Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Manic Monday 11/09

Hey girls, I hope it's ok that I start this thread....I'm about to start getting everyone ready, and I have to work today. I did excellent last week if I may say so without sounding prideful I stayed on plan all week, and ended up losing 4.6 lbs I'm so excited! We are doing the biggest loser challenge at church and there are 10 ladies doing it. We lost a total of 35 lbs this past week! It's so exciting to see everyone so happy and feeling good about themselves.

Anyway, since i have to work today ( my only day to work outside the home ) I'm having a big ole salad for lunch. I'm doing Atkins so, low carbs for me.

See u all tonight!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! Yes, lots2go, always okay to start us off! Thanks!! Big congrats on staying OP all week and coming away with some fruits of your labors.

I can't say that I was OP yesterday at all. We traveled and I ate at Chinese Buffet for lunch...then we had Arby's in the car on the way home. Maybe I would've been okay...but I had 3 small roast beef sandwiches. Boo.

Up and at 'em at 5:45 today - on the treadmill for 40 minutes, a little stretching, shower, recieved the daycare baby, then off to the Chiropractor - back home, breakfast (banana and 2 slices home made honey flax bread) coffee...coffee...coffee... And I need to do some serious laundry today. Our floor drain in the basement was backing up every time I did a load...got that fixed Friday so time to catch up.

I have a rotisserie chicken in the fridge for lunch - maybe some nuggets for the kiddies. Gotta get in the fridge and see if the asparagus and broccoli I bought last week are still any good. Last week was difficult in the sleep department and consequently I didn't cook as well as I should have.

Happy Monday everyone!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday!

I did eat cake at (BOTH) parties, but I did keep it to small pieces...I also didn't totally binge the rest of the time because of giving in on one thing...so that's a minor victory.

I weighed myself Saturday (now my official weigh-in day for myself) and I'm down just over a pound...now at 196.2, so I'm still heading downward. I think I worked out too much last week (2 or 3 times a day) and burned out. I did no workouts this weekend. I'm going to cut back a bit and see if that helps me keep it up through the weekend better.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jen
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

So, after I posted in the weekend thread on Saturday night, I spilled a glass of wine on my laptop and fried it. FML.

Yesterday my BFF and I took the day off of funeral planning. Because her Dad is being cremated we're having the funeral later on this month instead of right away. It gives family a chance to get here, since we are really off the beaten path, I mean, really really off the beaten path and its expensive to get here.

Yesterday I did stellar in the food department. I was way under calories thanks to no appitite. I did have a bloody mary at the bar in the afternoon though. Its a Sunday tradition. Three of my good friends are bartenders, and I used to be a bartender so I've been doing Sunday bloody's at 2pm for a while now.

Tonight I have class, and I also have my son home from school because he has an earache that kept him up all night. Oh, yeah, that too, I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night total. My food plans for today are soupy...yes, I made soup. So I'll be eating that till its gone. yum.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Lots! WTG on dropping 4.6 lbs. Is this your first week on LC? I've been doing a LC diet for just over 2 weeks now and am down 8.5. What version are you doing?

Mort- How is your DS? I was always the one that had to clean up the puke too. DH would puke just smelling it.

Mango- I am so sorry about your friend's dad. I'll be thinking about you guys. My FIL had a stroke just over a week ago. So sad.

Everyone elese- keep up the good work!

Me- I've been so busy but I did manage to get all of my Christmas decorations out. DH always throws a fit! LOL because I put my stuff out before Thanksgiving. BUT I love my Christmas stuff and want to enjoy it longer than 4 weeks.
I also go to go Christmas shopping on Friday all by myself. *woot-woot* Then I realized I left my list at the house. *boo* but got most of what I had written down on the list. I have it all safely tucked away in my new hiding place. Last year DH and DD found my spot. This year it is in my chest, it has a lock on it. It can still be opened but you have to turn it a certain way. I put everything at the bottom of the chest and piled all the blankets back on top in the same order. LOL If they find that spot next year I will have to resort to keeping it at someone else's house.

I have exercise class tonight that I am thinking about ditching. I REALLY need to get to the store and DD has been begging for me to play the Wii with her. If I spend time with her and play the Wii I will still be moving. If I exercise I won't get to the store, nor will I get to spend time with her.

Doing good in the food dept. Staying away from what I am not supposed to have. It's hard but I think in the long run it will be worth it. I *want* so badly to be under 200. And not just for a moment but for the long run.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

hi squeak this is my first week on LC I'm doing Atkins, at least until Thanksgiving, then we'll see where I go from there. The last time I lost using Atkins I stayed OP for about a month and then switched to calorie counting, and continued to lose.

What did you do about the exercise class? I vote staying home w/ your dd

I wanna get my stuff out for Christmas soon, hopefully this week. I did do Christmas shopping, but we do layaway, so it's hidden until the middle of Dec
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

I didn't end up doing either exercise. DD and I just stayed home and chilled. We keep the couch company and both of us cuddled up together watching the Food Network and Animal Planet.

I am doing The Metabolism Miracle Diet. After phase 1 I can eat carbs again. I am longing for the day I can eat fruit again. That's the part I miss the most is my fruit.

>fruitaholic< here! lol
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote