View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
LuvMyMarine

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi. This is my very first post here, so I hope I am doing it right. I'm planning to start the Ideal Protein diet this weekend, and I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited about the wonderful results others have had, and nervous that I might not be so lucky.

I just wanted to say to Torchlaker that I've enjoyed reading your posts as I've been researching this diet. You're an inspiration. And I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. We may have some common ground. You see, my husband is employed by KBR and works as a safety superviser in Iraq. He works closely with the firefighters, and has for the past 5 years. It is entirely possible that he and your husband worked together at some point. My husband has been at a few bases, including Striker, Ramadi, and Al Asaad, with the majority of his time spent at Al Asaad. Just thought it would be interesting if they actually crossed paths. Stranger things have happened...

As I mentioned, I am planning to start this diet on a weekend because I understand the first few days can be tough. My boss started a week ago and experienced headaches and stomach upset the first few days. I figured I'd rather experience these symptoms at home, rather than work. On a positive note, she has lost 10 pounds and her blood sugar has normalized! YAY for her!