Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Montgomery county, MD - Calorie counts going on menus!

I heard this on the radio this morning. The law goes into effect July 2010 and is only for restaurants with at least 20 chains.

Unfortunately, that won't affect me because the places I go are generally not chains. It might help when I go out with coworkers. It'll also force Red Robin here to comply (and they are always wriggly about their calorie counts). I do go to Chipotle but I have a good idea about the calories there when I go so that isn't a big deal. Overall, I think it is a good thing.

http://washington.bizjournals.com/wa..._calories.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Wow that really is awesome! My sister and niece are really good about sharing a meal when they go out to eat. For some reason that makes me feel deprived I think having the calorie count will be MAJOR MOTIVATION to share meals!

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

I'm so jealous... Maybe I'll have to move to Montgomery County... If only the rest of Maryland would follow along
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

cathy - my husband and I share meals sometimes. It doesn't make me feel deprived as I know I'm getting to eat whatever and saving calories. We love Ethiopian a lot but it can sometimes be greasy so it isn't unusual for us to get a platter to go and then split it and eat at home.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote