Old 11-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #1  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Default HUUUUGE NSV and SV too!

Ladies, I am DYING here, I am so excited!

Victory #1 - The scale. I got off of said scale this morning and weighed in at 209.8! I am not calling it or changing tickers unless my weigh in on Monday shows the same thing, but it was very exciting for me, as I cannot remember seeing that decade on the scale (I went from 185-ish to 215/220 over two years, with no weigh ins in between) and it is a big milestone decade for me, as it puts me within spitting distance of Onederland.

It was also my personal goal for November to be in the single digit 200's, so I achieved that as well.

Victory #2 - the more exciting NSV. I was digging for some books and my yarn swift in storage area under our laundry room table, and saw the box with my wedding dress under there. I don't know what I weighed when I got married, but I believe it was in the 210-220 range and I wore a 16/18 (in May 2006). I figured it would fit on me, but didn't know if it would be tight, loose, what have you.

Well chickies, I went upstairs and pinned on the petticoat, which overlapped by at least four inches and was a 2x. It was big, so I was hopeful. I didn't want to call my husband upstairs until I had the gown on, so I had to put it on alone. I decided to leave it zipped and slip it over my head to see if it would fit on that way.

It did. Fully zipped.

The first thing I noticed was the gaping shoulders, it was very loose up there. I then centered in front of the mirror and pulled it inward. Mind you, I was wearing shapewear for the wedding, and a dumpy wirefree bra and loose undies today. And still, the gown was a good 3-4 inches too loose in the waist and maybe 2 inches in the bust, and GIGANTIC everywhere else.

It not only fit, but three years, two kids, and 50 pounds up and back on the scale and it was at least 1-2 sizes TOO BIG! I had it custom made for me, so it is fascinating to see how my dimensions had changed.

My husband's first comment was that it looked BIG, just everywhere looked ill fitting. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I AM *SMALLER* THAN I WAS AS A 19 YEAR OLD BRIDE!!!! AHHHHHH YAY!!!!!

One of my big goals, whenever I get down to a size I am really comfortable at (probably in the 130-140 range)) I want to completely overhaul the gown and have a rededication ceremony with new wedding pictures. The biggest thing I regret about my wedding day is that all I can see when I look at my album is a bloated, self-conscious bride. I know I was beautiful, but I want a set of pictures I am PROUD of.

Okay chickies, I just had to share, I am SCREAMING with joy right now, and feel on top of the world!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #2  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my mom has my wedding dress in her closet! What a neat goal to add to my list, thank you!
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #3  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Congratulations on the scale loss. But this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
It not only fit, but three years, two kids, and 50 pounds up and back on the scale and it was at least 1-2 sizes TOO BIG! I had it custom made for me, so it is fascinating to see how my dimensions had changed.
How exciting! You must be so proud of yourself.

Quote:
One of my big goals, whenever I get down to a size I am really comfortable at (probably in the 130-140 range)) I want to completely overhaul the gown and have a rededication ceremony with new wedding pictures. The biggest thing I regret about my wedding day is that all I can see when I look at my album is a bloated, self-conscious bride. I know I was beautiful, but I want a set of pictures I am PROUD of.
What an awesome idea! I've been trying to work out what to do with my wedding dress. This sounds perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yay Congrats!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Wow! That is one of the best NSVs I've read on 3FC. Wow. You rock!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #7  

Congrats, Artic Mama! I can't imagine how proud and happy you must be!

I got married in 2006 too (also at age 19, actually). And am now about 5 - 10 pounds away from my weight on my wedding day and my size 20 dress. I cannot wait to put it on and have it fit, let alone be too big.
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on both victories!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! What a wonderful NSV. Thank you so much for sharing it. It put a giant smile on my face.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That is absolutely awesome!!!!! Great job!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Thanks ladies, it was just the best feeling ever. I can't imagine, if this is how good a higher-weight NSV feels, how phenomenal crossing the weight finish line of "GOAL" will be. I think I may die of sheer happiness at that point

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
Congrats, Artic Mama! I can't imagine how proud and happy you must be!

I got married in 2006 too (also at age 19, actually). And am now about 5 - 10 pounds away from my weight on my wedding day and my size 20 dress. I cannot wait to put it on and have it fit, let alone be too big.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! It is the best feeling and so worth it!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Aw congratulations!! That's so AWESOME!!! I bet you looked beautiful in it then, and I bet it's falling off of you beautifully now! The rededication ceremony sounds so sweet & exciting! Hope we get to see pics!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #13  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

CONGRATS! That is amazing! You are doing so well and all your hard work is paying off! You must be on top of the world.

That is a great idea about getting new pics taken. I too am extremely ashamed of my wedding pics because I'm so bloated!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #14  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

This is great! Congrats on your awesome NSV and SV!!!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

Congratulations!!
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote