South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Coffee's on!

All the cold and flu germs that have been floating around have finally gotten hold of me. I've been coughing and sneezing like mad, and have a persistant headache to go with it. At least I don't have a fever, so I can still go to work. It's rough, though, and I put in a 10 hour day yesterday. I'm glad I'm home this morning, and am going to try to rest as much as possible and drown myself with coffee and tea.

Kim, it's good to see you again, and I wish you and your DH much success on becoming parents. I know you'll be the perfect mommy & daddy.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-10-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  
Be happy.

*hug* I hope you feel better soon.

I've got a long day ahead of me but the bright spot is my first walk with my new walking partner Rita. I'm really counting on walking with a friend to help me really get back into walking again.... It's a beautiful day today too.

Have a nice Tuesday ladies!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw shucks, Cottage! I hope you didn't catch it from me! My "thing" is still hanging on - not really sick but a bit draggy. Rest and tea gets old after a while.

Today is a free day! I may not even go out for the mail but will spend the time organizing my quilting studio. The lads moved everything downstairs last night except for the drawers from the sewing table and chest. They are a hodge podge of regular sewing stuff and quilting things so I need to sort them before they are put in place.

It looks like another great Indian Summer day is going to happen. I may force myself to leave the quilting stuff and do some outside work today. The cushions are still on the wicker on the front porch so I may have afternoon tea out there and try to figure out where and how to hang the Christmas lights and garlands.

I hope your Tuesday is as terrific as possible.

Edited to Add: Good morning, Heidi. I've been meaning to say how much I love the smile I get every time I see your avatar! Enjoy your walk - I need a walking companion. My four-legged ones are not very chatty.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Wish I could send you a big pot of garlic soup. It's my substitute for chicken soup and really helps with the ickys. I hope the fever stays away and the rest is scared off by coffee.

Heidi - Enjoy your walk! Is it warm in Maine today too? We are having such nice weather right now I'm enjoying every day of it.

Ruth - I know you will make the most of your free day Sounds lovely.

Kim - It's nice to see you back here. I've missed you. Not to sound like a broken record (does anyone even know what those are anymore?!) but you and DH will be great parents to some lucky child(ren).

Kierie - I saw you! Are there going to be pictures in that dress we've heard about?

Sophie - hope today is a healthier day for you. Hmm, wish I could just upload a big pot of garlic broth for everyone!

Found out yesterday they decided to fill that job I interviewed for as an "entry level" job. I guess in the end money was the biggest factor Nothing else on the horizon right now but I'll keep looking.

It's going to be a long day because I have a late afternoon meeting. I'm definitely going to get out for a walk this afternoon. Have to enjoy the weather while I can (and before the hill is too slippery!).
Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- I hope you feel better soon and don't get the fever.

Heidi- Enjoy your walk today- always nice to have a partner- I call people and talk while I walk makes it go quicker that way. My mom and dad always know I am on my walk when I call

Ruth- Enjoy your free day you deserve it- hope you get everything organized.

Cyndi- Sorry to hear that they filled the position with entry level, seems to happen a lot. Enjoy your day.

Today trying to get lots done at work today and then tonight is BL and Laundry. I took tomorrow off so that I could go with DS to a preview day at another University and it's Veterans Day and I don't get it off unless I ask for it. Phase 1 went well yesterday feel so much better now that I am back on track with eating- I think I will do for a couple of days and then move back into Phase 1.5

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome back!

Cottage: Sorry to hear that you've come down with the bug. I hope it's mild and passes quickly. Thanks so much for the warm wishes!

Heidi: I don't think we've "met" yet, so it's nice to meet you! Enjoy your walk with your friend. Workouts pass so much more quickly with a friend.

Good morning, Ruth. It sounds like you may have another reno project going on. Enjoy the warm day!

Cyndi: Sorry to hear about the job. I will keep my fingers crossed that there is another one waiting around the corner for you. Enjoy your long, warm walk! Thanks for your kind words. It's going to be a long journey to parenthood, but I think we're ready for it. I know that you and the other ladies here will be a great support to me through it all!

Pearl: Great job getting back on P1 after your vacation. That's always such a hard thing to do! Enjoy your time with DS at the preview day. What an exciting time!

Things are going well this morning. I got up again and got a great workout in. It is wonderful to get it out of the way so early and know that it's taken care of. I will probably stick to this plan throughout the winter.

Tomorrow is a holiday for DH and I and boy, do we have a lot to do. I'm planning on priming the kitchen in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon we're going to install our new storm door and fix our fence that was broken last week. (40 mph sustained winds w/ 60 mph gusts. )

My eating is still off track, but I'm working towards cleanliness. I think I'll do P1 next week after we return from our weekend away. I'll be nice and clean just in time for Thanksgiving. At least we're on our own this year, so I can make what I want and not eat what I want without being guilted to death by family.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #7  

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am just popping my head in every now and then, not technically SB-ing as I can just afford packet soups and toast etc for the next little while (yep, love life) but still want to remind myself not to go too mad and go off track completely.

I'm managing to stay away from carbs in the afternoons which I feel is making a difference, and i'm still taking my Apple Cider Vinegar tablets which is making a big difference in my skin and appetite, and the peppermint tea which has definitely made a difference to bloating, and a hot drink in the afternoon rather than comfort foods like chocolate is a good habit for me to be getting into.

Everyone sounds nice and busy which IS GREAT! Feel better to all those who have been struck down with some early sniffles. Get some soup! The garlic soup sounds great!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Day Everyone

Soon it will be lunchtime on the East Coast. I was up for awhile in the middle of the night, then woke up late so I've been busy getting everything done at home so I can go to work for a bit then head to Denver for some exercise and a picnic.

Cottage, Get to feeling better soon!

Heidi, so glad to hear of your new walking partner. It makes all the difference in the world.

Ruth, enjoy your free day!!!!!

Cyndi, sorry to hear you did not get the job, but the right thing will happen. :hugs:

Pearlrose, good job getting back on track.

KimStar, I love getting my exercise done in the morning!

Meelsie, good to hear from you.

Time to dress and get a move on. I need to be to work in 25 minutes. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

another busy day for me and a meeting about a poss side project
just a fly by
Cyn Hook us up with the garlic soup recipe sounds DIVINE!
Will post some recipes later I made a muffin that tastes like a McGriddle!
mmmm
ok BYE!
Kierie
Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Afternoon, Beachers!

The morning and afternoon went so quickly! I started (late) a fantasy football team and so I spent the morning lookin over the draft picks I got. Pretty good starting line up. Have a couple reserves to drop for other reserves. I'll know if I get the ones I want on Thursday. We're not really taking this too seriously this year. Most of us in the league haven't played before so we wanted to see how it works and then start one next year. SQUEE! I'm having so much fun!

Did a little window shopping, paid bills and got groceries for the week. I'm broke again til next Tuesday but I have food, gas and a roof over my head and so does my kitty so I really can't complain too much. Tonight I will do a job search and finish the application for the job I was looking at yesterday. The resume and cover letter are done but they want my entire work history. UGH.

Creamy Chicken and Broccoli bake for din din tonight. Twill be yummEE.

Have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread