Old 11-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Sick Salsa Shimmy

This is at least partially OT

First of all, on Sunday I decided that I wasn't going to take any more crap from myself and was going to get back on the wagon. Lo and behold, I'm now back down to that lovely 212 in my profile Wha-hey, go me!

Secondly, I think I'm coming down with something (boo hiss). I'm going through tissues at a rate of knots and coughing for the new European Presidency. My father (but don't let me get started on other issues in my personal life; even with the takeover's super-fast servers, it'd fill up quite a bit of webspace) called me this evening and called me "Miss Croaky." Thanks, Dad....

Thirdly, something hella weird is going on with my legs.
3a - they're actually flabbier. I think this is because I'm losing fat there (YAY) but the skin...oh dear, I see a monster's head over there and it looks like loose skin. *prays to the gods of Snap Back Skin* So they still wobble, but now in a very different way.

3b - I think my pj's are loose. They didn't sit an inch below the top of my knickers before....

3c - I normally wear skirts, because I'm old-fashioned like that. But when I pull my pj's on (it's getting cold here now!) I can feel (and this is going to sound really stupid) all this loose material between my legs. AND the tops of my legs touch each other ABOVE the crotch of the pj's. Has anyone else had this? I know it's a good thing, but it's a rather bizarre sensation.

Fourthly, BRING IT ON I WILL BE SLIM (cough, sneeze, sniff, blegh)
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Sorry you are sick, but yay! on the other stuff!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

sounds like you're doing a good job - hope you're not sick long!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

hehe Cute post.... but hey, congrats on all that stuff! I know how you feel about the loose skin.... but hey, it SEEMS to be snapping back KINDA okay.... yay for being young.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm noticing things starting to tighten up already... so give it time.

But in the mean time does it not feel SO COOL to see the extra skin and know that it's your hard work that made that fat flee the building? Awesome
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ha ha! Loved this post. Made me laugh.
Sorry you're sick, but glad to hear about the other great things.

On the pj's issue, I just recently noticed that, too. They seem longer and they are hanging low in the crotch. Cool! I had also noticed that with my great big old lady underwear, it had been growing and sticking out of the top of my jeans. Lovely. So, I bought some new ones! Smaller and less old ladyish!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #7  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the successes, I am sorry you are sick though. I feel ya on the jammy issues. I have to roll mine at the waist to get the crotch to where it is supposed to be, then I look funny because the ankles are no longer where they should be, and it doesn't do much for the wadding of material between my thighs - time for new jammies I guess.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I'm noticing things starting to tighten up already... so give it time.

But in the mean time does it not feel SO COOL to see the extra skin and know that it's your hard work that made that fat flee the building? Awesome
It does feel very cool, but you know, also unsettling in equal measure. I do know (somehow) that this journey would change my body for the better - I knew this (somehow) when I began, too. And now it's actually happening, and if Robin is to be believed - but when isn't she?! - there's more to come.

I don't mind in the slightest. Like you said, it's good to see these changes. But the experience isn't how I imagined it to be (although ask me what I had imagined, and I wouldn't have an answer for you). It's just so strange. Like the thing with my pyjamas too.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishkitty View Post
hehe Cute post.... but hey, congrats on all that stuff! I know how you feel about the loose skin.... but hey, it SEEMS to be snapping back KINDA okay.... yay for being young.
I hope mine snaps back...I'm under 30...well...just
Old 11-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Ha ha! Loved this post. Made me laugh.
Sorry you're sick, but glad to hear about the other great things.

On the pj's issue, I just recently noticed that, too. They seem longer and they are hanging low in the crotch. Cool! I had also noticed that with my great big old lady underwear, it had been growing and sticking out of the top of my jeans. Lovely. So, I bought some new ones! Smaller and less old ladyish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Congrats on the successes, I am sorry you are sick though. I feel ya on the jammy issues. I have to roll mine at the waist to get the crotch to where it is supposed to be, then I look funny because the ankles are no longer where they should be, and it doesn't do much for the wadding of material between my thighs - time for new jammies I guess.
Good to know I can make people laugh

I'm so happy you've chimed in on the pjs issue. Because it's pjs, and because I'm single (hmpf), my frugality means I won't buy new ones until either these really won't stay up (or I, ah, am no longer single - but which one's going to happen first?). It's good to hear that others have the same experience.

Something related to that, which is a bit embarrassing to ask - how are knickers supposed to fit? Where are they supposed to sit on your hips? You're not supposed to have a baggy bit at the back...right?

Goh I sound like such a dork!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

unfortunately, tis the season, flu season, that is. (xmas season too, I was rather shocked to see the Christmas market set up on Bryant Park already, they didn't use to do that until after Thanksgiving. Holidays seem so scrunched together these days.) Hope you get over that fast.

funny you mentioned jammies, mine need replacing too. I feel like they're just something I sleep in and I'd rather spend clothes money on cute tops or whatever, so it takes me forever to get new ones.

my weight loss is slower than yours, but I've noticed the underwear getting larger and baggier too. gotta love that! they make them to fall on the hips how you like them, ie lowriding, and waist hugging, etc. if you're finding them billowing in the back, I'd definitely say they've outgrown you, heh heh.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Hope you are feeling better soon! Congrats to getting back on track though!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote