Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends and Losers Nov 16-22

OK, the site was down for DAYS! Made me positively crazy since I can't get to facebook from work. Hopefully this was not the death knell for our great LAWL group. Come back! Come back! (Titanic reference)

This weekend was OK, food-wise. I felt crappy on Saturday, so I didn't really eat much. Yesterday I felt fine. Very odd.

I just found out that a friend of ours from Jamaica was killed in a car accident on Thursday night. So terribly sad - he has 2 small children too. Life is just too short for some.

Barb - I'm glad that DD is seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. It is amazing how far off track the body can get - and how long it can take to get back to normal. I had a friend who slipped down a set of stairs on ice and broke his coccxyx (sp? - i.e. tailbone) and he got very ill - very much like your DD. He finally got back on track by going completely gluten-free and dairy free. It took about a year, but he got better and now eats a normal diet. Both of you hang in there!

Yet again looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. This journalling thing really helps! LOL.

Last edited by Kimphin; 11-16-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. down another pound. still on the exercise bandwagon. have been for over 6 months now. yay to me!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

You got that right Jillian - YAY YOU!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kim- So sorry about your friend, how sad.

Jillian- Good job! You are rocking the house, as usual.

I am still exercising everday, getting my water in, and being extremely mindful of carbs. I am hoping for a loss tomorrow!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Yes the site is back up again! I couldn't get here either for days and when it did load a couple of times it was all jumbled up and weird looking.

Windy and chilly here today but no snow so I'll take it. It poured like crazy for half the day yesterday. The drops were huge and it was a hard downpour.

Today just did a couple of errands and now back home waiting to see if my ex decides to come and get the dog today or not. He should have yesterday but he never showed and didn't call or text or anything. So we'll see if he shows up after he is done work.

Time for me to start the job search again. Severance time almost up so I need to get back on the wagon again. I am kinda getting tired of being home alone every day now so I hope I can find something even if it has to be temporary until something better comes along. I miss seeing people. I don't miss my old workplace though even one little bit. The people I worked with - yes but not the place itself. I didn't realize how stressful it was and how bad off I was until I didn't have to go there every day.

Diet hasn't been too bad. Not perfect but not bad either. I need to get more exercise in again though. Been slacking in that area again. It's so hard to start once you stop isn't it?

Well, hope everyone has a good monday...I'll check in later.

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Jillina- Congratulations are your pound loss and for keeping up the exercise

Kim- great job on the journaling and so sorry to hear about your friend.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am not looking forward to weighing in. I did rake leaves all weekend and my arms are sore so I am positive about the exercise. Also I did not eat any Birthday Cake however I did drink a frozen yogurt shake and not get in my water for the past week. So not positive about that.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls.

Sorry I have been MIA. Life has kind of been a whirlwind...lots going on, but it's all good. I was kind of off plan the last week or so, but did very well today. I may WI for the 100 pound challenge tomorrow......we'll see. TOM is killer this month. Anyway, just wanted to check in so ya'll didn't think I was a gonner forever
XOXO
P.S. I don't really say y'all.....lol.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Hi girls.

Anyway, just wanted to check in so ya'll didn't think I was a gonner forever
XOXO
P.S. I don't really say y'all.....lol.
Sure you do, you big hick!

Good to hear from you. Don't make us hunt you down!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

I'm down another 2#. Very happy with that. I have the ability to do this, it just takes willpower! I think that this low-grade headache that I have had fo a few days has scared me straight (I'm pretty sure it is a tension headache - eminating from my neck up). I just don't want to feel crappy anymore. I have always felt that despite being obese (wow - first time I've admitted THAT!) I was healthy. Who have I been kidding (me apparently). I am not healthy, just because I do not have any discernible disease or ailment does not make it OK to be overweight. I actually have been pretty lucky that I do NOT have any illness. Time to stop taking that for granted and take care of this body that I have.

OK, rant over. Sometimes I just feel that if I put it in writing, I make it so.

Now... 6 lbs to make my Thanksgiving for Florida goal. We leave next Wed. That may not be feasible, but I will try! A friend of a friend is letting us use her house in Vero Beach.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

great job kim! keep it up!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Even if you are only down a pound or two more, you'll feel better. Just a few pounds does wonders for my overall feeling of how I'm doing. Of course right now I'm a few pounds up, so I need to get my act together and start putting my health as a priority, since I've not been doing that. My DD started taking some remedies from the naturopath that I took her to, as the naturopath had thought she was having gall bladder difficulties, which does fit into the symptoms that she was having, but the doctors I think have to have things way out of whack before they do anything and then it is generally remove your gall bladder... anyway since she started taking the remedy, her energy level is much improved. She is resuming her life again in many minor but significant ways. It is great that she can start to deal with all those things herself since she was at the point where she could not personally deal with putting on socks for awhile there and needed someone to do it for her. Thank the Lord for her boyfriend. He has been the best. Between him and I we got her through... I just hope now that she is recovered enough to start school again in January. Thankfull she has a some time to continue to get better before then.

Yesterday was our 24th wedding anniversary. We didn't do much... well at least not much that was fun. I went and had a minor surgery done on my toe nail. So that kind of put a damper on anything too much fun last night... although we did manage to go out for a short dinner, which was more soup and one appetizer before I felt that I just needed to go home. I'm sort of out of commision for a few days until the toe heals up. I just thought I might as well take care of any little medical things now that the medical deductible has been hit due to the kid's medical problems (I have a 3000$ deductible!)

So anyway, at least today and tomorrow are going to be no exercise for me that involves your toe (which is pretty restrictive, but I may do some abs and arms work).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #12  
Amy

Hey guys!

Just saying hey before showering and going to bed. Will catch up with personals!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #13  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends! I haven't logged on here in MONTHS! Miss you all very much! Hoping to get back on the wagon. I'm finally focused.

Oh, and I'm married!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #14  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hey there Amy! Congrats on the wedding. We want pictures!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey, I am still here, still plugging along. I did everything right all week, then come WI day, I had not lost a dang thing. I am not giving up though, just more determined now!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote