Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #1  
Getting back to it!

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default 75lbs Gone Forever (and 2 days early!)

I have been struggling with my weight all of my life like alot of you out there. I started my most recent journey on January 14th when I visited a non-surgical weight loss physician to get on a supervised meal plan. The first two months were slow and difficult to get used to. I wanted so badly to eat the food my fiance, friends, and family were eating. But knowing that "you can but just watch your portions" never worked for me, I knew that I had to just stay away.

My loss didn't start picking up until June/July and in mid August I hit my first mini-goal of 50lb loss. The entire month of October and first week of November, have been yet another struggle. With stress of planning a wedding on my own, and often not leaving the office until 8pm, my weakness for comfort food did me in a few times. For those weeks I gained and lost the same 3-5lbs over again.

Last Friday, I realized that it's now or never. I can't afford to lose an entire month at a time in my progress just because I want to eat something I know I shouldn't. My body is so used to not having it, that literally one night of eating just one thing different, sets me back with 4-5lbs of instant water weight by the next day....water weight that then takes me 3 days to get off again. That's 4 days lost and forget it if it happens twice a week. (That's how my October went)

Now for my mini-goal.......this morning I hit 75lbs lost!! I had anticipated that I would do this by Thanksgiving. So I accomplished my mini goal....2 days early!!! I feel so great. I really feel today is going to be a great day. This is just what I needed to get over this hump. I have been so down because I have been lingering at this one darn number on the scale and just couldn't pass it. And not only did I get past it....I was in the 250s yesterday and today...expecting to be just below 250, I was shocked to see 248! I haven't seen that in 4 years!

I hope anyone that is having a hard time right now with the holidays coming up, or because you just can't get past that one number, or stress is getting the better of you, can read this and know that if you just stick to it....take one day at a time, you can meet your goals. I wish everyone the best of luck this week as I know it is a week of laziness, binging, and neverending leftovers. I am actually packing a few healthy sides to bring to my moms house so I can have some turkey and healthy sides...not all that bad stuff. I certainly don't want to gain this weight back and be in the 250s again.

Let's all get through this week and come out feeling great and not guilty, sad, or regretful! Good luck all and stick with it!! Be thankful for your health, and your perserverence and determination to get AND keep control of your body and life. Happy Thanksgiving!!
motivatedbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Wow!! Congratulations on your weight loss!! That's a great accomplishment!
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #3  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Congratulations on your loss! Thank you for this little reminder. It's a great inspiration for the coming Holiday ahead.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #4  
Want2BeThin

S/C/G: 178.6/163.5/135

Height: 61.5 inches

A big WELL DONE to you motivatedbride!!! Congrats.
Want2BeThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Well done! Seventy-five pounds is quite an accomplishment and I am sure you feel fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #6  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go!!! That is an awesome accomplishment!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 284.6/283.2/165

Height: 5'9

Congratulations! I can relate to gaining 4-5 pounds by just eating the wrong foods, for me its corn or wheat products. I balloon up!

75lbs is alot of weight to lose. Way to go
mtloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #8  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedbride View Post
I hope anyone that is having a hard time right now with the holidays coming up, or because you just can't get past that one number, or stress is getting the better of you, can read this and know that if you just stick to it....take one day at a time, you can meet your goals.
Wow, you have no idea how much that helped me. I've been struggling SO much to just get down into Onederland....I'm back up to 204.4 now...I've been doing between 207 and 201 for like a month now...I just want to get down into the 190s!!!

You're right though, I just need to focus and stay on track and do my best. I can do this!

Oh, and CONGRATS on everything you've accomplished. What an inspiration!!!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #9  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Congrats, 75lbs is a great success!!!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #10  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up way to go!

That's great - what an inspirational story - thank you for sharing - especially the part where you talk about gaining the same 3-5 lbs back - my October was pretty much a write off too. I became very frustrated with myself and got back on track in November. Feeling much better and back on the right track - nearly at the half way mark. Way to go!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/161/145

Height: 5 ft. 8

Congratulations That's awesome I love reading stories like this at the beginning of the day. They motivate me!
chlorinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #12  
Getting back to it!

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I am so happy to hear that I was able to inspire those of you that have had either been struggling or maybe just needed a lil reminder at what we are all working so hard every single day to accomplish. This is a full time job and we have to bring our "A" game every day all day. Being mindful that the choices we make today could change how I feel about myself for the next week or even month (like october for me). I feel so much better today than I did yesterday. And that helped me do my best today so I can feel even better tomorrow. I am so tired of wasting my time feeling frustrated, defeated, guilty and I choose to do my best to not feel like that anymore.

Again thank you all...and I really do wish you all including myself lol...a successfull tonight, tomorrow, and everyday after that....(especially Thursday). We can feel happiness and enjoy the time spent with our families and loved ones over the holiday while still working towards our goals. I can't wait til they see me!!
motivatedbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #13  
Weigh Down Yonder

"cp:
Congrats on reaching this goal - 75 pounds is quite an accomplishment and now that they're history, you're that much closer to your goal - how great is that?

Thanks for sharing - I have a lot to lose myself and it's wonderful to hear about the results you've achieved through hard work and the determination to keep going even when it got tough.

Keep up the good work - I know you'll get to your next goal soon - and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

75 is a big number what an inspiration! After I crushed my 1st minigoal by a pound I didn't really put in as much effort as I wouldve liked in november! Its nice to see how far you come just by taking it one day at a time
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Awesome, mega congrats!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote