Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #1  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Talking Women of Color #2

hey ladies!

welcome to all the newbies who are giving this thread new life and how ya been, good to see ya to all of us who are returning! including me!
im sure more of us will resurface around january. since its time for those lovely resolutions

for all the newbies this is a wonderful thread of support and special understanding. we all have struggles and this is the best place we all can be. no doubt.

im seeing a doctor to assist me with weight loss and my awful metabolism. i am using my flexible spending account to pay for it. since i am medically obese it is covered. i checked my plan and was pleasantly surprised!

soo i have lost 5 pounds this week with constant exercise and eating well. hopefully i can get close to onederland by 2010. but i wont be worried if i dont because my biggest measure will be inches lost.

cake - u should wait till after you have kids and give your skin time to adjust esp since u dont want to risk having two surgeries because kids do a number on the tummy and the skin. definitely check out that part of this website and see what others can offer you in helping to increase your skins elasticity and the time table. if you want to wait to have children then talk to your fiancee' in the end its YOUR body. u want to do what is best for you and the relationship.
i know this is one of your big issues but i think if u do some research on it and think about it u will make the right decision and hey be PROUD of your body its strong and beautiful and a reflection of your hardwork. you are young u have time to "fix" it if u decide but im sure its fine.

to everyone else hello and i look forward to giving and getting support.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a hot minute, but I'm glad to see that the group has grown and we're even on thread 2!

I'm still doing ok on my weight loss, but I definitely need to step it up. I started the Shred again yesterday. I've been on Sparkpeople a lot more lately, so let me know if anyone else is a member. I look forward to getting to know the new ladies... and shouts out to my old homies Cake and Brie!!!

Let's keep the party goin!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  
On A Mission!

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'8

Wink

Good Day Ladies!

Although this is my first post... I feel as if I already know you all very well!

I have spent the last few days reading all the post in WOC (while sick in bed got a cold) debating if I was going to join. Well since y'all relate to me better than any other person in my life currently, I'm HERE! Yay

I am 36, married, 3 children of my own 18, 12 & 9 and 3 by marriage 19, 17 & 13. I currently work for a start up Adult Day Center. I have been a big girl all my life. I have struggled with my weight for many years idk maybe 15 years.

My story is not much different than many of yours and that is what made me post today.

I been on and off working out eating right for about 7 years. This last year has been my biggest back slide. In October 2008 I paid a lot of money (too much) for a firmfit program at a local gym. I loved it.. it gave me confidence and the support I needed to move forward in my life (at the time my life was falling apart rocky marriage we separated but I had a good job). On Dec 27, 2008 someone decided to throw 3 cocktails through my window and set my home ablaze while my father and I were home. We both made it out safely and THANK GOD! my children were not home. It was 3days after my 48 day firmfit program ended.

It caused me to move back home with my husband and life became more and more difficult. Nevertheless I went back into a slump and been there ever since. I know not a good excuse but it is what it is.

I moved back into my fathers home 9 months later (it was truly an ordeal with the construction) our home is beautiful and I have all new things Yay! yet I am again not happy with me. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I have family with a piss poor health history with diabetes, cancer, hypertension and stroke on both sides. ONLY by the grace of God do I not have any health Issues (YET!) I'm just fat and lazy at this point. I am a social person and I need a partner or a trainer to help me. My husband is the skinny muscle bound stud and was a marathon runner and trainer and biker prior to his bout with some injuries. So you can imagine what I'm getting from his side (blah, blah, blah) contrary to what he thinks it doesn't help me.... ANYWHO!

I am glad you all are here and I am looking forward to starting with a workout and eating program (on my own this time) with the type of support you all share here.

Sorry for my monologue

I wait to get it Crackin!
Kamierue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #4  
On A Mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a hot minute, but I'm glad to see that the group has grown and we're even on thread 2!

I'm still doing ok on my weight loss, but I definitely need to step it up. I started the Shred again yesterday. I've been on Sparkpeople a lot more lately, so let me know if anyone else is a member. I look forward to getting to know the new ladies... and shouts out to my old homies Cake and Brie!!!

Let's keep the party goin!
Im on Sparkpeople too!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Kamierue- welcome aboard and good luck on your journey, this is a great start!

Beaka- Nice to see you and Im proud that youve been making progress!!!!!! Thats great keep it up.

Bri- Welcome back and it sounds like you are on the right track as well. Congrats on the five lbs loss!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #6  

Kamierue- Add me! I'm LeslieMartina on Sparkpeople! And I'm glad you've been able to pick right up and keep pressing on with all of the things that have happened. I'm sure I'll be seeing the weight falling off of ya soon!

Matilda- Thanks! I hope things are going well your way!

And I saw a lot of people who joined the thread are in the DMV. We might have to have a little meetup one evening!

I'm about to go do the Shred. Hope everyone had a happy, healthy day!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #7  
I luv my curves

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Beaka- Im loving your profile pic you look pretty and you can see the difference.

Im doing ok im pretty much op will be going to the gym this evening and Im doing pretty ok with planning my meals. Have a fab day ladies!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #8  
I luv my curves

Beaka- how is 30d shred? what have your results been like?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #9  
last time

hey gals!

just checking in.

im in orlando, florida for training and i am sooo tired and bored kind of. its valuable information but im just not focused today. i gotta try to go to bed early.

i am still eating healthy and watching my snacks and i have a buddy that is going to the gym with me tonight after training and he promised to keep me going as well. the biggest issue is having to eat out for 8 days! it is hard to resist temptation when everyone else is eating tasty food.

anyway ladies i hope everyone is on plan and doing well.

kamierue! you have a story girl and i see you are in the right place
Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #10  
last time

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
Beaka- how is 30d shred? what have your results been like?
30 DS is awesome and i lost like 5-6 inches my first week! its challenging and the levels are great. you move up and see your body change more and more!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #11  

Matilda- Thanks so much!!! Brie's right. I definitely saw a big difference into week 2 of doing the shred. You lose of your waist, and I had more thigh muscle definition. I could definitely feel the difference in my arms too. I've only done 2 days so far, but I'm trying to stick with it this time. I'm skipping tonight though, because I have pole dance class- and it is quite a workout. I love it though! I signed up for a 6 week Monday night class. I think I'll take more of their classes when it's over.

I've eaten ok today. I need to get in some more water though. Overall it's been a good day.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #12  
I luv my curves

Ive been eating pretty well for the most part I just got back from the gym and I am tired lol. Im happy with my progress I was suppose to weigh in this morning but I dont like to weigh in once Ive eaten. So I'll try to see where I am tomorrow. I would hope that by next week I see some sort of progress.

Have a nice evening ladies!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #13  
On A Mission!

Thank You Ladies, I've been up and attem today. I went shopping and bought almost every veggie in the store and a few fruits.

I think I'm going to do the Fat Smash (I'm mad a friend gave me that brothers book months ago I did not read it and now i cannot find it. now i have to go buy it)

I see ya ll talking about the 30 day shred... Whats that about?

Please let me know cause I need as much move it, move it as I could possibly get!

Beaka, you do look good and you can really tell! I added you on sparkspeople I been on there a long time and never used it.

Matilda, Thanks good luck on your weigh in!

Brie, Thanks girl!!

Again Thanks Ladies glad to be here!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 286/230/170

Height: 5'5

hey! im new here
im an 18 year old chick looking to loose some weight..i've already lost 50 and i have about 50-60 to go!

also how do you ladies get the S/C/G things and yoru height under your avatars:?

Last edited by FatGirl; 12-14-2009 at 11:58 PM.
FatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #15  
I luv my curves

Fatgirl-welcome! To add that you need to go to edit profile and settings then scroll down. You wont be able to add a signature until a certain amount of post but you can add that.