S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: November 9- November 15

New pages!!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #2  

Slow day. I've eaten all I should eat today and it's only 4PM. Water from now on!

But, I went to spinning so I do have a little room to eat something. This is a long day for me and I have to go to a convocation at 5:30. On Wednesday evening I'm giving the convocation address...8 minutes of fame!

I hope everyone is well.

to Maryann.

Rhonda
Old 11-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're always famous with me. Sounds like you have a full day. I did a little but nothing like a spinning class.

Where is everyone? I hope you're all out there making healthy choices.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a very busy day and Thank goodness, it took my mind off of the loneliness.

Our friend from England left yesterday afternoon.

Had to go back to the Soc Security office to sign up for the widows benefits than to the car & house insurance company to change over the account into my name.

My friends and I are going to the movies on Friday to see the movie Amelia and than on Sunday to see the play Oliver at the Falmouth theater. So I should be fine,with all that activity around.

Got on the scale and I stayed the same from two week ago,and all the eating out I thought I'd be a whale by now but I still t the 167 mark.

Hopefully I'll be back on the thread very soon.Have a great evening.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, so far today I've made good choices. I walked this morning and have stayed core so far. Tonight I'm going to eat out with my sis and neice. Hopefully I'll find something core to eat.

Maryann, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad your friends are planning some activities for you. Now is the time to really lean on them. I know you would do the same for them if roles were reversed.

Rhonda, two celebrities on our board. I guess being famous runs in families!

GTG to my Monday night Bible study. I'll check in later. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Maryann, it's good to see you here. We've all been wondering how you were doing. Sounds like your friends are there for you. That's good. Sloan's right. Let them help you. You'd do the same for them.

Congratulations on staying the same. I know it's important to feel the control that gives you. You're doing well.

Sloan, my choices could have been better today but they weren't too bad. I am hungry tonight wanting something sweet. So far, I'm resisting.

I am subbing Algebra I the next couple of days. That'll keep me busy and out of the kitchen.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #7  

Good to see you back Maryann...and, good for you for not letting the awful loneliness send you to the kitchen.

Sloan, I'll let Sandra be the famous one. I'm going to be 7 minutes short of Andy Warhol's test of 15 minutes!

I'm going to bed...just had a bowl of home made veggie soup.

Rhonda
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

I don't feel very famous, but thank ya'll anyway. We are in the process of filling out the registration forms for Indoor Nationals in Louisville, KY. The championship is mid-March but we're not ones to delay.

Eating was all right tonight. Tomorrow should be easier as I'll be subbing. A neighbor brought over some goodies today. That was a temptation that I couldn't pass up. I only had a little, though, and that's amazing for me. (Remember I'm a foodaholic.)
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #9  

Rhonda, congrats on only having the soup. You'll be famous to us even if you are not world famous!

Sandra, Algebra I would not only keep me busy, it would keep me awake at night. Good luck!

I stayed mostly core for dinner. Not bad for eating out. I'm so sleepy!!

Night, night chicks!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #10  

Reporting in:

I've been to aerobics in the park, and so far I've had:

ww toast and 1/2 avocado
skim milk
banana
coffee with whole milk

I've got a goal to lose 2 pounds this week...I'm trying for 1600 calories a day of CORE food and the usual amount of wild and crazy exercise.

Rhonda
Old 11-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

I just made the BEST soup! I really wanted to make a lentil soup, but could not find a mix at the grocery store. I did find Red Mill vegetable soup mix -- its basically dried veggies and beans. I cooked it in my pressure cooker -- sauteed onions and celery then added in chicken sausage. Cooked that for a few minutes, added 1 cup of the mix and 4 cups liquid (used 1/2 beef stock and 1/2 water). I then cooked it on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once done I added in a can of chopped tomatoes. The beans broke down and the soup is nice and thick and creamy!! I'm thrilled. The bag of mix will probably make 4 or 5 more pots. Just had to share!

Hope you are all having a great day.

Maryann, glad to see you posting again. I've been keeping you in mythoughts.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had another busy day but I did manage to get down to the beach and got 20 mins of walking done.

My DD & DS are coming to visit me tomorrow for the burial on Thursday morning,but we still have a problem with the kids being sick.Unfortunately her MIL and SIL won't be there to help,so she might not being coming up,until, Thursday Morning.

SLOANE-I'm very fortunate having such wonderful friends up here on the cape,just like the ones here on the core thread. One of them just called and will be there at the burial.She told me if I don't have any of my family there she will take me to the cemetery.

SANDRA-I'm holding up,by being strong for the outside world but I can cry and talk to Leo all I want indoors. That's what my friends & family told me to do,as there were there themselves.Yes, I'll lean on them,and I will survive. Thanks for being so concerned.

RHONDA-No so far I keeping my nibbling at bay. Not going to use this opportunity to get back in the 170's again.Its not as bad as I thought I think Leo is looking down and taking care of me from a far. I having problems trying to find things and all I have to do is call out his name and I find the things miraculously.

PAULA-Thanks,I'm trying hard to keep focused. We have a pressure cooker don't know if I will be using it again. I will be cooking for myself as I have so many WW cookbooks that have wonderful recipes in them that I love to make for myself. My friends all on frozen entrees every day but they have too much sodium for me,so I rather cook for myself.

Have a nice evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #13  

Hey chicks! DD has resolved her problems with her ex. He has already moved on and has another girlfriend! What a creep! Anyway, DH and I were supposed to go to East Tennessee today, but we worked on the house instead. We did a lot of little jobs, but they kept us busy all day. Eating has been okay, but I did have fried chicken for lunch. I pulled the skin off, so I hope that was not too bad.

Maryann, I love how you are talking to Leo. I think that is great! I hope your kids arrive safely. I know you will be glad to spend time with them. I'll be prayin'

Rhonda, I'm cheering you on to the two pound loss! Go, go, go

Paula, the soup sounds good. I might just try it this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!!

Last edited by sloanie; 11-10-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

Maryann, one thing my mom started doing was to cook a dinner, have enough for one meal and one left over meal and then she freezes a meal or two. She does lable and date the entrees. Just a thought. I'm gald you have good freinds on the cape. I do home your DD and DS get there without any problems. Take care.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Maryann, it sounds like you're a smart lady. Strong, too.

Rhonda, you're my idol. I want to be as dedicated to exercise as you.

Sloan, I'm glad all is well with dd. I have Algebra I again tomorrow. (Tests both days so it's been easy.)