View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
time2lose
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Help! Need food suggestions for work

I am starting to feel the stress of getting ready for Christmas and got an additional ball thrown at me. At work we normally go to a restaurant for a holiday lunch gathering and we can just order whatever we want. Nothing had been said about it so I just assumed we were skipping it this year. Today we got an email telling us that instead of the lunch, we are having "Breakfast and Sweets" on Thursday. Everyone should bring either a breakfast dish or a sweet. The goal basically is to eat all day. To make things worse, this is being set up right outside of my office.

I am thrown for a couple of reasons:

1 - obviously the food and temptation
2- time! I have plans for Tues and Weds nights so I don't have time to cook

I tried to sign up for fruit but was told that someone else was bringing fruit but if I had to, I could. I want to be a team player but this is frustrating me. I actually considered taking annual leave but I don't have extra days. I am going blank on something to take that will give me something good to eat and that I have time to make or buy.

Any suggestions on what to take??

Persistence is more important than Perfection

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote