South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday's Thoughts and Things

Good morning. Very dark and cold out there the dogs tell me. I'm hoping for more sunshine today - getting spoilt by this brilliant month.

Yesterday was just jam-packed and I didn't get back to post. Today should be better with taking out the garbage first on the agenda. I put out a mess of recycle stuff last night and had two people stop to ask if I was moving. You can't get away with anything in a small town! It's a good thing I lead a relatively pure life.

Donna was supposed to come today but cancelled because of another appointment so I will be completely free! It'll be a niggle-clearing day and I might even get a chance to figure out what to take on my trip next week. There are a couple of outside jobs left to do including snuggling in the BBQ for the winter. It's just too dark and cold to grill this time of year.

How does your Thursday look? Come and chat a bit.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth It's pretty chilly here this morning too. Good luck with that list.

Today I've got a morning meeting in the town I live in. That means a walk with my bud afterward than WFH for the afternoon. Tonight is Thirsty Thursday and I'm really looking forward to seeing my former co-worker. I think I'll make some bean soup and eat dinner at home. Nothing at the Pub really meets the standards I'm trying to stick to right now. Of course I can still make room for a glass of wine

It looks like this weekend we are getting back to "seasonal" temps. There are snow flake threats in the forecast all next week. I am so not ready for it but it will come anyway.

Hope your day moves along at just the right pace
Old 11-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and all other chicks to follow!

Ruth - It'd be fun to put something out or do something odd just to see if people are watching .

I went to bed early last night, because I was EXHAUSTED. So now, I'm up early!! I have been really tired the past few days, and realized maybe it's the Phase I? Eh...not with the church dinner! (that cheese bread was goooood!) Good thing the DH had the big "V" (surgery), otherwise I'd be worried!

My snacking is definately under control again, and I feel a lot more guilty for eating off plan stuff. We'll see how long it lasts this time! I'm making thanksgiving dinner myself, so I'm not really worried about that.

Today...is my long day at work. Hopefully boring!

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Ruth, I was smiling as I thought about your neighbors checking out your trash. lol We live in a small town too and once had a neighbor 'investigate' when a friend from church left her car in our driveway while she was out with my husband and me. It's good to know people are looking out for us though, eh?

Cyndi, enjoy Thirsty Thursday - good job planning ahead.

Twynne, hope you get over that fatigue soon. If your long day at work is boring enough maybe you'll be able to sneak a nap in.

It's cold and dark here this morning, too. We've had unseasonably warm weather this week and yesterday there were lots of sweatshirts and light jackets at school. I sure hope parents send their kiddos to the bus stop in their winter things this morning!

My week that never ends continues. I've got to go to a play at the high school tonight - a couple of our youth group kids are in it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I've had to go out every evening this week and I'm doing an 'all nighter' with the youth group tomorrow. Ah well, all this rushing keeps me from sitting around eating. lol

Have a great Thursday, friends!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everybody! It's a cold, dark, overcast morning here, with rain on the way. I'm glad all my outside work is done.

Jake is home this morning, so I don't know how much I'll get accomplished, as he really puts a cramp in my schedule. Maybe I can find something for him to do. I'm working from 12:30 - 7:30 this afternoon, but I have tomorrow off, so I can get some things done then. I'd like to get a few things made and in the freezer for Thanksgiving, and have a big grocery shopping to do.

Ruth, enjoy your day of clearing niggles!

Cyndi, I may join you in theory with a glass of wine this evening. A night at the pub sounds wonderful!

Twynne, I'm glad you have things back under control. How's life with the pup coming along?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ruth! Sounds like you have another busy day planned! Good luck with the barbeque. Does it need a special blankie?

Cyndi, have a wonderful walk and a great time with your friend tonight! Good plan eating at home! Tom came home last night and told me there are no vegetarian options for the Christmas party dinner (which will be at a castle). He thought I would be upset, but honestly I was excited. One less meal to tempt me out of my cute pants!

Twynn, sorry you've been feeling run down. Are you getting enough iron? I was struggling with fatigue and was losing lots of hair (luckily I have thick hair so it didn't show) and I read that those are both signs of anemia. I started taking my B vitamins again and I'm feeling a ton better now.

Heidi, my husband just did a lock-in with his confirmation class. I was expecting him to be a zombie at church the next day, but he was all pumped up because it went so well and the kids are fantastic. Hope yours is just as good!

Linda, you need to put that Jake to work. Good luck sticking to your schedule!

Connor just walked in the door from school. We have to finish his homework and then go get the girls plus a friend from Kindergarten. Connor has his violin lesson this afternoon and then martial arts this evening, so it'll be go-go-go until bed time. I did NOT feel like cooking this morning and had a granola bar and glass of V8 Fusion for breakfast and then a protein shake around 11:00 so I am going to have a salad for lunch this afternoon and then make something fun and veggie-filled for dinner. Ooooo, I just had an idea. I was going to make vegetarian sloppy joes for tomorrow with homemade rolls. Who thinks they'd be good with roasted eggplant in them?

Hope all have a good day!

Kara
Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone.
Got my nails done yesterday, so I feel alittle better. Woke up with a HORRID headache though. Wish I could call out of work but they'll have a fit..
Only have a few minutes this morning so I just wnated to pop in.Talk to you all later.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Yesterday was loooong. My meeting was stressful and went until 5:30 (unheard of in the govt!), so rush hour was in full swing and it took me over 2 hours to get home. Had to go straight to my Parks & Rec Committee Meeting, then home for late dinner and help DD study for a math test because DH grew up where there are no fractions and is absolutely no help for that. Tried to stay awake for all of Top Chef but didn't quite make it. I'm looking forward to a peaceful day today.

Does anyone watch Top Chef? The two brothers in the final four are from our area, and one has a restaurant here. We haven't tried the place yet, but my niece and my daughter have both eaten there and said it's amazing, although I think my daughter prefers the bar menu. I made a lunch reservation for next week for my birthday. I will try to behave but that chocolate ganache he made on the show looked intense.

I'm going to throw some chili fixings in the crock pot shortly, and then head out for a walk. After 5 hours in the car yesterday plus 6 hours on my butt in the meeting, I am feeling very creaky.

So, Kara and Heidi, please explain this "lock-in" trend to me. We considered doing a lock-in for our LAN party last year, but decided against it (I was very relieved because I enjoy sleep). Anyway, the kids want to go to one at a local church next week. I get why the kids think it's cool, but what parent wants to stay up all night? And have crazy cranky kids around the next day? I just don't see how this is a good idea. Guess I'm just old.

cottage, I guess you are gearing up for the big family feast!! I did tell my mom yesterday that we would not be around for Thanksgiving dinner, and she didn't seem to mind a bit. She also said my crazy future-ex SIL wants to come and visit on Friday and bring the kids, so I'm a bit relieved to not be around for whatever drama may result, although sad to not see the kids.

Twynn, I wish you a boring, but not too long day.
Cyndi, sounds like a fun evening to look forward to, and then - FRIDAY This week has seemed endless.

Ruth, I had to re-read your post a couple of times because I was not sure how you actually intended to snuggle IN the BBQ. Sounds uncomfortable. Have a good day taking care of niggles.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

A chatty Thursday! Lots of Thoughts and Things!

Ruth, I wish I had a free day! Enjoy it!

Cyndi, dinner at home sounds great! Enjoy your walk today and wine tonight!

Twynn, I hope you are feeling better!

Heidi, geez you've made your Christmas goal already! What now?? Congrats on your shifting scale!

Cottage, love 'em, but they do cramp ones style-DH got up with me 2 1/2 hrs ago and I'm just getting here to say hi. At least DH loves projects, I just need to delegate
Enjoy your day!

Hi Kara, it's so funny when we're getting up your kids are already coming home from school. Vegie SJ's sound really tasty!

Silly, hope your headache chills out-probably not a chance at work though!

Schmoodle, hope your day IS peaceful. My Sis watches Top Chef. Fun when you know someone. Hope your walk was great.

Ok, I'd better get organized-but first another cup of coffee. Today is classes, church lunch, therapy dog meeting, monthly knitting and finally monthly gathering for DH's TBI group. I'll leave at 9 and get home by 8. I need to see if I can tape Survivor. I've been working on my knitting this morning and socializing but everyone else has finally gone back to bed. I have 1:05 to myself. The cutest thing happened this AM-I was out with the doggies and Bing very decidedly walked up to Rudi, licked his face and walked away. A very special moment for me in their still new relationship. I'm really enjoying having a small dog for the first time ever.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Silly, I'm so sorry about your headache! Hope it fades quickly.

Schmoodle, I am literally laughing out loud about your poor husband and his fractionless home town. How very sad. Fractions are my favorite!!! I wish we got Top Chef here. It was one of my favorites in the States. I hope your birthday dinner is wonderful! Our rationale for the lock-in was this: our confirmation program is three years stuffed into two, so the teachers need some extra class time to get lessons in. They did six lessons throughout the evening and played games (and ate, of course) in between. The kids actually went to bed around 2:00, so it wasn't *that* bad.

Debbie, that story about the pups is adorable! Do you train therapy dogs or do you have one?

My kids are being AWESOME today! They all finished their homeschool lickety split, Connor's violin lesson went well, and they are quietly (I am *amazed*) eating their lunches. What a great day to be a mommy!!!

Kara
Old 11-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Kara-My doggies participate in a Therapy dog visiting program similar to Ruths. www.heelingpartners.org. Rudi went to our hospital yesterday. We lost our Lexxiss in September after a brief battle with bone cancer. Bing, is our newest rescue, an adorable 5 yr old Cocker Spaniel with separation "issues". Here's his picture. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=e1415b36c2
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Morning everyone.

Well I have weighed myself this morning and happy to say I have lost 2lbs since last week. Must be the ACV and honey in water, not to mention I've been having coffee daily.

Aside from that, I finally got my Megared Krill Oil softgels to try out. It says it's better than fish oil, but we'll see. I basically got it because they are SMALL and fish oil pills are always HUGE and I can't swallow big pills. I'm not sure I even need omega-3 since I have been eating Sardines 1-2 days a week but I'm trying to lower my blood pressure and boost energy.

Anyway, been meaning to clean some more but have been tired alot lately because I was on the wrong sleep schedule.

Well, hope you all are doing well.. I'm goin' to make my coffee and eat a few WW string cheese and a little deli meat. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw! What a cute puparoo, Debbie!!!

Good luck with your krill oil pills JellyBean!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And here's my Disney who should have worn her scarf for this picture.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #15  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
\
So, Kara and Heidi, please explain this "lock-in" trend to me. We considered doing a lock-in for our LAN party last year, but decided against it (I was very relieved because I enjoy sleep). Anyway, the kids want to go to one at a local church next week. I get why the kids think it's cool, but what parent wants to stay up all night? And have crazy cranky kids around the next day? I just don't see how this is a good idea. Guess I'm just old.
The kids love them and they're an inexpensive event to put on. We're going to a Portland Pirates hockey game tomorrow night, so that will take up a big chunk of the evening. It's a good drive for us and we're going to stop at Denny's on the way home so we'll only have 5 or 6 hours to fill with games and things once we get back to the church.

Personally, I prefer sleep too, but once or twice a year it's kind of nice to forget that I'm nearly 52....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Heidi, geez you've made your Christmas goal already! What now?? Congrats on your shifting scale!
Thank you. I can't believe how fast these first 20 came off.

My next goal is "30 by 30" - I want to be down to 175 by Jan 26th - our 30th wedding anniversary. That's counting on the weight loss staying nice and steady, so I'm not sure I'll hit it. But I do best when I have a goal in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Our rationale for the lock-in was this: our confirmation program is three years stuffed into two, so the teachers need some extra class time to get lessons in. They did six lessons throughout the evening and played games (and ate, of course) in between. The kids actually went to bed around 2:00, so it wasn't *that* bad.
Sounds like a great plan. More time to get lessons in and a reward for the kids' hard work.

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-19-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Closed Thread