View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #38

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I would disagree. I mentioned before that we spend $200-$300/month for the 2 of us and that includes quite a bit of organics and some splurge items too. I also mentioned the blog where a lady feeds herself and 2 (part time) teenage sons on $100/month. It is definitely doable to eat cheaply if it is your goal.
Hubby and I also spend between $200 and $300 a month (including personal hygeine items, cat food, kitty litter (and cat's glucosamine/chondroitin treats for her arthritis) and household cleaning products.

Most months it's closer to $200, and when we run out of pantry staples (which always seems to happen all at once) it's closer to $300 (about every 3 months). So that averages to about $233 a month for the year.

We do have a Sam's Club membership (you will not save money at Sam's Club if you're not very careful, but we're very careful). We buy organic baby spring mix lettuce regularly. It's about 1/4 the cost per serving of the same mix at Walmart (which is a lot cheaper than in other grocery stores).
My Etsy shop (currently closed for the summer)
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!

Last edited by kaplods : 12-21-2009 at 12:23 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote