Screen Name:

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

Hobbies and Interests:

Favorite Music:

Favorite Color(s):

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

What are your fitness/health goals?

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

*Screen Name: Aphil

*Age/Age Range: almost 30!

*Family Life:
Married with two children-Raiden is 3, Jasmine is 6

Middle Eastern dancer with Troupe Taleeba, professional seamstress and costume maker specializing in belly dance costumes and movie costume replicas, vendor for belly dance merchandise, member of the costume staff at TheForce.net

*Hobbies and Interests:
Art, dance (all kinds), music and instruments, costumes and costume design, sci-fi and fantasy movies and books, foreign culture, wine and mead, Renaissance faires, exercising, Natural health and eating practices, funky clothing, any craft-crocheting, floral design, beading, painting-you name it I do it.

*Favorite Music:
Middle Eastern, Prince, Ani Difranco, Adult alternative-folksy stuff, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, classical, Gothic-Type O Negative or Manson type stuff, Electronic Techno-Raver stuff, Bluegrass (yeah-imagine that! ) Afikan Jenbe, Native American and Middle Eastern drumming...really anything that makes unique use of instruments and musical talents. (So I actually pretty much hate pop music like Britney Spears and Hillary Duff.)

*Favorite Color(s): green, black, and any shade of brown. I like orange as well.

*Favorite Exercise/Workouts: strength training, belly dancing, walking, and yoga.

*What are your fitness/health goals?
To become stronger, more flexible, and more more aerobically fit. I would ultimately like to maintain a weight of around 140-but I am in no hurry. I concentrate the most on athletic fitness. I also concentrate on eating as much of a natural diet as possible.

*What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

After I had my first child I weighed 200 pounds. The trigger to get fit was when I saw photos of me with her during a baby pageant. It tore me up to see how fat I was. I made it to goal and maintenance, and soon became pregnant again.
I hadn't even recuperated from his birth totally yet when he became very ill with pneumonia and aspirated lungs at a few weeks of age. He was in intensive care for a while and I was doing breathing treatments and such every couple hours for a while after his hospital release. Once that was all over with-I realized how worn out and fat I was. I was 211 pounds and tired and just worn out. I couldn't wear anything but housewife sweatpants. I knew I had to start taking care of myself, if I was going to take care of my children.

*What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Binge eating/snacking

*What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
*Stop occasional binge eating/snacking
*To drink more water
*To try to push my dance experience and ability to a higher level

*(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Every female on my husband's side of the family.

*What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Shorts! (legs are my problem area)
Old 03-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  
Shake Your Booty!

Screen Name:ChrissyL

Age/Age Range: 39 - will be 40 on 11/13/05

Family Life: married 3 children 2 girls, Cara 13 (14 in 2 months!) and Victoria 2, a son Anthony 9

Occupation: SAHM, web design ...my husband and I own our own WebDesign Company so I help him with that.

Hobbies and Interests: My husband and children are my main interest Pixel Art, Web Design, Cooking & Baking

Favorite Music:I like all sorts of music, Rock (Motely Crue!!) Some Country, Dance, hiphop (good music to sweat too while your doing housework dance dance dance away! Makes cleaning fun!) Alternative

Favorite Color(s): Burgandy & Forest Green, Mauve

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I LOVE to work out to Richard Simmons! and I love to dance around the house with the kids, its great exercise!

What are your fitness/health goals? My fitness goals are to get in better shape, I want to be around when Tori becomes a grandmother(Of course when all my children become grandparents but since she is the youngest I want to make it till shes one) I want to be in good health and in good shape

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Noticing I have to *lift* my leg up to put on socks and shoes, I just can't pick it up on its own anymore, plus I get out of breath going up the stairs, thats not good...My husband is tall and thin so we look like a #10 when we walk together, I don't want that, I dont want people to see us and think what is such a good looking skinny guy doing with a fat chick like that....makes me sad (Although my husband likes a little more meat on the bones, he doesn't like real thin)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise...wanting to snack on a cookie or a piece of cake

1. I need to exercise more
2. I need to learn how to cook differently
3. I need to do more ab work

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Any of the women my husband looks at!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A nice form fitting shirt and a pair of zip up jeans, instead of wearing a shirt big enough to cover the fat and no more stretch jeans.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: rebelridergirl

Age/Age Range:28

Family Life: married will be 1 year June 5th, no children from either of us

Hobbies and Interests: riding motorcycles, being with my family, being outdoors, boating, swimming, dancing at clubs , music, and just having fun!

Favorite Music: I like lots of different types...Slipknot, Disturbed, Saliva, Avril, rock and roll, some blues, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Nirvana, System of a Down, Drowning Pool...just about everything my husband hates!

Favorite Color(s): purple, silver, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, swimming, walking, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? To be comfortable in my body. I am tired of feeling that my weight always hinders or holds me back on things that I really want to do. I would like to find a weight ( maybe 140-160) that I can maintain and enjoy being me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I think what really did it for me was cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago. I found my "skinny" clothes and I realized that even though they aren't small to most people, I cant fit in them at all. They are size 14/16. It made me aware of how much I have truly gained, but also showed me that those clothes were loose at one time. I put my mind to it then and did it, so there is no reason that I can't do it now. Plus, I also did some soul searching and realized what I did wrong last time and why I regained weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Obssession over food and calories and binge eating.

1) Drink minimum of 64 oz of water.
2) Work towards doing more weight training and toning.
3) Control binge eating and curb obsession with calories.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My husband's ex-wife. Although...I don't find her too terribly attractive.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? hotpants...just kidding! Sexy jeans and a cute top that doesnt cover my belly.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I need a bit of motivation this week!

Screen Name: Forever42

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Living with fiance and an annoying furry feline child. Planning on staying human child-free.

Hobbies and Interests: surfing the Internet, reading cookbooks, cooking, going to Disney oh, and food. I love food. Did I mention food?

Favorite Music: Adult contemporary Country, oldies, whatever's playing on the "mix" station, usually.

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical (without arms), strength training, swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To be happy in my body, mostly. I want to weigh what I weighed in high school, which isn't unreasonable for me - I want to weigh 135, which is 45 more lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

This time around, it was that my "fat" jeans were too tight, and I was not going to waste money on "fatter" jeans. I was also starting to get embarrassed to go out in public. I had lost 40 lbs in the past but ended up gaining all but two back.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise, definitely.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more fruit, more cardio, more strength training

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : A friend of mine who, when she diets, ends up eating a net 400 cals a day and drops the weight quickly, but gains it all back.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini! And a sundress!

Last edited by Forever42; 03-08-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #6  

Screen Name: Lilybutt

Age/Age Range: turned 43 in January

Family Life: Single, dating, and two kittie girls at home

Hobbies and Interests: Reading novels and magazines, going out with friends, reality TV, napping

Favorite Music: Listen to country, like Toby Keith

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: UGH.....none of them are my favorites!!!! But i switch it up alot....right now I am walking 2 1/2 miles......then I switch stationary bike, sometimes I swim laps or do wieght training....all depends on my mood!

What are your fitness/health goals? Not to get so winded! I would like to try to keep my blood pressure down and just feel better abobut myself!

Well THIS time, it was ending a relationship in which I had kind of let myself go......I felt I needed to get control of my life back and that included my weight.

Binge eating and sometimes driking alcohol....I know, but I like to socialize with friends and that includes a few drinks on the weekend. Empty calories, I know!

More water
Less diet pop
the occassional binges

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?:

Hmmmmm...long past caring to look better than anyone, but want to look good so that my evil ex will be sorry he dumped me!

Some of my clothes that no longer fit....
I have an awesome pair of capri pants that are lime green gingham....love them!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Screen Name: VermontMom, real name Holly

Age/Age Range: oh, over 40 (44)

Family Life: Married, to same guy, for 25 years. Two sons, 22 and 14. One huge furry Alaskan shepherd

Hobbies and Interests: MOTORCYCLES, working out, mostly baking but some cooking, reading, gardening, motorcycles

Favorite Music: I am hopelessly stuck in the music of late '70's and 80's, lol, but I also like the girl groups of the '50's, early Elvis.

Favorite Color(s): Black studded leather (sorry! ) Black and dark deep colors, greens/burgundies.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything by Gilad. I like weight training, I love muscles, I think a muscled woman is so sexy, strong.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be a compact size 6, around 140, with definite muscle tone. I want people to be able to tell I work out. I would like enough bodyfat eliminated so I can actually see what non-fat legs and ankles look like. I do not want to see any rippling on the back of my thighs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Nothing in particular; just felt time marching on and I was unhappy, tired all the time, sick of myself, jealous of nice-looking women.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping my eating under control. I got to a comfortable size 6, weight 142, but have allowed some pounds to come back, due to lax attention to portion control and being accountable.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? again, going back to realizing I FOREVER have to be vigilant; staying AWAY from white sugar/flour/cakey sweets; drinking my 64 ounces of water daily.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone significantly younger than me

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Is this limited to only one??? Leather chaps, with just sexy panties...at a motorcycle rally and a short denim skirt with heels.

thanks, aphil!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-08-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:16 PM   #8  

Default Introduce yourself

Screen Name: Chubella

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: single, off at college

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, reading, dance parties, dress-up, giving makeovers.. I pretty much havent matured past 15 yet. I just realized this right now.

Favorite Music: Dave Matthews Band, Counting Crows, Andrea Bocceli, Patsy Cline, Bruce

Favorite Color(s): red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything with the arms, and i love kickboxing and soccer and things that you don't realize that you are actually working out doing

What are your fitness/health goals? to get into shape, meaning being able to play soccer with all my cousins or friends or whoever and not feel like im going to die after 5 mins. and to stop having my life revolve around food and stop worrying about what I look like every second of the day.

After seeing a picture of me and all my friends after graduation and realizing that I was the biggest person in the picture, especially because two years before that I was the skinniest.

Actually following through with my elaborate diet and exercise plans I make for my self. I will plan out everything I will eat and exercises I will do for a month and by day 3 totally lose interest or forget about it and then a week later I will remember and get upset.

1 Binge eating, or having the feeling that the minute I'm alone I have the freedom to eat anything and everything I want because no one will be watching me eat it.
2 Exercising regularly and not just once a week
3 Try to eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of eating hardly anything until dinner, where of course I will stuff myself to make up for it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my mom, no offense mom its just that I have to be smaller than you...because its embarassing

a pair of long dark blue low riding jeans with flowy peasent/hippie speghetti shirt... sigh.. that would be awesome. i would want to show off my skinny neck and sculpted arms and pretty collar bones.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:50 AM   #9  
Movin' right along...

Screen Name: Chubby vixen
Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: Family is back in the States, I'm in the Middle East with my husband, Nic. We have 2 dogs, a mastiff/great dane named Tonka and a jack russel named Bomber. A cat named Gambino. We have a cat here named Lucy. The others are with our parents in the States.

Hobbies and Interests: the beach, motorcycles(my husbands in paticular), shopping, traveling, meeting new people, learning about other cultures, volleyball, my husband.
Favorite Music: Rock(Alice in Chains is my favorite), Top 40, Country, Some rap, old rock...

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: My new Denise Austin dvd and my exercise ball

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to my goal weight and maintain it with a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I know y'all probably dont want to hear this but when I have sex with my husband, I feel so fat and Im so worried about what I look like. I want to feel sexy again. I want to not have to worry about the light being on.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am bipolar and when I get to a depression phase, I crash and burn on my healthy living.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? The amount that I exercise is very minimal. I want to exercise alot more. I feel great when I do.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My husbands ex wife. Shes not pretty in the face but weighed less then my big toe. I live in the MIddle East and there are alot of Asian women here. They are sooo tiny. They're on my list as well.

A mini skirt with boots and a cute top. Oh and my bikini from last year.

Love,
Deanne

Last edited by chubbyvixen; 03-09-2005 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #10  
Movin' right along...

Aphil...tell me about the MIddle Eastern stuff you're into. We can compare notes!

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 AM   #11  

Default good morning all!!!

Screen Name:
lyds39 (real name Lydia)
Age/Age Range:
turning 30 in 2 weeks!
Family Life:
A very large family but not very close and a fantastic fiance
Telephonist and Receptionist, poet and writer(still have not made any money but all good things happen to those who wait?) and AVON lady!!!
Hobbies and Interests:
I love reading, writing and music, once was a classical singer years and years ago but still have a fantastic appreciation for music!!! I enjoy anything to do with performance arts and alternative healing methods, I have done Indian Head Massage and Magnet Therapy... Oh yes and making chocolate truffles and sweet things!!! OH and most importantly - learning something new everyday no matter how insignificant it might seem to others.
Favorite Music:
I have a very ecclectic taste in music but pretty everything goes exept Doef doef music
Favorite Color(s):
Purple and pinks, well any colour really except gold
Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
none, but have started to see the benefits of Callanetics and am loving it but also realize that I will have to do it till my dying day!!! I do enjoy stolls and long walks, but no hiking, admittedly I have never learnt how to ride a bike and that seems like great fun I just know that the day I learn not only will I fall off countless times but I will probably break a leg or two!!!
What are your fitness/health goals?
To be fit and healthy, lower my cholesterol and to look good in all my clothes that don't fit me!!!!
I had a fun day out with one of my mates to a photo session and when I looked at the photo's they had taken of me i was embarrassed - I never looked so big in my life before - I did not even look like a woman I looked like a 50 year old drag queen ( not my ideal look at nearly 30)
I think the idea that there is no quick fix that I have to do this for the rest of my life, I want to start having babies in the next couple of years and do not want to be unfit and unhealthy for when they grow up - i want to be able to run around with them in the park and play with them without getting tired. Also knowing that I should have done this years ago - i know that things catch up to us very quickly and I feel guilty for having 'giving up' so soon in my early 20's. Another struggle for me is motivation, it just takes one thing to get me off the track so I need tons of that and nagging to make me keep an eye on what I eat and that I exercise everyday!!!!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Nigella lawson!!!!!!!!!Who else she has the most beautiful figure, curvy and feminine WOW
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size
My current goal is to be able to wear my skinny jeans for my 30th birthday party and not feel that I am not allowed to breath the whole night. Ideally I would like to drop down a couple of dress sizes, I know it sounds alot but I am currently a 18/20 (was 22/24 in November) and want to be 12/14!!!!!!!!!! Lots of hard work ahead!!!

Last edited by lyds39; 03-09-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/137/130

Screen Name: Dritter79

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: I love my mom, but live far away from her.

Occupation: Was a special education teacher, now a housewife looking for a job!

Hobbies and Interests: I love teaching myself sign language and knitting

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Light blue-North Carolina Tar Heels

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and my step video workout

What are your fitness/health goals? To maintain a healthy weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I didn't fit into my teaching clothes

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? When I get bored, I tend to overeat for no reason.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My eating habits and my running endurance.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Jennifer Aniston

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my tan hip hugger pants and of course a bikini.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #13  

Screen Name:srose

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life:I am not married. I am very close with my parents and my 2 older sisters.

Hobbies and Interests:I love to read, walk, shop, and be with my friends and family (especially my 2 nephews).

Favorite Music:I listen to all kinds of music rock, christian, bluegrass. I am into christian worship music right now.

Favorite Color(s):anything pastel

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone

What are your fitness/health goals?I want to feel comfortable being me. I don't know what weight/size that will be, but I am not comfortable right now. I want to be healthy, in all areas in my life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got on the scale and literally thought I was going to die, because I've never been this heavy before.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Portion control!!!!!!!! I've been on every diet known to man, but it all boils down to portion control for me. That is why the calorie counting is vital for me.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control and getting in exercise, some form, each day.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :Basically, I just want to look better than I have in the past few years. I'm not out to get noticed more so than anyone else, I just want to be able to get into my skinny clothes, and be forced to buy new ones.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to walk into a store and not have to go to the plus size clothes. I also want to buy something that clings to my figure, and not have to worry about the rolls of fat showing through.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:45 PM   #14  
Bread is my Enemy.

Screen Name: Brooklyn Chick!

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Single (but so married in my heart to my boyfriend of 7 years)

Occupation: Client Retention Specialist (Sports Management Grad Student)

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Thinking I can dance like Janet...

Favorite Music: Reggae, Hip Hop, RnB and pretty much everthing else

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Elliptical (with arms), jump rope

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to 140 (My healthy range)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got a new gym membership for my birthday and this summer I want look good, I wore way too many jeans last year.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Walking past the McDonalds Smell & Missing Jumbo burgers.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat more veggies, find healthier snacks and improve my strength training.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Some girl named Beyonce, Ever heard of her? no? lol Nah but we have the exact same body shape (hips and everything) and her body is to die for.

*singing* she wore an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini....
Old 03-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #15  
newchick

Default Introducing...

[FONT=Verdana]Screen Name:newchick

Age/Age Range:38

Family Life:husband, daughter(12), 2 cats

Hobbies and Interests:reading, decorating my new house, swimming, movies, cooking, losing weight

Favorite Music:any except violent or overtly sexual or lyrics that put others down

Favorite Color(s): pink, red, white, light turquios?, yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:swimming, stepping, Kathy Smith

What are your fitness/health goals? to be pain free, under 200 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? constant pain, being over 300lbs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? wanting to eat more

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? sweets, daily exercise, motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? my sister-in-laws

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? all my clothes that don't fit now, pantyhose and dresses
Closed Thread