South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Frankly Flabbergasted Friday!

First, would a mod please sticky the December Exercise Challenge thread that Kim started? Thank you!

Today started off on a sour note when I stepped on the scale and saw I had gained three pounds since yesterday morning. Huh. That's a good one. And for my next trick...

I just finished my breakfast. Yes, it's noon. I didn't get around to it this morning. I think today is going to be one of *those* days.

I did get the beds stripped and remade and the laundry done, folded, and put away. I have gingerbread cookie dough (NOT beachy) in the fridge chilling so we can make the cookies this afternoon and have them ready to decorate tomorrow. I still have to practice my music for the Christmas Eve service some time today, and Connor has his belt test this evening. He's very nervous but I know he'll do fine.

Hope you all are waking up to a good day!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the start-up this morning, Kara. Sorry you're feeling so flabbergasted, but that's the reason I got rid of my scale. I don't want to see the numbers anymore - I think the way my clothes are fitting is the most accurate way to see how I'm doing. Good luck to Connor tonight!

I was going to sleep in a little, but then figured why waste my day off? I do have to go pick up the girls from school and take them to their riding lesson, but that should only take about 3 hours from my day. Maggie's collarbone is healing well and she isn't even wearing the brace anymore, so we're going to let her ride today as long as she's careful.
I'm going to start decorating the house today and try to get over to Kohl's since I didn't make it yesterday. Dustin came over for coffee and to see if I had any goodies around (I didn't ), and he stayed until I had to leave for work.

Pearlrose, how's your DS doing after his accident? My nephew totaled his truck on is way home from school Wednesday on the slippery roads. Thank goodness he only ended up with a broken arm and concussion, because it could have been much worse. Our kids sure have a way of adding more gray hairs to our heads, don't they?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Friday morning and I'm a bit flabbergasted myself. I slept through the alarm so will be running late today.

Kara, breathe! It's only Dec. 4 - there's another 20 days to go and Christmas still will come, cookies or not.

Cottage, give Maggie a gentle hug and tell the horse to take it easy. So sorry about the nephew's truck but glad he's OK.

Yay me! I finally got the outside of the house decorated and my dusk to dawn timer turned everything on on time. That feels so much better. Donna cancelled out yesterday but, if she comes today, I'll set her to some indoor decorating - like hanging balls on the reindeer antlers. I will be spending most of the day making pastry for tomorrow's pie marathon with a "break" at noon for a funeral. My gym group has a potluck tonight but I've already made my contribution - the decadent rum cake and just need to take it out of the freezer.

Gotta dash out of here but will try to pop back in later. I know I need to update the weightloss sticky but did manage to stick the exercise one.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Kara - Hope the rest of the day is smoother. Good luck to Connor! (at quick first glance I thought it said "flabby friday"!)

Cottage - Enjoy your 90% day off Good luck with the shopping and decorating.

Ruth - the rum cake is for the gym group potluck?! What kind of a gym is this? Will everyone workout after dinner?
Congratulations on getting the decorating completed. Any chance we will get pictures?

It's a WFH day today. Haven't had one of those in quite awhile. I've got a couple of things I need to finish and that will never happen with the phone ringing and walk-ins so home it is. I'm also off to the planning meeting for the warming shelter. I'm talking to the committee about the music fundraiser idea.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Boston to see the Nutcracker with DD. We always wanted to go when she was young but could never afford it. This year she bought tickets and we are finally going Neither of our SOs is interested so it's just the two of us Then I'll stay over and head back Sunday. Of course that means chores need to be done today. The good thing about WFH is I can toss laundry in, beans in the pressure cooker and bread in the machine while I'm working.

How is your Friday shaping up?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, thanks for the link to the soup. It sounds good! I hope you get all your chores done so you can go and play all weekend with your DD. Seeing The Nutcracker is the perfect way to kick off the holiday season.

Ruth, um, yeah? Rum Cake for the gym group? Will you do 50 laps around the gym before or after the cake? P.S. - Don't tell anyone, but I'm making that cake for Christmas Eve and will indulge!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Good morning! I feel like it has been forever since I have been around these parts... probably because it has! 5 days OP, 4 days of exercise... and I feel great! Being in control has a way of doing that, doesn't it?
Busy weekend ahead for me. Lots of chores, I need to finish a painting project, the kids have a bday party to go to (reminds me, I need to wrap the gift), DH and I are going to my company Christmas party tomorrow night, DS has his first basketball game on Sunday and I am hoping to make some of those cinnamon ornaments with the kids on Sunday. That doens't include working all day today and having my brother and his kids over for dinner tonight. Whew, when you write it all down, that is a lot to juggle! No wonder I am tired, stressed and gaining weight like mad! Glad I made myself a priority this week.

Enjoy your Friday!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-04-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, I was literally laughing out loud at your comment to Ruth about her rum cake for the gym. Have a wonderful time at the Nutcracker! Tom and I went in Seattle and it was beautiful.

Linda, I don't really care what the scale says too much because I know it's not possible I gained three pounds of fat overnight. Especially because I put on a pair of "cute pants" this morning (after the scale - don't know why I tried) and they fit fine. So I blew big spitty raspberries to the scale and put it in time out behind the bathroom cabinet until tomorrow morning.

Ruth, I'm not stressed about the cookies. The kids love decorating them and we don't have time to bake AND decorate tomorrow so I had to get them baked today. They're all cooling now and my house smells so Christmasy.

Jen, good luck with your weekend! Sounds a bit like mine. Take it an hour at a time and enjoy all the little moments!

Connor is not paying attention to his homework so I'd better go get him on track.

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-04-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HI!

Quick run-by fruiting! Slept in today and now I'm a crazy woman. Were those extra 25 minutes REALLY worth it???? AAAAGGGHH!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Lisa
Old 12-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for starting us up Kara, although you didn't have to wait on us for breakfast. I do weigh in, but when I'm eating OP the numbers don't hold great significance. I'd go nuts if I went by the big fluxuations. It sounds like a busy day with a fun evening.

Cottage, enjoy your day off. I agree, might as well just get up and going. I'm not much of a stay in bed sort. Glad to hear Maggie is getting back to riding. When I was her age all I wanted was a horse. It must be hard for her not to ride.

Ruth, your decorations sound beautiful! I love having things in the freezer to pull out when it's event time. I'm sure everyone at the gym will be recommiting to their exercise plan after tonights bash! Have a great day!

Cyndi, now I remember-Nutcracker with DD. "Flabby Friday"-there's a new one-I'll remember not to use it.I look forward to hearing from you later since you're WFH. I made some bread yesterday and it turned out pretty good. Kirk loved it and I didn't overindulge!

Jenski, On with your busy day and on making yourself a priority!

Lisa,

Me, putting my bike riding on hold until it warms up a bit. It's 0 here, but I'm really glad I got out this week and made sure I'd be happy with my purchase once the weather improves. I will go to the pool and wear my most stylish (and dispensible) wool hat for water aerobics. I've been invited to a PEO luncheon at Hotel Colorado so I'll need to come right home and see what I can find to wear that fits. At least it's happy when most things are too big! I'll be all set for tomorrow when I return for the hospital's holiday bash.

Have a great day everyone! Brrrrr............
Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Kara- You know as well as anyone here not to get discouraged from day to day ;0) A whoosh is on its way! and mmm gingerbread!

Ruth- I am opposite of you! Inside is done but the outside, well... all I can say is brrr! lol, not that its anything compared to what you're dealing with up there!

Cyndi- enjoy being home today! Hoping your day is a little shorter minus the destractions enjoy the nutcracker tomorrow!

Cottage- hope you make it to kohls today! I need to make a trip there soon but they have been so busy each time I just pass the store by!

Jen!- Its just been a reunion around here this week! Glad to see you back too! It does feel great to be in control huh?!

Lisa- Thanks for the fruiting! LOL you're too much!

Debbie- I just pictured you in the pool doing water aerobics with your wool hat on! LOL Hope you enjoy your day!

As for me, work is about it today... as I posted in the OP thread, I am going to have it a lil rough today. Our leader(yes, were like a pack...lol) is bringing us PFChangs today as a Christmas gift I suppose, and well, I can't be rude ;0) Especially when I haven't had PFChangs in like a year! SO, I will be very restrictive the rest of the day and eat lots of veggies and some tofu... also asked for the Gluten free sauce but it does have some sugar in it... one of the last ingredients so hopefully not too much... but who am I kidding, any restaurant sauce is not going to be very good for you! anyways, I will hit the gym after work! Hope everyone has a great Productive OP day!

Last edited by rdw1; 12-04-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks, just a quickie as I woke up with my head still pounding. And my youngest dd was up all night sick to her tummy, poor thing. And of course the wee ones are sooooo noisy today. The little angels.
Hope you all have a wonderful fab day. I will try to pop back in later for some personals. My to do list is growing, so I have to try to get something done.

Last edited by little chick; 12-04-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Kara- I refuse to get on the scale I am just going by clothes as well for now- I can tell I need to lose a few lbs to get back on track- but if I get on and know exact number I will let it get me so blue that I will not keep trying.

Cottage- Glad to hear that Maggie's collarbone is healing nicely. Sorry to hear about your Nephew's accident- glad he only had minor injuries. DS is doing fine no injuries at all, but I know I saw about 3 more gray hairs popping up on my part that were not there before. LOL

Ruth hope you get to slow down and enjoy the day sounds like your super busy.

Cyndi- I am also wfh today as well- love being able to cook and do laundry and still get a done more work done than at the office. Enjoy the nutcracker

Jenkishere- Glad you made yourself a priority as well this week, we tend to juggle way to much on our plates and need to make sure we take care of ourselves as well.

Weezle have a good day.

Debbie- thinks for the mental picture it gives me a chuckle- everyone in the pool with their hats on and 0 degrees outside- I could not do that you are much braver than me.

Rikki- have a good day today at work- and good for you for planning this day out eating wise

Little chick- hopefully tomorrow your headache will be gone. Have a good day.

Today half day of school for kiddies- full day of wfh for me and then not sure what is on the plan for tonight- I do need to clean the house and get some cookies baked this weekend. A friend is auctioning off her farmhouse tomorrow so me and DD2 are going to hang out and keep her company while it is going on. I need to get some exercise in today as well

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Kara: Thanks for getting us started this morning! Gingerbread cookies are in our near future. Jason loves them and I can't get through December without making them at least twice. Good thing is that I'm not a big fan. Maybe that's what we'll do Saturday evening. Good luck to Connor tonight! I'm sure he'll do well!

Linda: I'm glad that Maggie seems to be healing well. I'm sure she's ready to get back on a horse! Enjoy your day "off"! I'm glad your nephew came out of his accident with only minor injuries.

Ruth: Rum cake for a gym potluck? Sounds like my kind of gym. Tell Donna to be careful with those Christmas balls, I hear the blue ones are especially fragile this time of year.

Cyndi: Enjoy WFH today! That's the one thing I wish I could do every once in a while. Enjoy the Nutcracker! I'm thoroughly jealous. I was hoping to get to go this year, but I made DH promise to take me next year. My mom went Thanksgiving week and said it was just beautiful.

Jenski: Nice to see ya around these parts again! WTG staying OP!! Don't forget to take some time for yourself in the midst of all you've got going on. You deserve it!

Lisa: Hope you have a great day! Slow down and take a breath!!

Debbie: Brrrrr! 0* is COLD! We're sitting at 19* right now and I'm freaking out! I've loved pulling sweaters out this winter and finding that they're too big.

rdw: Mmmm...PFChangs. I love that place. It's almost impossible to resist, especially when the leader of the pack brings it! At least you have a plan to make it as minimally damaging as possible.

LC: Hope your headache goes away soon! Sounds like it needs to be nap time for the kiddos!

Pearl: Have a good day! I'm glad your DS is well after his accident. Thank goodness!

Me: Not much going on here. I'm at work, but there are only three of us out of 12 here. We got a decent amount of snow last night and temps are still low, so the roads are pretty treacherous. We never got official word that we were going to open late, though, so my boss and I came in to avoid getting in trouble. It's quiet, though and I doubt anyone will be coming in at all today.

Jason and I don't really have plans tonight. I imagine I'll have some cleaning up to do, but I don't want to think about that right now. I'd rather just make some hot chocolate and enjoy my warm bed. Tomorrow Jason's taking me to the Mountain Country Christmas Market to shop for some Christmas gifts for friends (but mostly myself). He's also going to treat me to lunch out and maybe a trip to the bookstore. After that, the day is up in the air.

Well, this has taken me forever to post, so I need to get back to work. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #14  
sophie

Good morning,

Kara - Have fun decorating the cookies with the kids. That is so much fun. They will probably have icing all over themselves. Why is Connor doing homework at the beginning of the weekend, you are one tough cookie.

Cottage - hope all goes well with the horse riding. As they say which goes for SB as soon as you fall get back on again.

Ruth - thanks for the chuckle about the rum cake today.

Cyndi - enjoy Nutcracker. I can see it every year.

Jenski - one busy lady.

Lisa - hope your day goes well. Being late makes the day go by faster.

RDW - do your best.

Debbie - are you serious, the swimming pool is outside? you will have a felted hat.

Pearl - Glad your DS is fine and I'm with you about the scale.

Little Chick - hope headacke goes away.

Kim - Enjoy the Christmas Market treat yourself to some nice gifts.

me - starting some baking with hesitation and heard from DS2 who is in NYC having a great time but promised that he will be back the week before Christmas. I know he will be here. He has taken a long vacation from his casting job and will start again in Feb. Geez, got to go big baby(DH) is calling me.
take care
Sophie
I think I do must better on the computer with my glasses on.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #15  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

somehow I had a 4 lb whoosh after Thanksgiving...even though I ate a cheeseburger the next day (take me out behind the woodshed and switch me, I don't know why I was SBD compliant for Thanksgiving and then ate a cheeseburger.) I have to study for a big test in a week and a half, and I have a music person at the church where I am doing my internship who is disappointed that I'm not more interested in doing music stuff (even though I'm not there to do music stuff)... so I'm really stressed. So no more cheezeburgers.

happy beaching, everyone.

Going to Mexico in the 2nd week of January with my mom, so I want to drop at least another 10 pounds and get to 195 by then.
Closed Thread