Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Core Chat: Dec. 21- Dec. 27

New Pages

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning Everybody:

I read all of the last few days' posts. Maryann, smart move to postpone travel! My niece lives in Rockville MD, and she reports 16 inches of the stuff and that the DC Metro is closed.

I've been doing things related to Christmas, but I'm sick with a cold and sinusitis (again!). But, given the emotions and running around, I'm just glad I didn't fall and break a leg or getting even sicker. I began to feel it on Wednesday morning and here it is full blown, no matter how much Vitamin C I'm taking, no matter how well I do that sinus irrigation thing, and no matter how much sinus meds I take. It's got me in its grip. Well, we all know the joke: a cold takes 7 days whether you treat its symptoms or not!

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I have a good friend whose son is "extreme" also and I know how hard it is to live with the anxiety. We all come into this world with a task to do (I think) and these kinds of sons must come in with the job of terrifying the rest of us

I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to rest!

Rhonda
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin chicks! Cleaning, laundry, errands, and shopping today

Sandra, I'm glad you like my name. I consider myself a lot of things; sexy is not one of them

Rhonda, feel better!

Nancy, sounds like your life is kinda crazy right now. I hope your DH can get some resolution about his back and knees. My DH has been fighting those same problems for about 12 years. One thing I might suggest is exhausting all avenues before resorting to surgery. Exercise, Chiropractic, PT, etc. may have some positive effects. I'm glad your DS is okay...how scary!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies. I'll check in later.

Last edited by sloanie; 12-21-2009 at 09:08 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine and ready to go down to NY on Tues. Had the radio on and Rt 28 that runs in though town is closed to to heavy snows & ice.So I glad I made different plans,now they have another day to remove the snow and hopefully no delays.Other than that nothing new to report.

RHONDA-We had a total of 19"Usually the storms go up the 95 corridor and hits Boston but this time it came our way.Getting excited as I haven't seen the family since last Christmas other than Leo funeral.Now for the happy times again.Hope that's what the New Year will bring.

SLOANE-Glad that all the things your doing today,are finished at my house just waiting now for my trip down to NY. My sister called and told me that the LIRR is not running today because of the snow,at lease on the line I'm taking hope its all resolved by the time Tues rolls around.

GOING TO CLOSE,HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND I'LL SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

We're having a great day. And I'm op. Our family Christmas is Wed night. After that eating hurdle, I should be fine with few temptations. Life is good.

Rhonda, I'm sorry your sick again. I hope you feel better by Christmas. We'll come see ya'll after the holidays after all is settled down.

Sloan, I still think your name sounds sexy. Don't sell yourself short.

Maryann, have a good trip. Get her when you can.

Vickie, I'm guessing you're super busy today and will be for awhile.

As a good friend says, "Remember to hug yourselves." I'll be back later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #6  

Hey chicks, we've been busy. I made an awesome recipe today: wild rice chicken soup. It is awesome. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, and I'll post it. DD and DH loved it, too. We plan to shop tomorrow, and I have to make some food for my parents' anniversary on Wednesday. I plan to make some kind of low-cal chocolate trifle with ff/sf choc pudding, low fat cake, and cool whip. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sandra, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Maryann, be safe tomorrow

Rhonda, take care of yourself. How about some chicken soup?

TTFN
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #7  

Sloan..This sounds good but it isn't exactly what you were
asking for.

Chips Ahoy Dessert
9 servings

1/2 cup f/f milk
18 reduced fat Chips Ahoy Cookies (not the mini cookies)
2 cups f/f milk
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip Free
1 small box chocolate SF/FF instant pudding mix

Place 1/2 cup of milk in a shallow bowl. Dip 9 cookies in milk very briefly and line an 8 x 8 dish with them.

Take 1/2 of the Cool Whip and spread over cookies. Mix the choc. pudding with 2 c milk. Layer over top of Cool Whip. Dip next 9 cookies in the milk and lay on top of pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrig at least 2 hours. Best if you refrig 8 hrs.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Yum...... That sounds good.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #9  

Must brag on my son.

I had just started cooking Diet Coke Sloppy Joe tonight when my cousin
called with a semi-crisis call that needed my undivided attention. I went
to a quiet spot to talk and came back in 30 minutes and my son had
taken over and finished the recipe and it was ready to serve.
He did an excellent job!!
He even left out the chili powder for my hubby

Last edited by nancy237; 12-21-2009 at 10:38 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #10  

Nancy, thanks for the recipe. I might actually try it; it sounds so yummy! Also, isn't it funny how we underestimate our kids. Every now and then they do something that we had no idea they knew how to do! I'm glad your son made you proud!!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #11  

Hi Everybody:

Wow, the LIRR isn't running. That's amazing. I've never heard of it being shut down, but I suppose that happens from time to time.

Sloan, I agree with Sandra about the sound of your name. Enjoy! And, please do send the soup recipe. I'd make it.

I slept in until 8AM..that is unheard of. And, I'm feeling a little better. We have bought gifts for four of the five kids we're buying for, so I'm headed out to get the fifth one now.

We bought a live tree for our Christmas tree. My plan was to buy one every year, then plant it in the yard and create a Christmas forest. But, I don't know. They can be inside for only a week or 10 days and need a lot of attention so that they don't dry out. Well, at least we'll have our first tree in the new house out in the yard.

I need help staying OP. The chocolate has my name on it, sick or not!!!! OK, just saying that will help.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #12  

Oh, I forgot to tell you that when DH met me at the airport on Friday, he met me carrying three dozen roses for me: red ones, yellow ones, orange ones, pink ones, white ones!!!!

Isn't he the sweetest!?

I'm out spending money and keeping the economy strong

Rhonda
Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for helping our economy. I did my part, too. (I did more than I had anticipated--as always--I get carried away--but it is Christmas.) That was so sweet of Doyle greeting you with roses. Makes me smile. He's a romantic fella for sure.

Nancy, that's kewl about your ds finishing the joe's for you.

Sloan, are you packed yet? It'll be good to be where it's warmer. Enjoy yourself.

Rhonda, I'm sending you to help with dealing with chocolate. Get you some 1 point Weight Watcher Fudgesicles and 1 point Weight Watcher Chocolate Cake/chocolate icing. That'll help.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #14  

Hey chicks, I went shopping today, too. My sister and I shopped for my dad. He loves to give my mom gifts but does not feel much like shopping, so we got to go and spend his money! Tomorrow I will finish shopping, get laundry finished and pack, make food for my parents' anniversary party, and rearrange some things for the drywall man who will work while we are gone. I checked the weather for Orlando next week, and it is supposed to be around 70. We are getting more excited every day!

Rhonda, I agree with Sandra. Get some WW treats that are chocolate. That might help. I will post the soup recipe. The idea about the Christmas trees sounds cool. Maybe every other year! Oh yes, the roses would have made me cry!!!! How sweet

Sandra, one good thing about packing for this trip is that everyone can pack for themselves. We are pretty flexible about when we will leave since we are only going to drive part of the way on the first day. I will pack some road food to save money and calories, so I do have to get that ready.

Hey to the rest of you chickies. Hope all is well with each of you!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #15  

Rhonda, I put the recipe under Soups on the board. Hope you like it!