Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #1  

Smile Update from BlondeWoman

Hi,

I started "dieting" (odious word!) the day after Labor Day which meant, of course, that Labor Day weekend, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down.

I have a pic that may serve as a decent before pic though I probably got a bit heavier than that, even. Anyway, that's later. For now, just starting the thread to update everyone.

So in September I started just cutting calories. Nothing special. But cutting way back. After about 5 weeks I started working out. Went to the health club/gym. First couple workouts were freaking PATHETIC. Just a few minutes each. I started with 4 minutes of fast walk on treadmill. Now up to 12 mins with incline ratio of 3.5. Started with just a couple weight machines, two sets of each. Now doing 7 (machines) plus incline board- 3 sets of each. Also, I live one mile from the gym so I walk there and back. Or, should I say, I bouncily walk to the gym (plus sometimes a bit extra walking) on the way and I drag myself home, Quasimodo-like. I also go on occasional extra walks, usually about an hour, on other days. Particularly weekends.

I have also started doing a bit of yoga again and plan to develop that into longer sessions each time. Doing that at home. I know about 25-30hatha yoga poses so I know I can do it.

I have posted in the past that I'm too chickens**t to weigh myself because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever that number is, it'll be more than I expected and I'll get all whiny and obsessed with it. So I'm not doing it. My guess, though, is that in the past 3 months I may've lost about 30-35 pounds. I base this on the fact that I was wearing overly tight 14s and some 16s (which was probably my true size, right?) and that now I'm able to wear just about any 12 that doesn't seem to be sized extra small. (I have a pair of size 12 jeans that seem to fit exactly like some 10s I have- which is to say that I cannot button them and therefore am not wearing them currently) I bought some more exercise clothes this week and they were mediums and they fit perfectly. I'm now in between a large and a medium which is nice.

My belly is diminishing greatly and the - ahem- roll just above it is smaller. My arms have a lot more definition than they did due to weight loss and to working out.

I'm wearing clothes I was wearing about 3 years ago, and that's nice.

I'm quite pleased. I do plan do keep going on this til all excess weight is gone, bringing me to maybe a size 6. My guess is that this will take me at least 4 to 7 more months but I am not worried about it. I'm giving myself all the time I need, mentally.

I'm actually enjoying working out. For a while it was more, I did it because I need to in order to burn calories and firm up and develop good musculature, but now I actually am finding working out to be fun, though I do have days that are better or worse than others. And I always did love going for long walks. As long as it isn't raining (I live in Seattle- need I say more?) I'm ok with it. I can deal with cold but walking in the rain is not so pleasant though I sometimes do it with an umbrella and maybe a hat on, too.

So it's going well. I'm going to have my husband take an interim type picture of me soon, probably this weekend so I can post a couple pix here.

Anyway, just wanted to check in with you guys and say hi. The mini goals is one of my favorite sections on this board!!!
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #2  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Sounds like you're doing really great!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  

Yep, it's going pretty well. Pix to come soon!
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Yay - good for you! Sounds like you're on track and getting it done - and not only losing weight but changing your life to a healthy one that you can continue once your goals are met - how smart!

Thanks for sharing with us - keep up the good work - can't wait for the pictures!

Last edited by leeway; 12-05-2009 at 12:02 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go, sounds like you have a very good attitude. Congrats!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #6  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Thanks 4 posting and keep coming back.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #7  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

good work!! i just realized that i now fit in a 14 comfortably (my 16s are RETIRED!). Can't wait to get to 12 too! i really like you're laid back attitude about your journey. You aren't putting any pressure on yourself, just enjoying all the perks of becoming healthy!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

Congratulations!! I can't wiat to see the pics.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #9  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Very cool! Yay!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #10  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Default that's the way to be!

Good for you for not obsessing about the scale. That's my biggest downfall (other than a food addiction). It must take tremendous willpower to not be tempted to step on that scale so good for you for resisting! What matters is how you feel and how your body shape changes, not a number on an instrument right? Congrats! Sounds like you are doing all the right things!!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote