South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default trying to eat more fish and finally I am

I have been trying to get more fish in my diet and I just plain don't like moist fish. so that leaves out a lot of the most common methods of cooking fish. Then I tried the pecan crusted tilapia and Oh my .. it was wonderful.
I did it like I saw one of the tV chef's by dipping in seasoned eggbeaters then sprinkled the pecan meal over both sides of the filet and then pan fried it only to toast the pecans a little then popped it into the oven to finish... I made a large portion of this and we didn't finish all It was so nice and crispy and tasted wonderful
.. I hated to toss it the leftovers so I thought perhaps I could make a salad ingredient the nx day for lunch but then the following day I thought wonder what would happen if I just put it back in the oven .. and surprise it was GREAT. reheated .on day 2 Who knew ?????
Now fish will be a regular weekly menu item.. I am delighted to have tried this one..and now have some more variety to add to our meals.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE fish- baked with lemon and so on. Crusted fishes are good too.

I think tilapia is one of my favorite fish to eat, white, not too fishy, and cheap.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I tried Tilapia once...only once, I don't know what it was but I can't get myself to try it again. My favorites to have for dinners are Wild Salmon and Haddock.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote