View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
rockinrobin
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I like the idea of yogurt cups. They make some cute little serving sizes these days. I bet they'd really get eaten. If you want to get fancier, you could bring along some toppings - various berries and diced fruits, chopped nuts, low fat/low sugar granola. You could put the yogurt in a big bowl that's been filled with ice. It would stay for hours and hours.

Another idea - you could bring individual instant various flavored oatmeal packages, assuming hot water is available.

I know you'll get through this just fine. I do lots of self talk prior to events like these. I tell myself over and over again, I'm going to do this, I'm going to stay on plan, I don't need that stuff - not now, not when I'm on SUCH a roll and have things that matter to me more. I then make a game of it. I challenge myself to conquer something new - to get past yet another difficult situation. I remind myself how WONDERFUL I will feel when the event is over and done with and I've gotten through it. This self talk, this little game, making it a challenge - REALLY helps me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote