South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey Wakey Wednesday!

Looks like another sunny day although it's still twilight out there. No wolves howling last night so I managed a good sleep until 5:30. I was even up before Jazz started his "I'm a baby puppy and I need love" crying.

This morning I have gym and then am off to town for a shop. I need some Christmas lights and other less exciting things like paper towels, TP and cleaning supplies. This afternoon I'll do some more organizing in the studio. I refuse to insert the drawers for the sewing table and dresser until I've sorted them out. There are fabric bills in there from 1983 - before some of you were born.

I hope your day is sunny, productive, healthy and maybe even fun!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth I want to lay i bed and listen to wolves.

We are off today and heading to the coast for a little birding and walking. Might be exhausting in the middle of the week but we couldn't resist.

Hope your hump day is smooth and sunny not lumpy and stormy
Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

We are off today too. Last night was a date night for us because Brad has duty on Saturday, so we bought frozen pizza and watched a movie. I had a couple of small pieces but thats the only thing off plan I had. Right back OP today though.
My honey is going fishing with his brother so I'm staying home. I don't mind his brother, but I don't want to deal with his wife. I'm not a big fan of hers after the way she treated my mother. I'll be civil but I don't have to like her.
It's raining out, so no walk today, but I will get on the exercise bike. I'm debating on going and putting some christmas stuff on layaway for my nieces and friends kids. Atleast if I go by myself, I can be in and out and done with it...if he goes I have a 'child' I have to deal with that plays with EVERYTHING.
We have a cake tasting today at 5pm. I think Brad is more excited about that than anything. LOL When it comes to cake, that man means business. He and I are still trying to decide if we want cupcakes or a cake we have to pay someone to cut. I personally want cup cakes for the wedding, but sadly, I've had alot of issues convincing others that its a good idea. Ah well, its my wedding, but everyone else is planning it.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ugh. Is it Friday yet?

It's raining here and all I want is to crawl back to bed and stay there all day. But if I want Friday off, I have to get through today.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Hi Ladies!

Sorry you couldn't crawl back under the blankets cottage. *hug* It will be worth it on Friday though.

Hi SillyFluff, what flavor(s) are you thinking of for your cupcakes/cake?
That was one detail we didn't plan - my best friend made us a beautiful cake, as our wedding gift. It was beautiful and tasted great and she cut and served it for us. But it was nerve wracking - I had no idea what it was going to look like until that afternoon. *gulp* lol

Cyndi have fun today.
It has been warm in Maine this week, but the TV says we're headed for more seasonable weather now. Good thing though - we need snow to lure the skiers and snowmobilers up here from MA and CT.

Good morning Ruth, you've got a busy day planned today.
We were living at Fort Polk, Louisiana and I was pregnant with our second child in 1983 - it seems like just yesterday to me. lol

No school today so I'm hoping to get caught up on the housework and laundry that I didn't get done this weekend. I need to do some cooking too, I like to have OP meals waiting in the fridge when I get home from school. I'm going to try to get a walk in, too. I really enjoyed walking with Rita yesterday but wow is my foot aching this morning. I'm seriously considering a visit to the podiatrist......
Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

I'm starting Phase I again today. Not necessarily to lose weight (although that is a bonus!), but to get my snacking under control again. Knowing I was doing this, I was really quite bad about snacking stuff the last couple
days . I want to make sure I don't gain weight at the holidays!!

I thought about not starting, since it's been a roller coaster of a week....the pup (I think her final name is Reese...short for Reeses....and if y'all know, my last name is Blizzard! Reese's blizzard, get it?!?! LOL) has an intestinal parasite, getting me up the last three nights to poop frequently, the son has been EVIL the last couple of nights, and then last night he (accidently) while jumping out of the back of the minivan, decided to close the overhead door. Except I wasn't out of the way yet. My head is a bit sore . But alas, we'll always have excuses, won't we? I'm actually looking forward to eating healthy.

See you 'round!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

Thanks, Ruth, for getting us started. I had already moved to Alaska in 1983. My first big step after graduation from college. I hope you get some more organizing done so you can get to enjoying your studio.

Cyndi, I'll look forward to your bird report.

Silly, enjoy your day at home. My wedding cake was small since my wedding was. I wanted to make my own Carrot Cake (since mine is soooo good), but my Bro said I was too controlling so we bought one. BTW, Kashi makes pizzas that are OP for P2. A few aren't so you have to look but I know the Margarita and Roasted Veg are. We just add extra OP ingredients. Enjoy your day off from work.

Cottage, sorry about the rain. I know you'll make the best of it. It's not long until Friday.

Heidi, enjoy your catch up day at home. Hope your foot isn't bugging you too much.

Me, had a bit of a sleepless night so I got up and worked in the kitchen a bit...got my 2nd biggest pumpkin processed before heading back to bed. Mom is coming over at 8 to make Chokecherry jelly. She eats a jar a week and is running out. I'm going to try my first home bath for Bing before she gets here. I've never had a dog small enough to try . I think we'll do fine. A medical appt at noon, then hopefully some time to myself.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/253/135

Height: 5'6"

SillyFluff-

I LOVE the idea of cupcakes!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #9  

Sillyfluff- have you seen the "skinny cow" wedding cakes? They look gorgeous and wont ruin your hard work loding the weight! I'll try find the link....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning and Happy Veteran's Day!

Ruth: Enjoy your shopping today! I'm sure you're glad to have an unplanned day spread out for your enjoyment. I hope it's great. And btw, I was born by 1983. I was two, thank you very much.

Cyndi: Enjoy the day off and your time out birding. I hope you and DW have a wonderful day!

SillyFluff: Have fun (but not too much fun) at the cake tasting! Oh, and take it from me; make your wedding YOUR wedding. I'm not saying go all out bridezilla, but one of my biggest regrets about our nuptials is letting others influence me into making decisions that I otherwise wouldn't have. Surf the web and find some pics of elegant wedding cupcake towers (there's several cupcake blogs out there with good ones) and print out the best ones. That may go a long way in convincing naysayers!

Cottage: Sending you lots of good thoughts today. I'm sure you'll get through the day and enjoy your reward of a long weekend.

Heidi: Good luck getting all the chores done. I've got a lot to do, but would rather spend the day crocheting or surfing the net. What kind of pain are you having in your foot? I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it is pretty much gone as a result of losing weight. There were times after workouts that I couldn't walk for a day, but there's really nothing that can be done besides letting it heal on its own. One of the great things about losing weight is that a lot of our aches and pains are lost with it!

Twynn: Reeses Blizzard; too cute! Enjoy your time on P1. One of the best things about getting back on track for me is not feeling guilty every other time I eat something. I hope the soreness in your head goes away soon (and that DS's evil side slinks away!)

Lexxiss: Thanks for reminding me! I have one more pumpkin that I need to process before we leave tomorrow morning. Good luck with Bing's bath!

Today's to-do list looks like this:
  • Breakfast/Dishes; done
  • Check in on 3FC; done
  • Pick-up house; done
  • Fold and put away laundry; done
  • Prep kitchen; done
  • Prime kitchen; done
  • Finish laundry for the weekend; done
  • Work out; done
  • Pack; doing that tomorrow morning
  • Put kitchen back together; done
  • Clean out fridge; doing that tomorrow morning
  • Process pumpkin (thanks, Lexxiss!); doing that tomorrow morning

Thank goodness we have today off, but I don't know why I left so much to do the day before we left. I guess I didn't have a choice since I just got back into town on Sunday. Oh well. It's that time of year! I just hope I get it all done so I can relax this Sunday when we get back. Okay, off to pick up the house!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #11  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good morning!

Not feeling talkative yet, but wanted to at least pop in and say hi!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Wow, you've got a busy day planned today Debbie! I hope you sleep better tonight. *hug*

I'll be anxious to hear how Bing's bath goes. Our dachshunds have had very few baths, they hate them and they're pretty good about keeping themselves clean so I've always just done occasional sponge baths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
What kind of pain are you having in your foot? I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it is pretty much gone as a result of losing weight. There were times after workouts that I couldn't walk for a day, but there's really nothing that can be done besides letting it heal on its own. One of the great things about losing weight is that a lot of our aches and pains are lost with it!
Hi Kim - your list of things to do is much longer than mine. I'm feeling better about all the stuff I have to do now. lol

My husband and I were moving some things in the barn this summer and dropped a 4x4 on on my left foot and fractured the 3 middle metatarsals. They're healed now but while I was healing I did this weird walk - not a limp or anything - but I was putting all my weight on the ball of my foot and I caused big problems with the joint in my big toe. I've had bunions since I was a teenager, but now the one on my left foot is huge and it's hot and inflamed all the time. (Well not ALL the time, but it sure feels like it. lol) I'm using gel spacers, special inserts in my shoes, and I paid big bucks for brooks motion control walking shoes to help with the pain. All these things have helped some, but I'm just getting tired of hurting.

Hi Jenn79

Good morning Gothik - have a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-11-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi! Crazy!!
Happy Veterans Day!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
I'll be anxious to hear how Bing's bath goes.
Heidi, it went great!!! I've never had a small dog before. It was sooo fun-don't know if Bing would think so but I had a great time!

Hi Jenn & Meelsie

Kim, I like your list. Hope everything is getting crossed off today.

Gothik, whats up in your world today?

Kierie, thanks for always stopping to say hi even when you're busy.

The rest of my day went pretty smooth, too. I really hope this is a good sign since I have such a busy week next week. I'm taking advantage of my afternoon at home and am hangin on the couch with Bing.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

hey chickies how is everyone doing. I'm still sick but getting better. Will go to drs tomorrow for a checkup and if better she will give me the regular flu shot. So she recommended a cough syrup for me called Linkus with is made of herbs said it might be hard to find. DH went to several pharmacies, a homopath store and health food stores no syrup. When I goggled, it said available in Moscow, Kiev, Pakistan, - yah, right.
I have real strange eating habits right now, had oatmeal for supper. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.
take care
Sophie
Hope to
Closed Thread