Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default F&L- Dec 7-13

Hi everyone

Happy Monday!Hope everyone had a great weekend and the Xmas mood is all set...
We had a great xmas party yesterday...it was at a Bowling club so non-stop bowling for 2 1/2 hrs ....how many calories did that burn me?Any guesses????
I did snack on some fried chicken...buffalo wing...pork souvlaki stuff...but didn't really overdo it...had a few bacardi's though...and I have this nasty hangover...
Coffee and breakfast should help...so thatz what I am doing now...had some work to do at the lab but -30.c with a windchill of -40.C...+ hangover....soooooooooo not good. So i decided to spend the day in bed...

Cheers
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

MJ - sorry you are uh... feeling the pain, so to speak. Been there before! Lots of water and advil helps too.

Kristen - Love, love, love the dress! You look awesome in it!

Crazy weekend - I have a big final paper due tonight, so in the true spirit of procrastination, I decorated my tree, the house, and cleaned like a fiend all weekend, and sat down at 10:30PM last night to start writing! Moron = me.

I cannot wait for this class to be over. I am jonesing to get to the gym!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

PS - MJ - great picture!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys! I am now officially excited about a dress! Lol I was dreading dress shopping!!

So looks like the holiday parties, dinners, get togethers are all about to start...going to be challenging staying on course. I was supposed to go for cake today for someone's birthday but I lied and said I couldn't get away from work....I feel bad but at least I am avoiding the cake!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #5  
Yoga-addict

Thanks Kim- and good luck with the paper. I had to submit a paper last week Thursday for a conference...and i am glad im done with that. How many pages do you have to write?

Kristin- I am excited about your dress too!!!Did you guys get your rings yet?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #6  

MJ - No not yet...we have 5 months or so till the wedding though but we'll start looking in the New Year...my engagement ring is custom made and I have no idea what is going to go with it so I better start looking in case we need to do a custom made band.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, What a lovely dress, and the color is flattering for you. I just wear my anniversary ring these days, although I do still have the original ring and wear it occasionally... I talked my DH into upgrading to bigger diamonds on the anniversary ring at 20 years, since both my sisters had gotten second husbands and much nicer rings and I was jealous. So perhaps you can just find a wedding band that you like and wear either after you are married. My anniversary ring is platinum and my original wedding band/engagement ring (welded together a couple of decades ago now) are yellow gold, so depending on what else I'm wearing, I have a ring to match. I got the anniversary ring at Costco and it is great quality at a much lower price than you'd pay in at a jeweler. Although the romance of jewelry shopping at Costco is maybe best reserved for a couple of decades into a marriage... when costco is a hot date night.

I was so not POP this weekend. I've just got to do better... but let's go out to Mexican food sounded like such a good idea when my DH suggested it... but afterwards I felt so sick. I've got to get a better handle on weekends. They are not a vacation from healthy eating.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

LOL Barbara - you make me laugh. Romantic shopping at CostCo! Sounds like my life too! On our 10th anniversary I upgraded the side diamonds and setting on my engagement ring quite a bit, and I now don't wear my wedding band, because it doesn't look right. DH has mentioned that it bothers him a little, which I was suprised at, so I had the wedding band resized to fit on the other hand, which he's OK with. Odd man - I truly was suprised because he's usually not like that. Go figure.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Kristin I love the dress very very pretty and perfect for a spring/summer wedding. You should think about wearing your hair up if you get that dress it would be very flattering.

Kim- hope class is over soon at least your house is decorated that is something

MJ- I like your new picture and wow that is some cold weather

Barab - good luck staying on plan. mexican food makes me sick everytime i eat it i think it is the peppers not sure

Hope everyone is doing welll and looking forward to the holidays. I get an entire week off so I am excited about that. I am also taking tomorrow off and having a me day. I am not telling DH or my kids, because they would fill my day with errands for them I am going to shop,wrap, eat out for lunch and get my hair cut. Then suffer the wrath when they find out I took a day without them knowing. Oh well it will be worth it..
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #11  
Yoga-addict

Hahaha...Barbara...date at Costco is not all that bad...as long as you get your money's worth...I love bargains.May be I'll try costco for my anniversary ring!One of the hassles associated with losing weight is resizing rings...couple of my rings are already way too loose!

Kim- and they say women are "difficult" to understand!!! LOL
Btw...how did your paper come out?

Amy- Thanks!!!Yeah we having a cold front or something...it is freakishly cold!Nice that you taking a day to pamper yourself...not telling anyone ...I do that once in a while too!it is important to set some me-myself-and-I time for yourself...we all need some personal space,nothing wrong with that.

Nothing much from my end. I spent a lazy day in bed yesterday and off to lab today.Also I need to hit the gym this afternoon. I am not weighing in till this Friday so I have a few days to recover from the junk I had past Sunday.

Take care all...catch you later

Last edited by mj2007; 12-08-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Paper came out OK, I still have to do my 'reflection' piece - I was not in the right frame of mind to write a reflection on the process! I will be finishing the rest up today and mailing it off. Done until spring semester! Only 4 more semesters to go. They had someone come in and talk about the doctorate program last night - bad timing! I did not want to hear anything about having to take more classes by that point, LOL.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Back in the old days when I was teaching college, I considered getting a PHD, but then I got over it. I suppose it depends on what you want to do whether it is worth it or not. I wouldn't worry about it until after you finish your current program.

Its so quiet in here today!

Did anyone see the biggest loser last night?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #14  

I saw parts of The Biggest Loser..I can't believe that guy who lost 239 lbs!! In 7 months!

As for me, I'm down 1.2 lbs this week..I'll take it! Christmas party this weekend...first of 3....and I am missing some! My work is crazy! And crazy busy too! I can't wait till the 23rd! Then I'm off till Jan 4th, spending a week in Toronto! Yay!

Anyway...hope the rest of you are kicking around here somewhere...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #15  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning all. down another pound today. i switched up my normal workout yesterday and did 45mins of pilates. it was a nice change.
hope everyone is doing well. not much to report from me..just still plugging away with life. DH should be home at the end of next week, hopefully!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote