Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Glasses

Normally I wear contacts and my total glasses-wearing time is about 10 minutes of bleary-eyed in the morning after a shower, and 5 minutes of almost-comatose at night just before knockout. Today, however, I took out my contacts earlier and have been wearing my glasses for most of the afternoon and evening.

And drat it, they keep on falling off my nose!

Do we lose weight from our faces? My sister says the difference in my face is noticeable, but I didn't think it would mean my glasses slipping down my nose, like all the time....
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #2  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I don't know the answer to whether or not we lose weight in our faces (enough to affect the fit of your glasses).

I do know however that from time to time I find myself having to mess with my glasses more as they keep falling and generally don't fit right. I just go and have them adjusted every so often and it fixes the issue. They just get worn out and wiggle loose; I don't know how else to explain it.

Most places (even Walmart) will do this for free, they just can't be held responsible if the break.

Last edited by TXJess; 11-23-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: edited for lack of proof reading :)
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I don't know!!! I guess when I wear my glasses they are looser... hmmm... never thought of it!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #4  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

I usually wear contact lenses, but I do have glasses as well, and sometimes I prefer to wear them. I definitely did need new ones after I'd lost a good bit of weight, because I was having the same problem; they kept falling down my face. You may be able to have them tightened up, but I also found that the old glasses, picked to suit my giant moon face, just weren't flattering with my much thinner, far more angular face, so I ended up getting a totally different style of frame for my new ones.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Yes, we do lose weight in our faces... enough to make glasses fit or not fit right. Our face shape will change as we lose weight and sometimes significantly so that you'll need new glasses. I second the option to go see if they can be tightened, that might take care of the problem temporarily. When you hit goal though, my guess is you'll want to get new frames. Which is never a bad thing.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #6  

Thanks all! I'll go to my opticians and ask them to tighten them up for me. Once I'm at goal weight (whatever that might turn out to be!) I'll get them checked out again and see if a different frame might not suit my new face better
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargzr View Post
Yes, we do lose weight in our faces... enough to make glasses fit or not fit right. Our face shape will change as we lose weight and sometimes significantly so that you'll need new glasses. I second the option to go see if they can be tightened, that might take care of the problem temporarily. When you hit goal though, my guess is you'll want to get new frames. Which is never a bad thing.
Simulpost, and you read my mind!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I totally agree. I wear glasses every day so yes I notice the difference. Much much loser! I need to get in and have mine adjusted. They really slide down when I am jogging.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote