Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink My scale break...

is going well!!!!! You know I figured out that weighing myself ONCE a day is not the problem... it's weighing myself 20 times a day So the scale is downstairs in the laundry room and I've only weighed myself once since last friday (this morning...) and I'm pretty proud that I've abstained from freaking out about it! (incidentally this morn was 220.4 and I got my period yesterday... so that is GREAT as I normally go up 2-3 lbs)

I'm feeling so good about this I might just keep my scale down there and only weigh in the mornings from now on!

Obsession is not working for me when it comes to the scale... food? yes. Scale? no. lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree. I too had to break the scale obsession a few months back and I am better off for it. Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #3  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Yay! Unlike you, i'm terrified to check on my weight. haha, congratulations though!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #4  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

I just can't stand it, I need to know, so the best I can do is to go a couple of days between weigh-ins, and I only do that occasionally, when I know I'm right on plan, and my body is just being ornery about releasing the poundage. It drives me crazy, because when I do manage to go a few days, I'm usually happy with the results, but I just can't do that very often. I admire your ability to do it!
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I often go days if not weeks without getting on it...basically I don't really care what it says, as long as my clothes keep getting bigger. And I'm now in an L instead of an XL...L rocks.

(Keep the food obsession though!)
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post

(Keep the food obsession though!)
Dedication. Dedication is the term I prefer. Obsession has a bit of a negative connotation to it. Dedication - well it's all positive. And what could be more positive then staying on top of ones health and well being? Nothing negative there.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-04-2009 at 07:58 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Hmm, maybe I just have Dedicated/Compulsive Disorder...hey that sounds a lot better.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

I like the sounds of dedicated/compulsive disorder.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Just a warning here

When I went to OA many years ago and lost 130lbs, the program did not focus on weight, but on abstaining from compulsive overeating; so, I weighed once a month and when I reached goal (130lbs) I decided not to weigh at all. I didn't weigh for 3 years and had been on another diet and stepped on the scale and I had gained 70lbs. I was in a state of shock. I didn't weigh again for 8 years and by then I was 240lbs. I didn't even have a scale in my house. I had to weigh on a public scale. I'm just saying that if you go by your clothes or by some other arbitrary measurement, the "fat" mind will fool itself. My personal opinion is that you must weigh at least once a month for the rest of your life. And if you find yourself gaining, weigh once a week or more. When it comes to food we cannot trust ourselves. It's an addiction.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 AM   #10  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I like the sounds of dedicated/compulsive disorder.
i like that a whole lot better than O.C.D. lol thats what my sister tells me i have because i weigh myself every morning after i pee because im convinced thats when im at my lightest...

well im happy there are others who have dedicated/compulsive disorder i dont feel so alone. And i see some of you have kicked the habbit i wish i could but not nowing my weight scares me so i rather know it weather it be god or bad hey one day ill get better...lol well at least thats what i tell my sister its a good kind of complultion lol
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #11  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

It's especially impossible for me to keep off the scale right now, since as of this morning, my BMI is 30.03, and I am SO CLOSE to dropping out of the obesity range. On the other hand, being SO CLOSE is keeping me almost fanatically on plan. Once I get there, I don't plan on slacking, but I do plan on getting the heck off the scale for a day or two, since at some point, my weight is going to bounce back a pound or two before resuming the downward path, as it always does, and when I'm hovering around some recently accomplished goal, that temporary bounce back makes me nuts.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I weigh frequently. I tried to "scale back" and only get on every 3-4 days but I decided to continue daily weighins when my weight crept up a couple of pounds. It keeps me accountable more so than the weekly route.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

My scale is at my sister's house so I can't get on it everyday. Once a week is way better for me, but I think this month I am going to wait and see if I reach my Thanksgiving goal.

I think once I am maintaining I will keep up the once a week or once every two week weighing, since in the past I have stopped completely... and you can tell by my ticker where that got me.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #14  
NEVER EVER going back

confession: Tammy sneaks downstairs and weighs herself... BUT it's not as aften as I was when it was in the kitchen so that's a start right??? lol!

This morning I was 219.4 again... so there's another few in there just waiting to whoosh off! That makes me excited.

And I am FAR too scale addicted to stay off of it for more than a few days... even if I was gaining weight (which I won't) morbid curiosity would get the better of me