General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #1  
Ducky25

S/C/G: 179/165/135

Height: 5'2"

Default SOOOO upset to point of tears

I was planning my schedule for the rest of my time in college.

turns out I have at least 37 more classes to take. that is 4.5 more years. THEN the credential program.

i hate the school system.

p.s. i just accidentally made my co worker cry too

what a day
gasouza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Wow, what is your major?
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3  
Workin' It

I was wondering the same thing, what are you majoring in? Are you working full time and going to school, too?

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #4  

37 classes or 37 HOURS?

I have a double B.A. in English & history and I only have 47 CLASSES on my official transcript--including any electives that didn't even "contribute."

Are you including post-education, like law/med school?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  

Oh, guess it's not extreme if you're a 1st semester freshman....
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #6  

Hang in there...education is ALWAYS worth it . Have fun with it!! I can honestly say that most of us (many years out of college) look back and say "those were the best years of my life".
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
Hang in there...education is ALWAYS worth it . Have fun with it!! I can honestly say that most of us (many years out of college) look back and say "those were the best years of my life".
Me!! Me!! Me!!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #8  
Ducky25

Default bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Wow, what is your major?
Liberal Studies with a concentration in Exception Children and Youth
(I am going to be a special ed teacher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I was wondering the same thing, what are you majoring in? Are you working full time and going to school, too?

I am working part time. 8:00am to 11:30 am as a special education one-on-one aide for a girly with down syndrome. Then I go to class in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
37 classes or 37 HOURS?

I have a double B.A. in English & history and I only have 47 CLASSES on my official transcript--including any electives that didn't even "contribute."

Are you including post-education, like law/med school?
Oh how I WISH it was hours Nope, 33 classes to fullfill my lower ge, upper ge, major & concentration & CSET required's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Oh, guess it's not extreme if you're a 1st semester freshman....
I am a 4th year Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
thank you dear. right now I don't believe it lol, but i'm sure eventually I will look back too and be glad. as of now though all I want to do is be DONE!!!

Thanks to all of you girls. It is nice having someplace to get it all out. I am going to see if any of the classes I have chosen so far can be replaced with one that would fill more sections, but it's looking kind of dim.

curse you CSU Stan!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

With the changes in our state's economy....classes being dropped... prof's being layed off...it may be longer than that KIDDO...hang in there!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

LOL... *I* go to CSU Stan. Not even kidding you here.

How in the world do you have that many classes left? Even Music Majors don't have to take that many classes...and they have the highest major on campus.

Have you looked into the credential program yet? I'm applying right now. With the elimination of winter term...its going to be a nightmare. They have to find time to cram in 7 more units; you're already supposed to take 16 in Fall and 14 in Spring. Where can I fit three more classes?!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #11  
Ducky25

idk, maybe im just screwing everything up and taking the wrong classes. i went to an advisor and he advised classes that the lib's department doesnt even want us to take. im not looking forward to the winter elimination either. i dont understand how we pay $4000+ every year and they dont have enough money somehow
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #12  
Ducky25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
With the changes in our state's economy....classes being dropped... prof's being layed off...it may be longer than that KIDDO...hang in there!
ya, im definitely NOT looking forward to that O_o
Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #13  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

It'll be worth it in the long term! Ive been taking Nusing Prereqs for like 3 years parttime and its just draaaagging on. Now I have to fight to get into the stupid program. Im going full time now and I still cant see the light. Im sarting to wonder when once I actually get in the program and get finished if Im even going to want to be a Nurse anymore?!?!?! haha Jk, Ive wanted to be a nurse since I was a kid but really, I feel your pain!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

We pay $4000, sure, but that doesn't even start to cover how much education costs, between all the staff you have to pay. With the state's ability to subsidized gone, it has to come down some where.

I wouldn't freak out until you've talked to your Libs Adviser. I've been told a lot of misinformation from other departments because they just don't know my program well enough. It honestly doesn't make sense for it to take you another 4.5 years, unless youre only part-time
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Starting next month, I'm paying $900/credit.

Anyway, I recently had to go through the exercise of planning my next 3 years of college. I'd sit down with your catalog (and if there are any changes, you are bound to the catalog for your freshman/first year at the school). Look at what the true requirements are for graduating and look at what classes you have to take. If your school has mapped out when the classes will be offered, create something in excel that covers every quarter/semester for the next 2-3 years, what classes you need and when they are offered. Then plan everything out.

For my undergrad, I started initially at a small private school and then transferred to a public school with a completely different major. I had totally different requirements for graduating and I just mapped everything out. I believe to graduate, we were required to have 180 units/credits total. I ended up having 330 because of all the classes I had to make up. It took me 5 years total to graduate, 2 years at the private school, 3 years at the public school. It was worth it though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote