Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #190

Good morning gals.

Joanne - so glad that it all ended well for your hubby. Hope he will continue to get better. The colonoscopy will be a real treat for him lol. You MUST be freezing. It's 10F here, and snowing. It snowed all day yesterday. Haven't had this much snow in 14 yrs. I guess we are having a good old Canadian Winter once again. The past few years we have hardly had any snow and only a short cold snap. Bundle up and stay warm.

Now I am on this new thread, and I can't remember what anybody said I have most of the gifts wrapped, just a couple more to go. Ran out of paper yesterday, so we went to Costco last night and I bought some more. Now I can finish that little job. Next is making sugar cookies - todays job. I work tomorrow, and Thursday we leave for Edmonton, so not a whole lot of time. I also want to get the floors scrubbed.

I hope you all have a most wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the best in the New Year.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #2  

Forget the floors, Anne. they will be there when you come back. Have a great time.
Joanne, glad he is out. They always want to do the colonoscopy. I have had 3 in 5 years-always ok
Art this am-finished my painting-rather the Art teacher did.
We are picking up Evan to stay overnight and going to see the lights in our neighbor's golf cart.
Hope it warms up for you Tammy.
Going to get my shot. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #3  

Anne, thanks for starting us off on the new one! Wow to having lots of snow for the first time in 14 years! Be careful and have a wonderful time on your trip!!!

Joanne, glad to hear about your hubby. Both of you take care of yourselves!

Bob's son, daughter-in-law, and their 2 sons were here tonight. It was great to see them. Maurice loved the attention that he was getting.

Tomorrow night we are getting together with my brothers and their families, well, part of their families. A niece and her husband won't be here till Thursday, and a nephew and his girlfriend won't make it till Friday. For the rest of us, Wed. night worked. Tim and I leave early Saturday morning.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #4  

Joanne, glad your husband is home for the holidays. Hope he continues to do well. No one likes to be sick on Christmas.

Anne and Tammy, have a good trip and lots of fun. Hope you don't get snowed in. My cousin is only 3 1/2 hrs. from here and they got 15 inches last weekend. We only got enough to say it snowed and it's supposed to rain here Christmas day. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

Hope everyone else is well.

HAVE

AND A

MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #5  

Default Hey There

I brought the hubby home last evening . He seems better. He is being difficult..I will go get his medication soon.
I have so much to do before Christmas. I know I won't get my house cleaned good. So what! I do the best I can..
All you guys have a Wonderful Christmas...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #6  

Meme, glad we haven't had 15 inches of snow. We have some snow, enough for snowmen to be built.

Joanne, your house will be fine!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #7  

Hi. Joanne, take it easy. The house will be fine.

Tammy, have a good trip.

Well, we sure have snow, AND cold weather to go along with it. It's almost 30 below zero out there tonight, but going to start to warm up tomorrow. Should be 34F by the weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. We are leaving tomorrow for my daughter's and won't be back until Sunday night.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #8  

I don't mind the snow too bad, especially if I can stay inside, but I hate the cold. What I really can't stand is for it to be cold and rain and that is what we're supposed to have for the next couple of days! It's supposed to start tomorrow and I'm already hurting. Much rather have nice fluffy snow!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 AM   #9  

Well, there is no snow here. And it's going to be warm.
Evan was here overnight-he wet the bed but I was remiss in making him go to the bathroom. We had fun-played UNO. Wemt to look at the lghts on the golf cart.
Baking a pie, making a trifle , a dip, and bringing squares to Mike's /
Hope you have a safe trip Tammy and Anne.
We have new neighbors-someone said they bought the place for 2,500 off Craig's list. Beats paying 659 a month rent until it's sold.
Our service is at 4-then we are going to Perkins. with our neighbors.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Mima
Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

About all that is going to get done is the rug vacuumed,dust and go to grocery store. I went yesterday but didn't get all I needed. It has been a rough week for me.I just was not thinking straight. And I should have made a list. STUPID!
My left knee decided to say hello and that is not helping..
Love you guys,. Have a wonderful weekend.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #11  

Our folks all coming tomorrow so I still have today to catch up. Almost done myself in yesterday & now my back is feeling 'twingy'. Probably from giving the dog a bah & vacuuming the whole basement. Still have the upstairs to finish cleaning and pies, cheesecakes and strawberry salad to make and the turkey to stuff tonight. Dinner is at 1 tomorrow so we'll have to have it ready to go in the oven before we go to bed and hubby will have to get up at 6 and put it in. Better get at it. It's not going to get done by itself. My French maid done left me and went back to France!!! Darn!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #12  

hahahahahahahahaha ... first time my dog ever had a BAH ... wonder how she liked it!!! sorry, left the t out of bath. I'M SOOOO TIRED!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #13  

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #14  

Anne, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to 30 below! I hope you enjoyed your time with your family.

Meme, I'm with you on wanting nice fluffy snow instead of cold rain. Wish your French maid would have come here to help me get ready to leave tomorrow. LOL to the dog's bath. I guess I should give Maurice one today.

Mima, I can't remember the last time I played UNO. We used to play that all the time.

Joanne, I make lists for the store, and then 1/2 the time I forget to take the list with me. Hope your knee feels better soon.

Christmas Eve services were wonderful. Last year was my first year attending this church, and we were in Georgia. Last night we were heading toward the church, and we could see luminaries up ahead. They were out at the crossroads where we turn. The luminaries then lit the road leading to the church quite a distance on both sides from both directions. Absolutely beautiful with the snow that was there.

I didn't mess up my part in lighting the candle, so I was happy. lol

Our snow is gone this morning! It is up in the 40's and raining. It is also very windy. When Tim gets here, we need to go out back and pick up the grill. It blew over during the night. I need to get laundry finished and pack to leave in the morning, so I don't know if I'll get back on here or not today. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #15  

Hi all-great Christmas at my son's house. I was his secret santa and we fooled him because we left his big present in the car-he kept looking!
I already spent my penney's gift cert but got 10 off. Nice Alfred Dunner outfit. My son Bob was my secret Santa. Course pam helped.
Next is the wedding!!!Feb 5th.
Have a safe trip tammy. Mima