Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 03:21 AM   #1  
Living Juicy

Talking Does Anyone Else Do Jazzercise?

I started Jazzercise about a month ago and have been going 2 times a week. Then I got up to 3 times and now I have started going 4 times. I cannot believe how much I love going now. It is so much fun and I sweat like a little piggy (do pigs really sweat? I don't know where that saying came from )
Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else does it and are they addicted to it like I am?

Now I just need to add a little more strength training and need to get my butt moving for 2 more days. I want to exercise at LEAST 6 days a week. I am just building myself up one week at a time...

Old 12-08-2002, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi DivineMsJunebug, I just wrote this note but I believe it got deleted. If not sorry for repeating myself.
I too go to Jazzercise. Can't say I love it, but maybe that is because I haven't gotten into the swing of it yet. My friend goes 5 times a week. I am just going twice, I would like to get up to 4 times. That will be my goal for this week. Wish me luck and I am glad you are enjoying it so much. Tahoemom
Old 12-10-2002, 09:15 AM   #3  

I went to Jazzercise years ago and loved it! They don't have it at my gym, though -- too bad! Is your class at a gym? If so, you might see if they have some sculpting classes, where you could get in some weight training -- they can be more motivating than just doing the weights by yourself. If you can afford it, I've heard from people who have used a personal trainer to get them going on weights.

Good for you, doing the Jazzercise so much! I think if you can get in weight training about 3x/week, you'll really feel even more of a difference!

Pen
265/217/150ish
Old 12-10-2002, 03:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

MzPen, My Jazzercise class is held at our city recreation center. I've made it twice this week and my goal is to go 4 times, so I'm 1/2 way there. We are actually using a lot of weights during class. But I have thought about having someone teach me how to use more weights. Take care and enjoy the gym.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:38 AM   #5  

A few sessions with a personal trainer might be good for you! Read up and ask some questions if you decide to do that ... for instance, you don't want to be roped into an expensive contract.

We have some independent trainers that work a lot with clients in my gym. As a member, I think I can get an hour with one of them for about $25 ... they also offer a deal where you can buddy up with someone, each of you pay half the fee.

I have not done this because I don't have any extra money, but I know people that have and they LOVE it.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:47 PM   #6  
Living Juicy

Talking Getting back my Groove again

I have been off my eating plan and exercise for a while because I was sick for a while but have finally gotten back to Jazzercise. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I actually HATE to exercise but this has really been something I enjoy. I think it has A LOT to do with the instructor I have. She is so energetic and so much fun. I find myself smiling through the WHOLE class.
It is really great. But it really kicks my BUTT when I don't go for a while, especially at my weight now.

I have decided for a little extra incentive to sign up for the Body for Life Challenge for next year. I know a lot of it is about selling all of their products to me, but I am just going to try to take what I want out of it and hopefully it will inspire me a LOT more. Part of it is weight lifting at least 3 times a week I think I am going to follow their regiment (just with the weight lifting) and see how that does. I REALLY need to work on my upper arms, there is a lot of skin hanging there and it is only going to get worse if I don't start working on these arms and everything else.

ANYWAY, I just need to MOVE AND GROOVE and get going.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:15 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Junebug - I used to go to Jazzercise myself! In fact went for five years...five days a week...it's a great program but for me, it got very difficult to get to my class after work so I ended up joining a gym.

I actually went to the JazzerJam (Jazzercise convention) - Las Vegas 1991. It was a total blast! I see on their website that the upcoming Jazzerjam will be in Vegas again (next year!) - take it from me, it's a TON of fun and well worth the trip (just make sure you bring spending money - there's lotsa good stuff for sale).

So you're doing the BFL challenge I see - why not come by the BFL/Bodybuilding board under Diet Plans and lurk/post? (oh and BTW, you don't have to buy a plethora of products - unless they changed the rules, EAS only requires that you purchase *one* EAS product during the Challenge...and don't buy from their site - WAY too pricey - check www.netrition.com or www.vitaglo.com instead - MUCH less expensive than EAS or GNC!)

Happy holidays!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,
They do not have Jazzercise in my city, but I do have a couple videos, and used have taken classes in another city when I was younger.
On the Jazzercise website they used to have a feature that would give you information of the nearest Jazzercise class to you. You may want to check that out.
MrsJim-I didn't know that they had a convention! I bet that WAS a blast!
Aphil
Old 01-20-2003, 12:37 PM   #9  

Smile love it

I have also recently joined Jazzercise. I have been building up to about 4 classes a week, and I love it too! I even went yesterday (Sunday) and Saturday -- which is unheard of for me. It makes me feel soo good and I think it's so much more fun than giong to the gym!

Do they announce your milestones at your classes? I love that! It really motivates me and I'm hoping to reach my 25th class by Valentine's Day! Is anyone else wanting to reach a certain class number milestone?

If so maybe we could have a little Jazzercise challenge thread!

Closed Thread