General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #1  

Question Just Curious ... Nail Polish

How many nail polishes do you have?

I was cleaning out my mani/pedi supplies and I took an inventory, and I thought it would be interesting to see what others have.

I have 18, but two of them are fortifiers. Of the remaining 16, I have five that are very similar in color (plum, cherry, violet), 2 pinks, 2 golds, 2 whites (identical - ugh, hate when I mistakenly buy duplicates), 2 silvers, a teal, a lavender, and an onyx.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I don't have very many. On the rare occasion when I do polish my fingernails, I do it with either clear or this really light, sheer pink that's a little sparkly (I loves my sparkles!). I have more dramatic stuff for my toes--a couple of hot pinks, a pale pink, and most recently a metallic dark blue that, believe it or not, got me a ton of compliments this summer.

Polish on my (finger)nails really never seems to last long enough to be worth the bother. It seems like it start chipping and peeling within a day or so. I don't know if it's because I type a lot or use a lot of lotion on my hands or what.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Probably atleast 15. I normally have polish on my nails. I can't stand the look of my hands without it on lol.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/191/150

i just bought a new green color today!

i have about 5 or so full bottles and about 10 of the tiny little bottles.
in all sorts of colors of the rainbow..blues purples pinks orange yellow green
algebraashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i'd guess about 7 or so- lots of the little fun colors for my toes and a few that are for business - and a top coat. mostly i paint just my toenails though - my feet are gross and i like something to distract from that! lol.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #6  

Yes! I am the same way ... brighter colors are for pedicures, and hardly ever wear polish on my fingernails. A manicurist once told me that polish on fingernails doesn't stay as long because we wash our hands so frequently.

I do use fortifiers and keep my nails filed, even if I don't add color.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #7  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Yup I love polishes too! Probably have around 20 or so as well, all colors! Usually don't keep my fingernails painted much though, toes, ALWAYS! I feel like I can get away with crazy colors and design on the toes..
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #8  

Seriously ...I have every single color by OPI and Nichole...hundreds.lol
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Weirrdd - I was just doing my nails!
When I moved out of my moms, I left all of our nail polish there (2 younger sisters & such). I think all I have in my house is 1 bright pink, 1 black, and 1 or 2 clear polishes. I NEED MOREEEE!!!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #10  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Im sure I have 20+. Lots of reds, pinks, some bright colors, and some darker colors for the toes.

I recently bought a french manicure set and LOVE it. My nails are most definitely stronger and grow so much better when Im eating right! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

lol--two--one clear and the other clear with a touch of pink--being a mom I am pretty low maintenance in nail care these days...I also have a bottle of cuticle oil
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #12  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

i have like 50 ... i praticallly have a mix or blacks, pinks blues turquiose, red silver ...and any other you can think of i have a lot of glitter too. i love to sparkle i had more but i clean it out evryonce and a while and a lot went.. my friends are the same with having lots of nail polish so we share also when i go to the nail salon i use whatever they have.. i seems like i dont really seee any new color anymore they are the same colors with new names.. i wish someone could get new colors out.. right now my nails look like candy cane but this past month ive been sporting black tips..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I am busy chucking everything that is NOT OPI. After having my nails done since about Feb this year, I am not using cheap nailpolishes anymore.

So I have 2 OPI polishes, in dark red (from the Spain collection) and a dark plum (that looks almost black - but I don't know from which collection), an OPI nail strengthener and OPI fast dry topcoat and spray. But I'm going to probably get a new one on Saturday 'cause my nail lady has a lot of nice stuff on sale at the moment
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Apparently I'm super boring. While my toes are always painted, I've used the same color for years - I'm not really a waitress by OPI. So, um, I have 3 bottles of polish - 2 polish, 1 top coat.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I have 100+!! I have 3 bags full of nail polish. Most of them are dark purples, blacks, dark reds, pinks, and funky colors like..neon green, dark green, yellow, gold, neon orange, etc. I love nail polish!!!! It's one of my many obsessions.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote