South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Whooshing Wednesday

Good morning! Do you think we can slow down time today?

Early start this morning as I awoke thinking of everything I need to do today. I take the doggage to the kennel at 3:30 and then take off not to return until about the same time Friday afternoon. What a drag but I have only one brother and it is a 30th wedding anniversary. I'm hoping to use the train time for reading, some hand sewing and maybe Christmas card writing.

Although I have my wee tree up an lit, I'm still fretting about the missing legs for the old one! I also am missing the silver beads and chains as well as my box of Christmas jewellery. No doubt they'll turn up on Epiphany! I think I need to put it behind me and focus on other things - like how to get my goodie gifts made, packed and delivered.

May you have a fruitful day with berries of peace and joy.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Hope you have a relaxing trip. The train is great for forced relaxation
Sadly I often find those things when I put the rest away for the season. I'm sure they will show up in their own good time.

Thanks for all the thoughts yesterday Chicks. I so wanted to acknowledge his life. He is the second close family member lost to the consequences of mental illness and I am constantly reminded that it is important to say the words and fight the stigma.

The staff party was not as unpleasant as we feared. I got a gift certificate to my favorite coffee shop and had a yummy breakfast. 2 other people ordered their breakfasts exactly like mine Now the boss is gone the rest of the week and I am off next week. It will be nice to have some mellow office time.

Well our power just went off for a few but my post is still here! That's a pleasant surprise. Hope there are pleasant surprises in your day too
Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth, Cyndi, and everyone else who's joining us today.

I'm sure you'll have a nice visit with your brother, Ruth, and enjoy your little holiday. The train is the way to travel, no traffic worrries and you can sit back and just relax.

Cyndi, you stirred up memories of all the treasured moments I spent with my beloved nana. Remember that your uncle lives in your heart always. I'm glad the office party was fun and that you recieved a gift that you will enjoy. Why is your power going off? Are you having a storm up there?

It's cold but clear here. I'm just getting laundry done and may wrap a few gifts before I head out. Cindy had me do some shopping for her yesterday, and I was just amazed at the amount of shoppers that were out on a Tuesday. I think our economy is definitely getting a boost and being stimulated this Christmas. At least I was able to get a little more of my shopping done, too, while I was out there.

I hope there are some happy surprises in my day, as well as yours today. We could all use some right now.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Ruth, I got tired just reading your post! Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit. As for the missing Christmas things - did you "put them in a safe place"? That's a family joke around here. I can't tell you the times I put things in a 'safe place' to be sure we'd find them when we needed them and then......

Cyndi, I'm glad the staff party went better than expected and enjoy your mellow office time! I was thinking of you on Monday afternoon when I was out on my snowshoes. I didn't go far, I'm always a wimp the first few times out - my feet and ankles tire too quickly - but I had a great time.

Good morning to the rest of my SBD friends, too.
As usual I'm rushing this morning but I wanted to stop in and wish you all a great Wednesday. Whether you know it or not, you ladies are doing a great job of helping me stay focused and on plan despite the stress in my life right now and all the junky food that's surrounding me these days! Thanks for being here. *hug*
Old 12-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ruth! I hope you have a wonderful time with your brother and his wife!

Cyndi, I'm so glad the office party went better than expected. Yay for gift givers who pay attention to what the recipient would actually like!

Linda, I think being over here is a two-edged sword. I do miss the stores in the States, but I do not miss the crowds. Glad you were able to get some of your shopping in while you did Cindy's!

Hugs to you, too, Heidi. Isn't is a wonderful thing to have such a lovely group here?

I am busy as always. I got the soup made for tonight's dinner and it made the house smell so yummy! I practiced my music for tonight and for Christmas Eve, and I cleaned the upstairs bathroom and the bedrooms. Kadyn did her violin and grammar before school and I got in a workout after the cleaning was done. Connor just walked in the door. He has to finish his homework, practice his violin, do his homeschool math, and then we're heading out to basketball practice and then the mid-week Advent service at church. I got some new clothes in the mail last night so I'm looking forward to wearing a fun new outfit, after I get showered that is! I still haven't had a second to wrap gifts...I'd better get to that sometime soon!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Whether you know it or not, you ladies are doing a great job of helping me stay focused and on plan despite the stress in my life right now and all the junky food that's surrounding me these days! Thanks for being here. *hug*
Same here, Heidi. Yesterday wasn't the greatest for me, but all of you keep me focused and I'm able to remember today is a new day.

I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. The options are to go into town (Boulder) with my Mom and Sis, or stay home and get some things done and work on getting refocused. I guess I'll see how my morning goes and decide a bit later.

First things first, it's time to make coffee. I think I'll try a list and see if it helps.

Best wishes everyone!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks.... BRRRR it is here this morning. Glad I don't have to go out anywhere. I can stay warm and cozy inside. Finally have my tree up and decorated. Finally can mark that off my list. Still have some shopping to do but I am going to finish this week end. I want to finish up everything this week end, shopping, wrapping, baking,cleaning so that I can enjoy next week. Only 4 days with the wee ones and only a few of my school kiddos so that won't be to bad then I am off for 5 wonderful days.

Ruth Enjoy the train hope you get all your little things done. Treasure the moments with your brother.

Cyndi- Glad you had a great work party and getting a gift you like is so much better. Have a great day

Cottage- It is cold here to but cloudy. I have the same things lined up for the day, wrapping, laundry etc. Hope you have a great day. Stay warm.

Hedi-

Me- Not much eating and exercise have gone out the window. Christmas has me a little stressed this year and I think it is because I feel so behind. I am hoping by the end of the week I will be done and then I can relax. Well must dash and get on with my day.

Kara-Good Day Kara, enjoy the new outfit and I am thinking that soup is going to be a staple for me in the new year. Reading about your soups always make me want some.

Lexxiss Good morning and hope you have a great day. I hope a list works for you, it always works for me.

Last edited by little chick; 12-16-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, I love lists. I've been known to write a list with #1 being "Write a list" so I have something to mark off as soon as I get going. I'm such a dork!

LC, hope all your to-dos come together quickly!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

LOL Kara I love it... I must remember that when I go make my todo list this morning.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Lexiss - yesterday was a BAD day for me too. The local rescue group sent a HUGE basket o' cookies, and I indulged in a couple!

Good morning all! I was bad yesterday (food wise). Busted the treadmill too. Glad to report thought, that I woke up early, drove to the Y, got my 3 miles in and back in time before the DH left at 6:45. Hope that new belt gets here soon!!

Just checking in. Gotta run before the remodeler gets here!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

LC, it's my little trick to make myself feel better.

Twynn, the good thing about life is that the day is eventually over and you can start fresh when you wake up.

Feral, welcome to the South Beach chat! So glad you've joined us!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth, enjoy the train ride and have fun at your brothers.

Cyndi, glad your day wasn't so bad yesterday and you got a gift card you can actually use.

Cottage, on my drive home I have to pass the mall and it was crowded during weekday daytime, people must be taking off to go shopping or something.

Heidi, what fun snowshoeing, I never did do that when we lived in Maine for 5 years. Have a good day.

Kara, yeah for new clothes, I did buy myself a new Christmas outfit for when we go to Texas as they are a bit more dressier when they go to church then we are. I felt like you last night as I was cleaning up the whole house, okay just the downstairs. LOL

Debbie, hope you are getting focused today, enjoy your day no matter what you decide to do.

LC, enjoy the wee ones it's so much fun to have them around this time of the year, but I know you will enjoy your time off away from them.

Twynn, good for you getting your run in, I am sure you will be glad when you don't have to leave to get your workout in.

Feral, to the beach.

As for me- yesterday I got off early from work so I went and did some errands and then went home and cleaned and made taco bake for dinner. Managed a completely Phase 1 day yesterday, hoping to do atleast 5 more days of Phase 1, but already I am feeling so much better and in control of my eating. Today I have class til 5 p.m. and then going to pick up DD2 from dance and take both DD shopping as we have to find DD1 an outfit for church as well and we didn't have any luck Sunday afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #13  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey if I knew the beach came with a cabana boy I would've joined this a lot sooner! Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know allof you in our journey!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Rose, you made me laugh. I ended up doing my downstairs, too. Now I don't feel guilty about taking off tomorrow to go to exercise class.

We had a really nice church service tonight. I love our congregation! Now I'm off to do a craft for AWANA and then to hit the sack. Night all!
Closed Thread