South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Candy Cane Lane tea

Okay, I'm addicted. I was hooked the minute I opened the box. This stuff smells just like candy canes. I make big mugs with just a little sweetener and they really take the edge off of my treat cravings. The funny thing is I never was a fan of candy canes but I love this tea.

Just had to share because anything that helps this time of year is good!

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Sounds amazing! I just looked it up and it's by Celestial Seasonings, so hopefully, I'll be able to find it! What kind of sweetener do you use?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea is delish too I add a Tbsp of heavy cream & a packet of splenda to mine.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 12-13-2009 at 01:08 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Ok so after reading your post, I ran out to the supermarket and they didn't have it!!! I was sooo disappointed! I won't give up though! I'll go to another place and see if I can find it or the sugar cookie sleigh ride tea! Wish me luck!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Good luck I have a box of truvia I hate but don't want to waste. I'm using half packets and it works great.

I'm also a fan of Sugar Plum Fairy. My Mom and DD love the Sugar Cookie but I have never warmed up to it. Maybe I'll try it again
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I haven't had the Candy Cane Lane tea yet, but I just bought a box of Candy Cane Green Tea at Trader Joe's, and it's fabulous. It probably tastes very similar to the Celestial Seasonings one.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Umm nummy, I'll see what I can find at the store. I do NOT recommend the Egg Noggin', which I picked up last year. Blech.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #8  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Good luck I have a box of truvia I hate but don't want to waste. I'm using half packets and it works great.

I'm also a fan of Sugar Plum Fairy. My Mom and DD love the Sugar Cookie but I have never warmed up to it. Maybe I'll try it again
Hi people, I know you don't know me, but just thought I'd make a friendly suggestion:If you really do hate Truvia, after you're done with the box, you might want to try SweetLeaf Sweetener stevia, which is what I use! (I don't use it in tea-not a big tea drinker...yet) I 've baked with it in chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and cranberry orange muffins and they turned out well!
Just a suggestion--do with it what you will-- SMILE!!
Merry Christmas!
yodasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have used both of these sweetners. Truvia has MSG so I switched to the Sweetleaf. I loved it. The problem? I had severe diarhea after I used it about three days. I stopped using it (well, most everything actually) because of my issue. I waited a few days and resumed using it. Within a couple of hours, I was back with the same issue--very unusual for me. I Googled it and discovered this indeed is common for many people.

The suggestion for using it is to begin using only small amounts at a time and slowly increasing. Just an FYI.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Thighs Thank you so much for that info. I'm tossing it when I get home. Basically I just hate the aftertaste of stevia. I keep trying different forms and different combos but just don't like it. I think I'll stick with erythrytol.

ETA - Thighs do you have a reliable source for that info? Now that I'm looking around it appears that it may be a rumor. The company denies it. I'm super sensitive to MSG so would like to get to the bottom of this. thanks!

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

ACK! Cyndi and Thighs, I think you're getting the wrong idea! Truvia (and most of the other new stevia sweeteners that are in the baking aisle) is made mostly with erythritol and only some stevia. While erythritol (and xylitol) is a sugar alcohol (though it is naturally occuring), and thus likly to cause gastric distress if consumed in large amounts, stevia isn't known to cause intestinal issues, as least I've never heard of it. If you're having digestive problems (i.e. gas, bloating, diarrhea, etc.) with Truvia, try using pure stevia extract. I'm a fan of NuStevia's products, especially the liquid vanilla-flavored one. I've never had any problems with stevia, but I have certainly experienced gastric upset with erythritol and xylitol if I eat too much.

As for tea, I'm a huge tea fan, as most of you know! But I really didn't like the Candy Cane Lane. I'm shocked that you can't find it, LuckyMommy! Where do you live? I'm in NY, and I see it everywhere--at the grocery stores, at Walgreens, at Target and Wal*Mart, etc. I've seen it everywhere in California, Wisconsin, and Washington state. Hope you can locate it!

I've tried the Sugar Cookie and been disappointed in its blandness, but I do like the Gingerbread Spice--I use it year round.

Has anyone tried the holiday teas from Gypsy Teas? I'm dying to try the apple caramel one!

Kim, your tea sounds delicious and decadent! I just wanted to mention, in case a newbie reads this thread, that heavy cream isn't recommended on P1 or 2 (and rarely in P3) on SBD. You could try the following for creamer in tea: evaporated skim milk, fat free half-n'-half, 1% or 2% milk, or even real half-n'-half (sparingly and rarely), but stay away from heavy cream. Of course, if it comes down to a battle between a piece of (insert decadent dessert here) vs. a cup of tea with a T of heavy cream and splenda, I'd go with the latter.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I looooooooooove Candy Cane Lane but had forgotten about it! I'll have to head to the health food store and pick some up!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Now I'm drooling over the apple caramel - not the tea because I don't have any, just the idea
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm loving Ginger Lemon Tea Makes me feel like I'm eating a cookie!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mmmm...KO, who makes that one?

Cyndi, I think you'd love Gypsy Tea, if you can get it. The people who make it ensure it's fair trade and they give money to women's organizations (at least they used to). Great stuff, and the flavors are out of this world! Here's the Caramel Apple.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote