Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1  
On my way back to me

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hitting bottom

For many reasons that I can't go into detail about, I have hit rock bottom.

I need to lose weight, now, or I am going to lose it. I am so unhealthy, and I have 5 small children that depend on me.

I am eating myself into oblivion.

I joined Snap Fitness today, that's a start. I need some words of MOTIVATION. I stand to lose everything, and yet part of me feels so numb that I almost don't care.

Last edited by ChristaP516; 12-17-2009 at 02:08 PM.
ChristaP516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh sweetie... we ALL HAVE BEEN THERE! When I stepped on the scale and saw 377 pounds I nearly died... I mean I KNEW I was fat... but THAT FAT? No way!!!!

You CAN DO THIS. You WILL DO THIS. And you know why? Because it's not an option NOT TO.

*mega hugs* come here often. You know the reason I have lost 164 pounds? these ladies and gents... for real.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome! We've all been there - where you don't think you can go another day living like you are. But it can change! You can change! Have you thought about the eating part of your plan? Exercise is good, but the food part is the most important for getting the weight off.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #4  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

You can do it Christa! Just take it one day at a time.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #5  
On my way back to me

I have a real problem with food. The only plan that has ever worked well for me, with no cravings (after the first few horrible days) was meal replacements (shakes).
Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a real problem with food but what worked with me was changing the foods I ate. I didn't eat a lot of veggies, unless they were covered in cheese, I ate ice cream regularly and I had no problem taking out almost an entire loaf of french bread (with brie of course).

I started eating a whole foods diet (without even really knowing what whole foods were) and exercising and I started losing. I ate lots of veggies, some fruits, some whole grains, legumes and lean meats. I stayed away from a lot of high fat and high sugary items. My eating plan has morphed over the years but really eating whole foods is central to it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

The problem with meal shakes is that you don't learn to co-exist with food, which is something you're going to have to do in order to live life. It can be hard to shake food cravings, but honestly, they really do go away after several weeks of staying on plan. And this is coming from a lifelong binger and compulsive eater.

Making peace with food and realizing that it (and the voice in my head that urges me to eat things that aren't good for me) doesn't control me was the most important part of this journey for me. I am in control and sometimes that means battling cravings and telling myself firmly, "NO". And oddly enough, winning those battles makes me feel so powerful.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

meal replacements....you can't really do that forever can you? it's all about learning new habits, those don't really help you learn how to eat they just help you avoid the temptation,which is ok for the short term but you might want to think more long term than that.

I count calories, a lot of the people do in this particular forum, and it seems to work well for many of us. it's not deprivation, anything in moderation. I had pizza (a little) for dinner last night! Just becuase i wanted it, but it was within' my calories planned so I did just fine.

good luck with whatever you choose!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I agree with what has already been said, but I want to send my encouragement too. It is insanely hard to change our ways, but you can do it. You HAVE to do it! It is totally in your control!

If you take one meal at a time, one snack at a time, and make sure it is healthy and low calorie, you can retrain yourself to eat sensibly. It isn't always easy, but it does get a lot easier with practice. But you have to do it. It's been said on this forum before, but you need to make healthy eating and exercise a part of your day, just like brushing your teeth.

I do calorie counting and it really works for me. I would also suggest journalling what you are eating. You have a lot to do with 5 kids under the age of 6, but you must find a way to make time for you to do the right thing. Don't put it off like I did! If you are taking care of yourself, then you are also taking care of your family because you will feel better and be better!

You CAN do this!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #10  
On my way back to me

I understand. I do. My problem stems from shoving food in my face because meal times are so freaking stressful. I have 23 month old triplets who just are screeching and demanding food, a 5 year old complaining about her food, and a 4 year old who does nothing but jabber on and on about anything and everything. It's really a circus, and I have found it easier to eat a shake instead of measuring what I eat. No matter what I set aside for myself I inevitably share, and then I just end up eating whatever is around.

I'm the human waste basket.

lol.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

It is possible that shakes/meal replacements are a good fit for you, at least right now. I do a shake in the morning because I don't like eating in the morning, even if I'm hungry. Other things I do is make large batches of healthy foods so that I always have healthy prepared foods around.

Some people also like frozen meals although I have never used them and I don't like them. They may be an option for you.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I second Nelie's suggestion.

I too use a no-brainer shake for breakfast. From there, perhaps just eat the same thing every day for snacks and lunch. Give the kids their own snack and be selfish with yours! It's ok to tell them, "No, this is mine."

Frozen meals are very easy. They are expensive, but just to get you going, I think they're a very valid option. I'm trying to figure out how to get myself away from them for lunch right now. They're awfully darn easy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I recently hit rock bottom too. I just couldn't go on another day at the weight I was. So I didn't. I started just counting calories. Everyday I weigh, measure and write it down. After a while it becomes a habit. Once you get the sugar out of your system, the cravings will taper off. The shakes might be a good fit for now, but you need to find a plan that you will be able to be consistent with.

I can't imagine what it must be like running around after 5 kids all day. I bet that you hardly get a moment to yourself. But this is too important to put off. You don't want to find yourself 363 lbs like I was. Start now while you are still ahead of the game!

Last edited by Sandi; 12-17-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaP516 View Post
I understand. I do. My problem stems from shoving food in my face because meal times are so freaking stressful. I have 23 month old triplets who just are screeching and demanding food, a 5 year old complaining about her food, and a 4 year old who does nothing but jabber on and on about anything and everything. It's really a circus, and I have found it easier to eat a shake instead of measuring what I eat. No matter what I set aside for myself I inevitably share, and then I just end up eating whatever is around.

I'm the human waste basket.

lol.
The problem is that you have to make yourself a priority. Yes, you are a very busy mom and I know it's crazy. I have 3 boys and that's crazy enough, I can't imagine triplets but you have to put yourself first and make this commitment for yourself. You can do this. It's hard work but it will pay off in the end with you being a better mother and able to handle that mealtime stress, it'll take work and at times it will be stressful to start but once you are on your way, it will become second nature.

Welcome to the board! I look forward to reading your posts.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Add another crazy mom. I have 3 kids and 4 daycare kids. They are 8,6,3.5,3,2.5,2,1.5 .... but you HAVE TO find time to take care of yourself. And if shakes are going to work for now then do them.

we'll support you HOWEVER we can.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote