phoned to say he's got the day off today after all, so he'll get here around lunch time and we'll have our Christmas tonight. Lobster and steamers for supper and then we'll open our gifts and relax a little before heading to bed early. We'll leave for Massachusetts around 6 tomorrow morning and we'll have to pack all the gifts and food before we can leave, so I don't expect to log in tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I'm off to the PO before things get too crowded.

Kim, you and I are on the same wavelength, I processed one of our pumpkins this morning. Brownies sound intriguing! Have a great day and happy Christmas Eve!

Silly, I hope you have a wonderful day! We're having spaghetti for lunch.

Kierie, have a healthy happy dinner and present exchange!

Heidi, enjoy your hustle and bustle. Lobster sounds like a perfect dinner! You've been busy already!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Cottage - a 7 fish dinner, now that sound delicious. Enjoy

Ruth - Magic in Christmas is wonderful. Take care of that cold.

Kim - your Christmas service is at a nice time. Enjoy Chinese.

K0 Heidi - have a wonderful Christmas.

Silly - sorry and take care of yourself.

Debbie - Glad the spirit is with you. Enjoy your family.

me - got things under control. No more shopping just getting the dishes and table ready for tomorrow and will cook like mad. Its times like this that I wish I had two stoves. No sure about which mass I will be going to yet.
Best Wishes to everyone.
take care
Sophie
Debbie -J
Old 12-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I probably won't have time to come on here tomorrow so I'm popping in now. Been fighting a cold (unsuccessfully) for the last several days. The symptoms are not too severe, but they're definitely still there. Oh well, I've survived worse!

Working today until 5, then running home, changing clothes, and heading to Chris'. There we will do our presents, then head to his parents' house for dinner and to watch the kids open theirs. Then back to his place to help him wrap Anna's presents, then home to help dad wrap Mom's presents, then tomorrow morning back to Chris' to do presents with Anna and Ginger, and then back home where Ryan and his wife hopefully will be. WHEW! Thank God Springfield is small!!!

In case I don't get to talk to you all beforehand, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families and friends. Be safe, and have fun!!! (Oh, and stay OP.)

Hugs,
Lisa
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW192 /S 189 /C176.5/G165

Hey hey All. Busy Busy today getting all my cooking prep work done so Im not balls to the walls tomorrow!

Doing tons of cleaning and laundry so I can enjoy the day and the weekend!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks, though I know most of you are off celebrating for the next 24 We had no internet again this morning. I'm beginning to think it's us. had a nice day with m parents and morning with DD. Tomorrow we will have breakfast with my folks, a walk with Mom and then gt on the road. In our family the holiday schedule has more to do with common travel days than calendar dates

Hope you all have a lovely evening and day tomorrow whether celebrating alone or with family or just enjoying a quiet day off.

(I processed a pumpkin on Tuesday for cheesecake, must be a thing )
Closed Thread