Old 12-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountibily, post your menu, exercise, support, - Week of Dec. 14

Do you need a place to post your menu or your exercise plan, or need support? Then this is the place for you! Come on in!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #2  
mj5

Hi everyone!

Phew what a busy day. Not a very good one either. Well, it could have been way, way worse....but sometimes I really dislike being a manager. I had to deal with some disciplinary stuff today and I never like that. I will NOT use it as an excuse to eat crappy food or skip the gym, however. I deserve to spend time on me doing what I want to do for ME.

Hope everyone is having an OP day!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I do today!!!!!

Plateau's bite. I need some accountability to keep me on the straight and narrow.

B- large banana, full fat yogurt cup
L- 1 1/3 cups salad shrimp, 4 T cocktail sauce, 4 cups mixed salad, 2 T fat free ranch
S- Preventia granola bar, mandarin orange
D- 1 cup eggs... scrambled, 1 slice orrowheat bread with 1 TSP butter, 1 cup raw snap peas

weight this morning? No idea. Scale put away and will weigh on NEXT Monday morning.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ya, I'm not having a good Monday either. I didn't work out and I don't like not going to the gym. Makes me cranky. I hurt my knee and evidently it is going to take a little while to heal. Whatever. I am going back to the gym tomorrow. I won't be in spin class, which makes me cry, but I'll either do just upper body weights or maybe a little walking on the treadmill. Maybe just being there will make me happier. It's just heck to get old.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #5  
mj5

Good Morning! Must have been something in the air yesterday...I went to the gym, but there wasn't any "oomph" behind my workout. Well, at least I went, right? that's something.....

I am going out to dinner w/ friends tonight. I have never been to this restaurant before AND the menu isn't online. I will make smart, healthy choices.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Well, my knee still hurts, but I went to the gym. I did some upper body weights and some leg stuff that didn't involve my knee, so I can do something there. I can't let this stop my progress alltogether. My husband was sweet about it. He said yesterday that he wondered if I could still go and do some other things. He was worried that if I stayed away too long, I might lose my momentum and he didn't want me to get upset over that. I think he knows that I'm in a better mood when I go, too. ha! We're getting a lot of goodies at work now. I just keep telling myself that someone might have sneezed on them, so they probably aren't good.

MJ: Hope your dinner goes well. You know what to choose, so you'll do well!

Hi to everyone else!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

Did well yesterday. Ended up using my 300 calories that I was NOT going to eat for airpopped popcorn and some goldfish crackers. It could have been worse... I do need to talk to my husband about HIS snacking in the evening getting out of control and being disrespectful to MY journey. Ice cream with chocolate sauce should be eaten OUT OF MY SIGHT. Just saying...

so today

B- large banana and yogurt
L- LARGE garden salad with 1 cup diced chicken breast, 2 T fat free ranch and mandarin orange
S- preventia bar and mandarin orange
D- 2 cups homemade beef stew with beef, organic potatoes, carrots, white onion and LOTS AND LOTS of garlic Some soy sauce, bovril and we're good to go!
S- tea with honey
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #8  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

S-turkey pepperoni (17/70 cals)
B- two english muffins with jelly and lite butter (260)
S- campbells hand held chicken noodle soup with crackers (160
L- turkey sandwich on wheat bread lite mayo (190)
S- Cup of FF cottage cheese (about 80) yogurt (80)
D-?
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #9  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Well, I just got back from Outback. Man, most of their entrees are over 1000 calories. I got the grilled chicken with grilled veggies and rice. The entire plate was 1021, but I ate only 2/3rds of it. That is huge for me, I would normally just go ahead and polish it off, but I kinda felt like I was full and there was still enough that I could save it for lunch, so I just let it sit on my plate while everyone else finished eating. I'm still working on eating slower. I made a conscious effort today to put down my fork, but I still don't really talk much during dinner, and so it's easy to just keep loading up the fork while listening to others. All in all, I had a pretty good on-plan day. I did 1 hour of exercise too, but I didn't want to weigh myself because there were two people visiting and I felt pretty self-conscious to do that around them, and now I have a belly full of food, so I think I'll just wait for tomorrow.

Last edited by rakel; 12-15-2009 at 09:18 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies.

I've added eggs and cheese back into my diet, because I wasn't getting enough protein,cuz now that I work I am eating less tofu and seitan, simply because that stuff reheated is pretty gross!

so I'm going to be taking hard boiled eggs, nuts and cottage cheese with me to work so I don't feel totally run down during the work day.

I don't know what I"m eating today,so far I've had two eggs with some multi grain toast.

probably having some rice for lunch and maybe a veggie pita pizza for dinner and cottage cheese for a snack.

it's really hard to plan with work the way it is.

augh. Can't WAIT till I'm down to 3 days!!!! That will be AMAZING.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

hi..things are going ok here.
breakfast- coffee and oatmeal with blueberries
lunch - turkey sandwich and carrots
dinner- will be out tonight but it will be OP>
heading out to finish shopping after work today. Got a few more gifts to buy and praying I can stretch my cash far enough.lol
Im dreading making all the foods grocery list. We have a meal here and then 2 other places to take things plus snacks for the family here.
I just wish we could skip the eating part of christmas. Its so hard to try and behave when all the tempting stuff is around.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Reality hurts, and the scale was not kind today. I am positive it has to do with the fact that in the past two days, I've eaten out for 3 meals. I've even gone and looked up calories before I went to make sure I was making the best choice possible, but it's still just too much food, and too much temptation for me. I definitely do better when I am not eating out all of the time. And, it's better for our wallet.

Today, I went out for lunch, just because I got out of a meeting with a client right at 12:30, and so it was convenient to just grab something out somewhere and then make our way back to the office. I was planning on making dinner when I got home, but then my sister in-law came over with her new car (!!) and wanted to go out. Normally I would just go along with this, but we have been eating out a lot lately and I just said that it would be best for me to not. They know I am trying to lose weight, and I just explained that we've been going out a lot lately and I should really just eat something at home. John's mother kept trying to press the issue by saying I should get a salad, etc, but I just didn't feel like ordering a salad. I don't like having one as my entire meal, because even they can tend to have a lot of calories in restaurants, and I always feel hungry later. I don't mind having a side salad with something else, because that also limits the amount of dressing I use. I love salad as much as the next person, but I'm not going to last very long on this lifestyle change if I can only order salads in restaurants.

So yeah, just a little discouraged today, even though both yesterday and today I did a 1hr workout. I did feel like I wasn't pushing myself as much today though. I didn't work up as much of a sweat as usual... but I think I need to do a strength workout tomorrow and mix it up a bit.

I think part of my problem is that my metabolism is pretty slow, slower than what the Daily Plate is calculating it as. I should be able to eat 2,500 calories a day and lose 2lbs a week, but it seems like if I have a day where I eat that much, I gain. Unless I am just not being totally realistic on my calories, which maybe I do tend to error on the low side instead of the high.

If there is anything positive to be had about any of this, I am learning to put down my fork when I am full and not keep eating. I'm still not doing everything perfect but I still am finding ways that I am making progress, even when the situation looks pretty grim. I am determined not to quit!

Last edited by rakel; 12-16-2009 at 11:36 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

Today was.... a little scary. lol!!!

B-slice orrowheat bread, 1 T natural pb, orange
L- 1 3/4 cups leftover stew, 1 oz mozza cheese, orange
S- (here's where it went all wiggy) 1 serving smarties (lol!) and 100 calories worth of pretzels (I wouldn't call the smarties... planned... but I moved things around to make room for them)
D- 2.5 cups chicken noodle soup, 1 slice orrowheat bread, 1 LC wedge

Foods going to look STRANGE for the next four days as we're at the Hall for about 10 hours of every day at my kids/husband are in nutcracker and I'm behind the scenes help!!! With potlucks on both saturday and sunday I'm hoping to minimize the damage.

Exercise? 4 miles of Walk away the pounds
Calories today? 1575
Old 12-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #14  
mj5

Hi everyone! I'll catch up w/ everyone tonight. I took yesterday off to finish my shopping and mission accomplished!!! Ahhhh, I feel so much better!

Today I am taking my younger brother out for lunch for his bday. The good news is, he always eats healthy, so he'll keep me on track!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

Today:
B- extra large banana, yogurt, 1 T natural pb
S- granola bar, 2 LC wedges
L- 2.5 cups low sodium tomato/red pepper soup, 7 wheat crackers, 1 LC wedge
S- 37 goldfish, mandarin orange
D- 1 cup grilled chicken, 1 cup broccoli

I've added BACK IN my morning snack as since I've kicked up the cardio I am starving by 10.

I've done my 1 mile walk so far and will do the 3 mile ab one later. It's also a resistance training day.