Old 12-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #1  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Thumbs down Gross.

So the day I'd been dreading came.

My mom's traditional cookie party.

We all got together, had a great time talking, catching up, taking pictures, spending time with each other.... all while trading cookie recipes and taste testing everyone's cookies (there were over 10 different cookies and cakes) and the food consisted of mini sausages in cresent rolls, chips with the cheesy bean dip and cilantro, and a few other things. And rainbow sherbert punch. Oh yeah.

I knew I was going to indulge, and was in fact decided to it.... but JEEZ.

I haven't eaten anything else since then... and that ended at 3pm this morning... and I still don't feel like eating.

The whole drive home it was like my head was swimming from the massive amounts of sugar I consumed, and I couldn't breathe because my stomach was so full it was pressing against my lungs.

Not only do I not feel like eating... I actually kind of feel like puking. And my head is throbbing. Even my intestines are rumbling. In fact, I kinda feel like I have a hangover in a way... minus the whole body/death feeling you get from near alcohol poisoning.

And don't even get me started on what the scales says.... 3lbs up? Jesus. Please, please, PLEASE let at least half of that be water weight or bloating of some sort from lack of water intake. I hope to god it comes off quickly, too, because I was just 3lbs away from my darn goal and have less than a month to achieve it. *sigh*

How in the WORLD did we live like this before???

Last edited by starfishkitty; 12-18-2009 at 12:57 PM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

I wonder how many times we will have to indulge before we get it? That indulging feels icky and yuky and sicky and as you put it GROSS! We'll do it as many times as we need to I suppose. So sorry you succumbed to the feast of goodies!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #3  
Finding my wings...

I'm not sorry that I did in one sense. I enjoyed the family time, and the bonding and even the taste testing at time..... and honestly there was just no way around it without hurting my mom's feelings. I can't avoid these family functions my whole life... and some of them are BASED on the eating (like this yearly cookie party and Thanksgiving)... so what do you do?

I just cannot believe that I used to eat like this YEAR ROUND.

****, I think I should have a cookie party like this once every six months instead of once a year! As sick as I feel, I feel like the 17 year old that broke into her parents booze cabinet and learned a darned good lesson.

It's reminded me just how crappy that kind of food IS for your body!!!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 12-18-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Coulda-woulda-shoulda...I don't want to sound like that. I'll just say that upfront. And I wouldn't say anything at all except that you asked "What would you do?"

I think I would have broken each cookie and taken only 1/4 of it, and truly just taste-tested. And even with that, maybe I could tell some cookies wouldn't appeal to me as much as others. Peanut Butter for instance. Or sugar cookies. To me they're just "ok" and I wouldn't want to waste the calories on just ok.

But that said...lesson learned, right? And you had a good time!

Last edited by Eliana; 12-18-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

love your cat (in your avatar).

it's funny how your body and way of thinking changes, isn't it. you know, years ago, eating until I was stuffed then having dessert would have been not unusual. eating ice cream meant eating a pint. If I opened a bag of potato chips, that puppy would have been licked clean probably within a half hour (and it wouldn't have mattered how big the bag was). one piece of chocolate?? one cookie?? wouldn't have happened.

live, change, evolve.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

LOL, I would have no problem declaring that I cannot be expected to eat 10 cookies and get so sick! But, it is tricky not hurting people's feelings, and I don't think it's always wrong, for every person, to ever eat something to please a loved one or keep the peace
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I know the feeling. The awful post-sugar induced coma that makes you feel horrible.

I think it does have it's place once in a while. Some of us do better with a reminder of what happens when we overdo it. I will be going along eating well, feeling good about things, and thinking that there is nothing wrong with indulging once in a while. Then you do and you remember why you quit doing that.

No wet noodles from me. I completely understand the social and family pressure from holiday events.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #8  
Finding my wings...

Dragonwoman - Thanks! His name is Fudgey.... he's the most adorable, laid back kitten even... until you see him and his best friend Emmet (a lab mix) playing like they're boxers/wrestles. Cutest.thing.ever.

And thanks for the understanding ladies... it IS tricky to avoid hurting people's feelings around the holidays, and its not like they aren't understanding the rest of the year. And not like they weren't darned good, too! But Sheena's right... that sugar induced coma was the pits! Ugh!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #9  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I totally empathize with this. I got back on the horse about 3 weeks ago and have been eating very, very well. For some reason, I was just so. freakin. hungry yesterday, and I made some really poor choices. I feel gross and bloated an icky today, and my stomach hurts something fierce.

So not worth it.

We're all gonna have bumps in the road -- the important thing is that we acknowlege them and move on, right?
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #10  
Finding my wings...

Damn right.