Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 09:39 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Angry Week of *December 15*

Good Morning!! Hope everyone is off having a great day. We are getting ready for Tripper's prospective new owners to come. I am getting nervous about this. I know he needs a new home but I'm gonna cry like a baby when it's time for him to go!!

Snow: Welcome to the group. Just jump right in. In case you haven't figured it out yet, three of us are pregnant so we (well, at least I am) are focusing on not gaining too much. We are not allowed to diet right now. Wow, that's the only time in my whole adult life I've been able to say I'm not allowed to diet!! You can get to know us better by reading the bio's section but we are always happy to repeat it here so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

I have started noticing that I can't eat that much at a sitting, I guess Alex is starting to take up more room. . The only thing is that I get *SO* hungry so quickly sometimes. I'm still doing OK with staying away from sweet stuff. Maybe once or twice a week I want a sweet. Mostly I want salty and MEAT. Wonder if I need more protein?

OK, enough of a book for now. Have a good Sunday
Old 12-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Man, I am soo wiped out these days!! I just got up...it's 11:00 AM! I went to bed around 11:00 PM! Of course I tossed and turned all night, and was up at 6:00 to pee...right before DH's alarm. My whole body aches, I guess I hot shower will help a little, and the coffee is also helping to wake me up...

Yesterday I felt like someone had kicked the crap out of me all day. I have a lot of pressure down there, I think he's pushing on my cervix. At first I thought it was my bladder, because I would kind of have that feeling like, no, I have to pee!! But I realized it wasn't, so it must be my cervix?!?! I'm debating asking the midwife to do an internal to see if anything's going on in there, but I don't know. She doesn't normally do it til I'm in labor. I may just go to see her next week, because my feet and lower legs are really swollen now. I was sitting on the bed indian style last night, for about 10 min. maybe, and when I stretched out, I noticed that I had a huge indent in my leg, from the other foot! I spent quite a while with my legs elevated before that, so I'll have to really watch them now I guess.

Karen- One of the biggest things I craved throughout this PG is beef!! Yes, you're body needs protein, and salt! The baby takes a lot of the sodium. If you can do it, eat a couple eggs for breakfast every day, or at least a few times a week. And try logging what you eat, to see how much protein you're getting. Our childbirth instructor had us trying to get in 100gr. a day, which really isn't that hard to do. If you have your 4 glasses of milk a day, that's 32 gr., plus I *think* 3oz. of chicken is like 20 or something. Nutrifacts.com is a good place to look up then nutrition info. Besides, protein really does fill you up! Always have snacks around too! I have an arsenol of stuff in my drawer at work!! Nutrigrain bars, pretzels, pringles (for the salt cravings!), bananas, cereal...

Anyway, sorry to keep going on about how horrible I feel!! Have a great Sunday all! I'm supposed to go shopping with a friend, but personally, I think she's on crack for wanting to go!!
Old 12-15-2002, 01:35 PM   #3  

hi all--- well congrats to all you moms to be! i'm so happy for you guys since i've been blessed with 2 nephew and 2 nieces within a 2 year period and they are just wonderful. i'm a single gal ( and 30 already)and maybe soon i will meet mr. right and be a mom one day also. don't worry about weight gain, enjoy it now since i'm sure you will go on serious diets once you have the baby. also you will lose most of it since i've seen my sisters pack on a lot of weight during their pregnancies and now they are almost back to their normal weight. i'm the only one in the family that seems to get heavy and always trying to lose weight. anyway--- i hope you will support and encourage me while i try to lose the 15 lbs. that i've gained before more starts creeping up. my x-mas gift to myself is to rejoin the gym again and i will do it tomorrow--- pls. remind me!! anyway, hope to hear from you guys soon ;-)
Old 12-16-2002, 07:48 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

It's amazing what a back massage can do for you when you really need it!! I'm not big on massages, they usually hurt too much, but DH did my back this AM with the hand held massager we have (bought it originally for his back!) and man, did that feel good!! Actually helped make me more mobile!! What a great guy I've got!!

Snow- Glad you joined us over here! Don't forget to rejoin the gym today!! Don't worry about being 30 and not having met Mr. Right yet. I met him on my 31st b-day, and I'm 34 now! WOW, that's a lot of babies in a short time, being an Aunt myself, I know that must've been rough on your pocketbook!!

RR- You know we need a daily check-in from you now...it's too close!! Hope you're just too tired to log on!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:51 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Welcome Snowball!!!! I am the first to deliver the baby's on this thread and am scheduled on Thursday..DOnt worry about being 30 and single...I got married for the first time at 37 last year soo U have plenty of time!!!!! Good luck on the stubborn 15lbs!!!! I am gonna start a partial diet after thursday but since I will attempt breast feeding cant cut back too much..I only gained 15lbs total so far with 3 of those last week....Keep posting!!!!

Lauren--My swelling started last week..Last night, I had big ankles and feet...My MD recommends sleeping on your left side and U will pee all night!!!!I see her today at 10am..The pain is cervical pressure and I was sure with all that I have..the sharp needle feelings, the freq urination etc that I had to be 3cm...BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO......It is cuz the head is moving into position and putting the pressure there.....I am having another NST today soo we will count contractions and see the baby's response again.....

Karen--How did the doggie interview go?????

Hello Everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 12-16-2002, 12:40 PM   #6  
Donna

Hello All,

Wasn't around over the weekend because I decided to come down with a cold . Friday night I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 trying to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" . I was bummed because it's one of my favorites. Luckily I'd already gotten ready for bed because I was soooo tired. Then I went up to bed and slept until the alarm at 7:00, I never get 1 + 9 hours of sleep straight through. Guess I needed it. Between starting TOM on Thurs. and coming down with the cold I was whipped.

I've got most of my Christmas shopping done and presents are wrapped. Need to clean for the party on Sat. I can't believe I agreed to have another party with 35ish people here. Oh well, get them done together and I should be done for a while.

WW went OK, I lost and am back to where I was 12 weeks ago. I am so tired of loosing and regaining the same 5-10 lbs over and over again. After the holidays I really need to buckle down, and get to work on this. If I can just maintain for the next 2 weeks life will be good.

OK now that I've written and novel....

RR - Good luck on Thurs. You'll do great!!!! And besides you'll have an engineer with you to ask lots and lots of questions .

LBH - Hope DH's party was fun. I know what you mean about procrastinating, I am soooo bad.

Snowball - Welcome! Good luck on that 15 lbs.

Jul - Welcome back! 3lbs isn't too bad. My WW leader always says you don't "own" gains like that unless they stick around for more that a month. Glad your show was a success.

Karen - Congratulations on finding our the sex and that all is good. I'd stick with what the home scale says if that is consistant.

Well, I need to go make myself some lunch. Have a great week all!!

- Tech
Old 12-16-2002, 04:21 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Well, the doggie interview didn't go so well. The other couple's dog was totally uninterested in playing with Tripper. They kept saying he was scared, but I don't think so. He was wagging his tail, he just didn't want to play. He was in a strange place with strange people and Tripper is a tad barky when he wants to play. Anyhow, they didn't take him. We have two more people in line, one of which has already emailed asking how things went!! They have a younger dog which I think would be better with Trip. The other people interested also have an older dog. I dunno. This is so sad!!

Lauren: Isn't it wonderful when the DH is thoughtful!! DH found out this weekend that he was going to have to hold the baby, you should have seen his face!! It was hilarious. He has NEVER been around an infant, never mind actually held one. He had this terrified look on his face and I told him not to worry the baby won't break. He finally agreed, but man oh man, I would have loved to have a camera handy!! I guess he thought I was going to do all the holding. I explained that I'm not exactly superwoman and I was going to need help. I think he will come around.

RR: Yeah on Thursday!! I can't wait to hear that she has arrived. I'm as excited for you and Lauren as I am for me!!

Snow: Welcome again. BTW, don't forget the gym (finally got that right, kept writing GUM!!).

Tech: Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you are better today. Drink tea!! That's DH's favorite cold remedy.

I got my packages mailed today. I never wait this long, I don't know what is wrong with me this year. I only had to wait in line for about 25 minutes. That's not too awfully long, especially after all the horror stories I've heard.

OK, have a great evening!!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Angry Hello all!

I've been lurking on this board for awhile now, and all the other posts say, "Go to the weekly thread!" - so here I am. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to introduce myself... feel free to scold me if not!

I'm 31 years old, recently separated, quit smoking about a year ago and got on the scale before Thanksgiving to find myself at my highest recorded weight ever. I joined Weight Watchers about 4 years ago and was successful at losing about 40 (didn't reach my goal which was 60 lbs) pounds... but gained 15 back within the first year after I quit, and then another 35 in just the last year.

I went out and bought a step (for aerobics) because it was one of the few exercises I enjoyed doing in my WW days, along with 4 exercise tapes. I also just enrolled at a local community college for a 2-day-per week step class and a 2-day-per week strength training class (these don't start until late January). Currently (for about a week) I'm doing 25 minutes of step aerobics everyday and also using an online service (Fitday) to record what I'm eating (I actually threw out a pint of Ben & Jerry's last week!!)

Anywho - I work a lot of hours and I'm constantly reaching for horrible foods out of boredom, stress, frustration, etc., etc. I crave the support which you all seem to have on this board... I've always been very impressed by the sense of community and caring here.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 12-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #9  

hello all.

I've had 2 parties already this week and one more to go, and I think I've already gained the 2 pounds I lost last week. Sigh. What a tough time of year this is. I'm still glad that I rejoined WW, I'm sure I'm doing better than I would have.

Jul - thanks.

Snowball - Welcome! ~ Did you join the gym yet?? ~ You are so good to stop yourself at 15 pounds.

Tech - Enjoy your party! ~ hooray for the loss.

Karen - hooray for getting those packages in the mail.

Lun - Welcome! ~ Hooray for all the classes you've signed up for.

gotta run. Rabbit
Old 12-16-2002, 05:25 PM   #10  

Lunula--WElcome!! Of course U R in the right place for support!!!
Most of us have been on WW but some are following other programs!! Feel free to chat with us all!!!

Well...Fingertip dilated!!!YEah!!!! She stripped the membranes??whatever..soo hopefully I will go into labor before Thursday!!!If not...thursday at 4am it is....She changed her mind on pitocin and we are going with some pill called Cytotec???I am gonna read up on it!!!

TEch--That is what makes me the most nervous!!!Mr Engineer will ask too many questions!!!!But, it is too funny..when the MD mentions any word with a "V" he just gets red in the face and quiet!!!! (not meaning Vicki hahaha)

Have a great one!!!Send some labor vibes!!!!!
RR
Old 12-16-2002, 06:55 PM   #11  

hello all-- it will probably take me awhile to get everyones code names so i will post a big hi to everyone! i did not get to renew my gym membership today since i went out shopping with my mom for most of the day and took her out to eat at a nice spanish rest.--- u can say i was pretty bad today since i got hungr after all the shopping . but i will definitely get my new gym membership tomorrow and maybe get to work out too. oh i hope you guys don't think i'm so down about being single since i know the right time and the right guy will come along soon, he's probably just taking the detour route. its just lonely sometimes since most of my friends are already married or seriouly attached. but hey i rather be on my own than just settle for anybody for the sake of not being alone.
RR--- you are so due soon-- good luck and hope you have a quick delivery, what a great xmas present on your way soon ;-)

ok, hope to hear from all of you soon!
Old 12-16-2002, 08:36 PM   #12  
LBH

Vicki- DO NOT LET THEM USE CYTOTEC!!! I have read many horror stories. It's a drug that was originally created for treating ulcers, I think, and they realized that it also brings on labor. There are lots of bad side effects. I'll see what I can find out and post it for you. Please, please read up on it...they use it because it's cheaper than Pitocin. I'll try to get back here tonight with more info.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:52 PM   #13  
LBH

Vicki- Here are a couple articles I found. There's a ton of links if you type in Cytotec, but I chose two that seemed to be reliable sources, the FDA and NursesPDR. Please read them, and talk to your Dr. some more about it. I'm not trying to scare you, because obviously I don't have experience with it, but I have NEVER heard a good thing about it.

http://www.nursespdr.com/members/dat...soprostol.html

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY/2...y02.htm#cytote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:18 AM   #14  

lauren---Thanks for the info..THey used it on my sister in law and it worked great but the articles on fetal demise and uterine rupture have scared me to death..I dont know whether to consider letting nature take its course and go until she decides or do the induction..Life is sooo confusing.....
V
Old 12-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- I'm glad everything was OK with your SIL and Cytotec. I don't mean to upset you by any means, I just wanted to make sure you were informed. I'm guessing that if labor started on it's own, it would be better, that was there's less of a chance of needing anything to help it along. But if your'e definitely going to have a C/S (which I can't remember if they are letting you try vaginal first or not?), then maybe you don't want to bother inducing, because why feel them at all, if you're not aiming for a vaginal birth, right?

Snow- Oh no, I didn't think you were being too down! I think I was just remembering how crappy I felt before I found DH and how frustrating the whole process is. RR and I both met our DH's online, since we've been posting here!! I guess we just wanted to let you know that it's never too late!! Just tell me to shut up if I go to far...sometimes I don't know when to be quiet!! Now, go renew that membership!!

Rabbit- Just think of it as a challenge. You re-joined WW during the holiday season...the hardest time to do it...you must've felt like you needed that challenge!!

Lu- Welcome! Sounds like you've had a lot of tough obstacles over the past year. You know WW works, so that's a good place to start. And good for you excercising!

Karen- Sorry to hear the doggie interview didn't go to good, but it's for the best, if the owners weren't too keen on it, better to pass than try and fail, right? Sounds like you've got some anxious people lined up to meet Tripper!! I hope it goes well with them.
at DH!! Maybe you ought to go to Toys R Us and buy one of those life like baby dolls for DH to practice with?? I'm serious!! If I can't get DH and I into a baby care class before Petey gets here, I'm going to find a doll and teach him how to change a diaper, and swaddle, etc. He's been around babies, his neice and nephew, but he's not comfortable around them when they're that small. I will add though, that my cousin was an only child and he was never around babies, just us cousins, and we're all within a few years of each other. He has two kids now, and while he wasn't super comfy with them when they were tiny, he's come a long way! DH will be OK, but I recommend looking into those baby care classes at the hospital, and a doll that makes noises...for DH and the dog(s)!

OK, I've rambled enough for one day!! Hope everyone is well!!
Closed Thread