South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thin and Thoughtful Thursday

Good Morning

Seems my brain is already in high gear this morning. Thought I'd get us started then go grab a cup of coffee.
Nice morning here, but there was a critter in the yard I could hear but couldn't see, so I've been sorting paperwork-fun!

Whats happening with all the SB crew this morning?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

right back at you, Debbie! My wake-up time seems to be just after 5:30 these days and Jazz usually joins me. He does these lonely puppy cries because he's not been petted since bedtime at ten PM! I guess Disney's company isn't enough for him. Shhhh! He just may be a bit spoiled.Cottage can confirm that.

Had a great shopping day yesterday - odds and ends for the house plus a small TV for the studio. Of course I get nothing on it until the cable is connected but it'll be nice on winter nights when the back room is too cold for comfy viewing. I have a wee electric heater out there but that doesn't cut it on very cold nights when I'm too lazy to crank up the woodstove.

Donna comes this morning and I'm going to spend time sorting the studio stuff. I think I have enough fabric to make quilts for all the Beachers! The ideas are whizzing through my brain so I'll have enough work to see me through the winter, probably for years!

Time for breakfast and trash lugging. It looks like another sunny day which I'll take and appreciate after a soggy and sunless October. I may even get those bulbs planted on the doggie grave in the dogyard and the stone wrestled into place.

Hope your day is as good as mine is going to be!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning everyone. We ended up having our cake tasting rescheduled for Sunday. So that didn't happen yesterday. The students are running on a 2 hour delay today, but sadly, I still have to report at 8:30. I wish I didn't have to go at all. My grandpa had to be rushed to the emergency room last night because his blood sugar was at 600. They kept him. Not sure when they'll release him. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's frost covered out there this morning but looks like it will be another nice fall day.

Debbie - We had a family of critters last summer that sent me to google listening to animal sounds. Life in the country is always interesting. Hope your day has a balance of busy and relaxing mixed in

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect day. Hope it warms up quickly.

Sillyfluff - Hope your grandfather is out and better this morning.

Cottage - how are you?

My weird week continues. I've got a 6 pm meeting so planned a late start to the day. However I have 10 voice mail messages from yesterday so may go in a little earlier than I originally intended. Blah. On the plus side tomorrow I'm out by 11:30 no matter what. I'm heading to the parents just for a quick weekend check. There's this book sale they tell me about every year so we're going to that Saturday. If we have specific activities planned it seems less like I'm checking up on them

Hope your day slides easily into Friday and then the weekend
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

good morning chicks!

Ruth - I just can't believe he's spoiled .

Lexiss - how's the new pup doing? Was it meant to be?

Sillyfluff - sorry to hear about grandpa. That's one of my reasons for doing SB - my dad is diabetic. I don't want to fall into his habits.

Cyndi - I kinda like late days (starting late, anyway), but I find I don't get nearly as much done.

Me - Day one phase I went great! No temptations, even with the DS being crabby, and the dog cr@ppin' everywhere. I probably ate too many cashews last night (as always!) but that's okay...my goal is not to eat junk food.

But the pup didn't poop for NINE HOURS last night! WOOT WOOT!! LOL. I actually took her out at 3 am (when the DS was up scared) b/c I thought she was whining (she's downstairs). Turned out my husband had a slight whistle in his nose as he was breathing. Alas, only up once is awesome!

Today is my long day at work. But I'm thinking it's a better day today then the rest of the week! I feel better...probably from eating better!

to all that haven't signed in yet...have a great day!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi-Finally back.

Ruth, I was thinking of boxing all my fabric and sending it to you but it sounds like you already have plenty. I miss our woodstove but don't miss the mess. Have a great sorting day and I hope you get some bulbs planted.

Silly, hope grandpa is doing better. Sorry you have to go to work, but it's one step closer to the weekend. I'm very interested in the cupcake idea. I'm going to look online today.

Cyndi, your day sounds a bit like mine-cluttered and wierd. Hope all your stuff gets done today so you can have an enjoyable trip to your parents. As soon as I get my hellos in we're off to do the last box of apples. I think I'm ready to hang it up then.

Twynn, glad to hear that Reese is doing much better. How's your head? Thought of you when I bonked my noggin coming up from the basement yesterday. Bing is doing great! We refer to him as a "living doll boy". He is so eager to please and is such a joy to be around. All that and I can bathe him myself-$$ in the bank for me. Wish I could do that with Rudi. Great to hear you food plan is working out this week. Hope your long day passes quickly and is free of significant bumps.

Sophie, glad to hear your feeling better.

Cottage,

Hi to everyone else

So, off to the apples then time to get ready to head down to the flatlands for our Thursday formal exercise. While we're down, Rudi will go to Petsmart to get his feet all trimmed up. Next week is his hospital week and he's looking pretty rugged. I've been working on the paperwork for our formal disclosure to management of my DH's disability and his right to keep assistance animals. I've been pretty nervous because I don't do well with authority figures, which applies here, even though the law is on our side. Hopefully by Monday we will be well on our way to resolution. It's been a hard month.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #7  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good Morning, Ladies of the Beach!

I'm up and at'em and hopefully today will be better than yesterday. I don't know what it was... unless it was my TOM... I was just groggy and a bit down.

Lexxiss: I will be thinking of you and hoping for a positive turn out.

Ruth: I would love to see your quilts! Sounds like you have enough fabric to keep you busy for a loooong time!

Sillyfluff: (hugs) to you. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. My grandmother has issues with her diabetes all the time. They can't seem to keep her stablized even with her pump. I call and check on her a lot. Please keep us updated and my thoughts are with you.

Cyndi: mmmm boooks...... wait, did you say something else? lol I'm a book horder Have fun and pick up lots of great stuff to read!

Twynn: Great job for day 1! Congrats! Keep it goin!

Today starts the Karaoke Idol competition.. 9 pm tonight. I will be helping people sign up and tallying judge votes. I'm excited! Tomorrow night my friend D. has a wrestling show so I'll probably go to that. My roomies engagement party is on Saturday and so today the best man and I will be picking up decorations for the party. We're also having a get together for the Packer-Cowboys game on Sunday. My roommates are Cowboys fans and I'm of course a Packer fan so it will be fun! Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Whoever said they are bored when they don't work makes no sense to me. I ALWAYS find stuff to do. LOL But I did get that resume in for a job I would LOVE to have... I hope they want to interview me.

Well, off to my daily job search!

Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey, everyone! Wish I had time to chat, but I need to get packed for our trip. We're hoping to leave in an hour. (Yeah, right ) We're off to do our yearly trip to the "big city" for fun, frivolity and Christmas shopping and, for the first time ever, Thanksgiving turkey/fixin's shopping! Wish me luck!!

SillyFluff: My thoughts are with your grandpa, you and your family. Please keep us updated. I hope he is released soon!

Adios to everyone else! I have free Wi-Fi at our suite, so you'll see me later on this weekend!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello quick fly by for me, had an early meeting this morning and that has thrown off the rest of my day. Yesterday went okay, shouldn't have took DD2 with me to the University visit she was just too curious and wanted to be in the middle of everything. I think DS is starting to decide on which of the 4 schools he really wants to go to, now to see how the financial aspect goes is the real answer to where he is going to go, whichever one gives us the better deal is the one he is going to.

Have a good afternoon
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Well apparently they are releasing him today. I just got home from work and called my mother. I can't get on base so I can't go get him, I think my father is getting him.
Busy day for me today and tomorrow is gonna be even crazier. I have to sub for a 1st period class, I have my advisory kids at 10:00 and then I have a meeting at 11:15 and then I have to sub for a 4th period. I wonder if I can leave at 3:30 tomorrow since I'm going in way early. We shall see I guess. My principal has got me subbing alot now because she wants me to get "classroom experience" so it looks good on my resume. Hopefiully I'll have my own classroom next year.
Well I'm off to relax cuz i'm exhausted. Have a great evening ladies.
Closed Thread