View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
JulieJ08

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskimothy View Post
The sad reality is that alot of us face obstacles every single day. Alot of us live in areas without cheap produce. Alot of us have bills to pay and can't afford to eat the way others can. Alot of us are time pinched. Sometimes it would be nice to hear "jeez, I had no idea. I feel pretty lucky that my situation is different" instead of "eat beans and lentils every day. I don't have this problem (and neither should you so you just aren't trying hard enough)."
Hmm, I fully agree that there are great challenges, and I *love* threads that address them helpfully. I just think it's strange to expect any other response than you got when posting an article that claims $36 a day is what it costs to eat healthily. Perhaps leaving out the hyperbole would get you the response you were looking for? I don't mean that with sarcasm - I genuinely think you'll get a better response.