Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends and Losers Dec 14-20

One page last week? Wow. I remember the good ole days when we would have 10 or 15 pages. I guess that's what happens when a company goes belly up!

We had a nice weekend - did most of our shopping on Saturday, then off to a party at night. I was so involved in conversations that I didn't eat a thing! On the way home, DH and my BFF's were talking about how good the food was - and I realized I had none of it! Small NSV.

I am looking forward to updating my ticker tomorrow AM.

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-14-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

yeah kim, i remember when we were so chatty that it was pages and pages and that's why we turned it into a weekly thread. ha! oh well, we still have a great group of supportive people on here. and hopefully some people will return someday soon.

anyways, not much going on for me..just the usual. DH will be home on saturday (as long as there are no wrenches thrown or delays) and unfortunately my family decided that this weekend would be a great time to do our family xmas..so DH will be bombarded with family and have no down time to just relax..i'm a bit upset by this, but not letting it ruin his homecoming.

the scale seems to be going down, down, down..i don't plan on eating much of anything bad this holiday..making some WW fudge, but that's it.

that's it for me. hope everyone has a good week.

and ps..awesome NSV kim!!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Way to go on the NSV Kim! And congrats on the scale going down Jillian!

I didn't have a great weekend foodwise but wasn't the worst either. ANd now it's back to work Monday to start the week from **** trying to get so much down before holidays....then to top it off I find out yesterday FH and his sister are heading to Florida for 6 days to see their Dad! i am sooo jealous..I need to get out of this cold! They are only going cause they are worried something is wrong with him so that has me worried too...and I have never even met FH's father yet..(he was sort of a deadbeat Dad so FH has mixed feelings about a relationship with his Dad). Anyway, so I shouldn't be jealous or annoyed that FH is leaving me but I can't help it...we haven't had any quality time together lately...ah well...New Year is coming and New priorities right?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Amy

Hey guys! Usual around here, getting cold! My mom's been in town for 2+ weeks now which has thrown a wrench in things. I am just not strong enough to say no sometimes, so I won't blame it on her.

I love my mom but really can't wait to get my house back! I see why house guests can shake up a marriage too!

Am really depressed as always about my weight. Decided this weekend that I am no longer making dinner for DH. For a few reasons... He puts salt, garlic powder, sour cream and ketchup over everything I make. I find this highly insulting! Plus, the temptation is too high to eat what he eats, mac and cheese, etc.

He also is constantly sabotaging me. He thinks that if I lose weight I'll leave him. So no more- I am looking put for myself and doing my own cooking!

Also decided each night I go home from work to do yoga to destress. 20 minute workout will do my wonders. Also walking on my lunch.

So, day by day-right??
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Day by day is right Amy!

I also told my FH that I couldn't cook for him anymore. He hates my "diet food" so I said well you can eat what I eat or make it yourself and you can get the groceries yourself too if you don't like what I buy. He actually told me I should have told him all that earlier. He says he supports me and actually he wants to try and lose some weight in the New Year so hopefully he sticks to it and continues to help!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #6  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi Ladies

Our group has been quiet lately...but I would like to state optimistically that it must be the stress of holiday shopping and planning. Not to forget arranging parties!!!
If you look at the no. of thread visits, you can guess lots of people stop by to read but do not comment.Still it will be nice if people take some time off to say hello...otherwise what is the point in writing if you feel no one is reading
Also it would be nice if new people introduce themselves...this thread is open to all!

Kim- I think that is no small feat!!!Controlling temptations at parties has always been my biggest challenge!!!

Jillian- Congrats and have fun with ur DH

Amy - You did the right thing girl!Once your DH has to make his own dinner I am sure he will realize weekly menu planning and cooking is a job on its own

Kristin- Let your FH start by making small changes. That is what I did with my DH. It is often hard for men who are fussy-eaters to go on diet. I started by using non-fat spray to cook food, then adding some lite margarine or olive oil to my DH's meal....making my own whole-wheat bread crumbs to bread chicken,fish etc...using sweet potato to substitute for potato in recipes or using extra lean beef instead of lean beef...etc
Now he eats same food as me

I had a party Saturday and it was Xmas dinner...roast beef, turkey,chicken,cranberry sauce,stuffing, baked potatos....salads...and yummy desserts...the whole thing. I restricted the starch...and just had 1 scoop of the cheese-cake and fudge-brownie each. Had 1/2 glass of wine....and spent the night dancing ...so overall I am happy.

I am just 1lb short of my Christmas challenge goal of 10lbs...I hope I'll make it.

Have a good week ladies!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone!

Kim- Wow, your ticker is looking good!

Jillian- You are so close to your end of year goal, you rock! I hope Pete makes it home with no drama!

Kristin- I would be jealous too. Hopefully after he gets home you two will have a chance to have more time together.

Amy- I can see why you would be offended. I hate it when my DH wanders into the kitchen and "re-seasons" things that I am cooking. Rude, rude, rude!

MJ- Wow, your party sounds like a lot of fun!

I went on a girls weekend with my sisters and cousins this weekend. It was really fun. We drove to Boise to shop, eat out, and play. I am really starting to worry about my job. I have only got 4 daycare kids right now, and none of their parents jobs are very secure. I am thinking about a few different options right now. Also, I failed my yearly health inspection because my well is contaminated with something. I have to bleach it this week and have it retested. If I cannot take care of the well problem, I will be done with daycare. I have no idea what to think. Maybe it is time to do something else...
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, Your FH needs to eat healthy too. Tell him you just want to keep him with you for as many years as possible. Even if my DH is really super supportive of eating healthy, he can't seem to stop putting mayonaise on anything too low fat. Actually this is a good compromise for us, and I've gotten over it, even if he is totally missing the low fat goodness of a stir fry if he smothers it in mayo. The man has been known to put mayo on steak too though. Easier to let them put the mayo on the low fat food and have everyone happy than to have to clean up the kitchen after two meals have been cooked. Plus that way they will eat some veggies. If left to his own devices I don't think my DH would consume a single fruit or veggie item outside of a glass of wine in a typical day.

Katie, Sometime fate just sends you off on a new and interesting direction. I don't know if this is one of those times or not, but change is good...

Kim, How great that you were there at the party, with the food, and didn't notice that you didn't eat it until you left. At least it was not a contest of wills to keep yourself from eating it.

My DH and I have been working out more lately, and watching what we eat more carefully, which is the key to my not overeating on the weekends. I think that one of the factors of my overeating on the weekends and vacations is that is when I spend a lot of time with Mr Mayo. So when he is really on a let's slim down kick (he gained ... gasp... 4 pounds... poor baby is horrorifed! I wish I could get that upset about 4 pounds, since then it would never morph into 40). He is down a pound or two already, so this fitness and eating light jag may not last for long, but it is extra helpful for me when he is pushing me a bit to get up and work out extra.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Mayo on stir fry? Ewwww! I have always had a yuk relationship with mayo. I pretty much wave the knife over my sandwich and then scrape all of the excess off - so mayo on stir fry or steak.... <<gag>> bad reaction from me!

MJ - flaunting your hotness there, chickie! Great photo.

Katie - I hope that everything works out for you - I know that you have some terrific ideas, so maybe your next career (should it work out that way) will be awesome!

OK - heading over to the sclae to face the music. Be back soon.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. got more pilates in yesterday and a great cardio workout in this morning. i stepped on the scale again and it's gone down again. not sure what the deal is with that, but i'll take it. i'm getting all my food in, been drinking lots of water and having iced green tea instead of coffee for caffeine. and have cut out pretty much ALL junk. so maybe that's what's helping me..not sure, but it's nice for a change.
hope everyone has a good day.

and i'm with you Kim..mayo on stirfry..icky!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #11  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi all!

Katie- It is hard to find a single person who never had some form or setback in his/her life. You know what hon...couple of months from now you are going to look back and laugh at this moment thinking you worried for no reason .....new year...new beginnings...change is good!

Honestly, I am worried about new year too...my 2 yr scholarship is coming to an end in Jan and I am job-hunting. Unfortunately, I am not done with my research so I can't really go full time.Trying to push my work out as much as possible.Sometimes when I think about it...i get worried and holidays seem like gloomy times ahead...but then i pull myself together and think of that near future when I'll look back and laugh at this moment too!

Kim - Thanx sweetie . It is my way of rewarding myself. If I lose few lbs...I reward myself with a better pic of me.I was almost 40 lbs heavier than now Summer'08...and when you are just 5'2" ...40 lbs make a huge difference. Since then...I have been motivating myself witha better pic...lol

later...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #12  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

MJ- You look fantastic wow! I haven't been on here alot lately because I have so much going on in my life. Congratulations on all your weightloss and your first goal being completed.
My husband and my two kids and myself leave for our vacation home in Huatulco on December 31rst for a vacation. I am a little nervous to see our finished place. We have done everything thru email so I hope our home looks okay or the pressure will be on! I added the photo so you can see our place in Mexico.
Let me know if you ever want to rent it. Hopefully I can have it ready to rent out before I leave there.
It seems like everyone is leaving this site, there isn't as much chatting as there used to be. I promise I will try to be a bit more faithful.
My parents are flying in from Palm Springs tonight. I am sure they will be shocked coming to a -28 temperature.
Well I gotta get back to work but I will check in soon,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies! I'mmmmm Baaaaaack! Yes-I've said that before-I really mean it this time!

I just started a new program-been the first time in a LONG time that I've been at all motivated about losing this weight again. I'm not doing LA-but would rather use you all as support than find another group. I'm doing the Every Other Day Diet-and there isn't a forum for it anyway.

Small group these days, huh?

So-I did exercise this morning and will a little more tonite (that's the plan, Stan) and will hopefully not feel to deprived on this diet. I really want this to work.

Something had to give though-I'm entering "fat lady at the circus" territory.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JM, Good to see you back! How is your little girl? She looks like a little angel in her picture. Sounds like you are ready to make healthier choices.

Joan, that place looks pretty neat in the pictures. I hope it meets your expectations. It sounds like you need a vacation anyway. I hope life brings you less stress in the new year.

MJ, What are you studying or researching? How long until you are finished?

I was feeling sickly yesterday, but today is a bit better. I worked from home for a short time yesterday but just slept otherwise. It is great when your kids are out of the house, if you need to just sleep, you can.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #15  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hi Barbara!

Josie's doing great-thanks for asking . . .She's 3 1/2 and both a joy and a terror! When she's good she's wonderful, when she's bad, well, let's just say i've had the number for Supernanny half-way dialed! She's very strong-willed and I just have to stay the course or she'll walk all over me.

What have you been up to?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote