Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Gym NSV!

After my grandma noticing and complimenting me on my weight loss last weekend I've been loving off it all week, but yesterday I was back to feeling a little down again...
Then I went to the gym this morning and a girl I see there most days when I go was on the next machine when I got on the cardio wave. As I was getting myself setup she said hi and asked if I knew how much weight I'd lost. I told her approx 35lbs and she said that she had seen me almost everyday and could really tell!
To receive a compliment from someone who is obviously so fit and a long time gym goer was really great for me, and made me realise that maybe people really are starting to notice now!
The next test will be a visit from DH's mum and nan tomorrow, after not seeing them for 3 months. I'm betting they don't say a word.... Long story....
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

When you are overweight a lot of people just put you in the "fat" category and stop thinking about it; and, it's not until you lose a lot that they are forced to notice. When I lost 130lbs years ago no one noticed or said a word until I had lost 60lbs. Your grandma noticed because she loves you and is more in touch with you. I did have someone at the gym notice but I think that's because of the context. My mother wouldn't say anything, ever; she's just like that. My dad, now gone, would always notice. Personally, I'm the self-referring type and I actually don't like it when people say anything. Maybe I just don't like it that they are looking at me that closely when I don't know it. Ha. I'm just a kind of private person. You are doing great so look in the mirror and give yourself a big congratulations for all the fat no longer there.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Oohh I bet that felt so good! Congrats on your success so far!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

My sis-in-law is like that very fit gym goer & is always encouraging. Who knows, maybe that lady had lost a lot of weight in her past, too? Anyway, no matter how much weight you've lost, people can recognize hard work & dedication. Congratulations - and give grandma an extra hug, she seems like a sweetie.
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That was very nice of her and I am glad that you got to experience and hear that! Always good for an ego boost
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Boy, that's a good one! Hearing from someone who sees you every day and notices means there is a lot to notice!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That is awesome!!! I would love to have someone notice sometimes without me having to tell htem lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote