Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #1  

Default Tae Bo vs The Firm

Of the two, which one do you think is a better workout?
Veronica133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

It's been awhile since I've done either, but the Firm produced great results for me. I know the programs have evolved over the years so I could be wrong, but it almost seems like you're comparing apples to oranges. I was not a fan of Billy Blank's style but if you like it, I think it is good cardio. The Firm that I liked was more of a strength training program. When I did that consistently I got a lot of comments about how I looked like I lost weight, so I think it's great for creating that lean look.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/153/145

Height: 5'7"

I love my Tae Bo videos. It’s good cardio. After doing it the first few times I could feel my core melting away. You have to be careful though, it’s easy to injure yourself while you are learning the moves. I have only done the Firm a couple of times. I never could get into it, a little too boring for me. But most of the people that I’ve talked to that has done the Firm really like it.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #4  

bobo, what do you mean by it's easy to hurt yourself?

Also, which Tae bo did you use? I'm currently use the Classic Tae Bo Advanced.
Veronica133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/153/145

Height: 5'7"

I have several of the videos. My favorite one is Ultimate Tae Bo. I also have most of the AMPED series which use the 3lb weight bar. It's easy to hurt yourself if you don't learn the proper techniques. He starts off slow on each move and then you increase your speed to keep your heart rate up. I have strained my knee and pulled a muscle in my oblique from the fast movement. Once I learned the moves though I haven't injured myself. Tae Bo was my stepping stone to the Jillian Michaels videos, which is my stepping stone to Insanity which I will start at the beginning of the year.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #6  
sci

Definitely tae bo!
sci is offline   Reply With Quote