Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Okay, so I introduced myself a little while ago and kinda vanished (breifly, but too long for me)...I really need this group to keep me going...

I am going to the gym for the big post-Thanksgiving weigh in. I was so sick over Thanksgiving, so I don't think I did that bad, I did weigh myself last Monday and I was up one pound I started my period today so I'm not expecting great results this week either...sigh...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #32  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hello!!! again to Toni and EmilyMay

Hi guys
I am doing ok today. I think my weight has dropped a bit. I will weigh in the am but after eating and drinking all day today I am back down to 339. Cross your fingers! *L* I have to go and put laundry away and get supper ready before hubby gets in from work. I will talk to you all later tonight!

Brenda
Old 12-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #33  
Releasing the inner hiker

Hello all,

Had a great WI this morning, down 4lbs from last week. Just 1 more pound and I will have gotten rid of the 6 I regained.

Just a few short personals before I grade some World War I exams.

Erica, personally, I was a mess during my college years. Emotions were all over the place and I spent mucho time in bed crying for various reasons. I really think the emotional rollercoaster is typical of college years. Financial, school, and emotional stresses seem to collide at once. Hang in there.

Brenda, I'm hoping for a great WI for you!

Annie, congrats on the exercise today. I wish I could do water aerobics, but there is not a gym nearby with a pool. Just Curves and Golds.

Toni, my sister lives in Harrisburg and I grew up in PA. Welcome and good luck!

Have a good day tomorrow, ladies. Apologies to those I've overlooked...it is not personal.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jen -- What grade/topics do you teach? I'm a psych professor and grading is my LEAST favorite job to do.

WELCOME and WELCOME back!!

If you're new here and trying to get yourself jump started you could help yourselves and this group by adding some exercise to your program! It doesn't have to be a lot... the 300+ group has an exercise thread and we are trying to complete our challenge to exercise 200,000 minutes this year. We are within range, but are behind in reaching our goal. Even if you only exercised for 100 minutes in December, it could help. Check out the exercise thread stickied at the top of the page. Read the opening message and jump in!

And as for those of you already signed up... what are you doing reading this?? Should YOU be exercising right now???
Old 12-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #35  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – Fantastic on the one mile bike ride and checking out the pool! That is so cool.

Zelma – You have quite a busy time coming up, but then 7 weeks off – I am so jealous! I remember the point when I was young that I realized adults didn’t get summer vacation like you do in school and how unfair that seemed to me. I hope you don’t get too worn out with everything you have to do in the next few days. Did you do that radio show yet? If so, how did it go?

Jill – One thing I am so looking forward to about being smaller again is being able to take real baths. The only way I can get a really good soak now is in one of those big Jacuzzi tubs, and that is a very rare treat. That was amazing that you weren’t tempted to take the easy way out after your dinner failed the other night. I love spicy food so I might have liked it.

EmilyMay – Welcome back! It is good to see you again. No matter how long you are away and for whatever reason, you are always welcome back here. It is definitely a completely open door policy. I am sorry to heat about your father in law – I hope he is recovering.

Sharon – I hope Aiden is ok. I am sure he is enjoying the pampering, but must not like having to sit out on the play time. How long will that take to heal?

Patti – Definitely one day at a time. Each day is a new day. I am feeling some “Annie” coming on . . . “the sun will come out. . . “

Lori – Sleeping in your own bed after being away has to be one of the greater pleasures in life. You normally have your Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving? I am in awe! Don’t be too stressed about it, there is still plenty of time.

Toni – A pound over the holiday is not so bad, especially if you are on your period. Don’t let it get you down.

Brenda – I forgot to tell you that you looked great in those pictures! I LOVE that top. I am seriously thinking about taking a day trip up to Canada just to shop at Penningtons. Seriously. Montreal is only about 5 hours away . . .hmmmmm . . .

Jen – Congrats on the great weigh in. All that hiking is paying off!

My BF is trying to do more things for me (since I have been getting on his case) and he is cooking dinner the next few nights. This is mixed for me as I am really glad he is taking the initiative and cooking, but I am worried about the calorie content of what he will produce. He totally loves butter and doesn’t have any qualms about using lots of it. Oh well. I will just have to watch my portion sizes.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #36  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi gals, not much to report on myself but wanted to get a few personals in:

to Emily and Toni!!!

jilly - Great job handling the unexpected change in dinner plans. I had to laugh because as I was reading about your chicken with pineapple salsa I was thinking, "Ooooo, that sounds SO good." And then you said you hated it and had to throw it out! I wonder if I would have liked it since I do like spicy foods. I should check out the specialty salsas at Whole Foods and Central Market (dont have TJ's here) because what could be easier than chicken and salsa and it would be fun to try different interesting ones. Hmmmm...you've got me thinkin'!

Sharon - Ouchie for your poor little boy's toe. Sounds so painful! Hope he feels better soon.

That's all I have time for now. TAke care all. G'night!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #37  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

emilymay--welcome back! You've got a GREAT outlook about seeing an overall downward trend rather than expecting consistent rapid weight loss.

Sharon--I have broken my little pinky toe a couple of times, and that hurt soooo bad...I can't even imagine what poor Aiden must be going through! You don't realize how much you use your toes until one is broken and you feel it every step...hope he gets better soon!

futurediva--hi!

Annie--I just have to say that it's so great to have you back here...you're always so positive and supportive

wezi--ya know, I overslept this morning, too! I didn't get my usual exercise in and then had to rush to get breakfast and get eady and get to work on time (I was actually a couple minutes late, but I'm the first one in the office, so no one knows when I'm late...sssh, don't tell ).

Toni--ugh, Thanksgiving followed by TOM...talk about a 1-2 punch weight-wise! I don't think very many can survive that combo

Brenda--congrats on the weight dropping! I'm sure you're in for a great morning weigh-in!

Alice--congrats on the -4!

Heather--I didn't post any exercise minutes for today, but I plan on doing double tomorrow to make up for it. I actually made the conscious decision to go back to sleep when my alarm went off instead of getting up to exercise and planned on working out after work, but then I ended up working late (go figure). But I WILL make my December goal!

Nancy--my parents remodeled their bathroom and put in an extra deep oval tub...sooooo nice! Of course, I'm always so rushed to do everything and see everyone when I am up there (since I only get up there maybe twice a year) that I never have time to really enjoy it. Someday...

Xena--ha, that's about all I make is chicken with some sort of sauce. I'm not particularly creative in the kitchen, so things with very few ingredients are my friends I do like some spicy foods, but this was like completely flavorless and only hot. I literally could not even taste the pineapple when I ate just a pineapple chunk...it was crazy!

As for me, I have to pat myself on the back yet again. I made dinner tonight--a pot of whole wheat spaghetti with a jar of marinara sauce, a tub of brushetta, and a bag of frozen thaw-and-serve shrimp. It was SO good! Anyway, I had a plate of it, and I had made the whole box of pasta, so I knew there was a lot left. Jeff went back for seconds...and thirds I sat on the couch for a few minutes seriously contemplating seconds. Then I took a moment to really think about whether or not I was actually still hungry...I wasn't. No seconds for me

4 days. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's how many consecutive days I have been perfectly on-plan food-wise. I have not so much as had an extra glass of juice, seconds at dinner, a single cookie, or even a single M&M (as cookies and candy are offered to me just about every time I turn around at work). I've lost 7 pounds in that time (mostly fluid, I know, but still encouraging).

Oh, and on the professional front, the girl who does all the administrative stuff for my group quit today, so I get to take whatever responsibilities of hers I'd like to take over (she will be replaced, but I specifically asked if I could take on her marketing-related tasks). I've been kinda bored lately, so now I'll be coordinating any conferences/trade shows we attend, setting up open houses, coordinating advertising (radio ads, billboard truck, etc.), and things like that. I'll also have my review soon, so I'll hopefully be getting a raise before too long.
YAY!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #38  

Jill-- 4 DAYS ON PLAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
I've watched you struggle with this a lot and am so happy to see you succeeding!

Why now, do you think??
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Toni: Welcome back. Jump right in.

Brenda: Yea, Down is down.

AliceEep: another 4 down is awesome! Way to go.

Jillybean: I am so proud of you. 4 days is amazing. Every day matters and you are doing so well. I hope you get a wonderful review at work and a huge raise!

Well, all of Wyllen's exercise thread is finally sinking in. I have been doing all that I am allowed and fudging a bit more right now and I wasn't going to post my tiny little bit but I guess I will each week if every minute counts. I'll go ahead and post.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #40  

Quote:
Well, all of Wyllen's exercise thread is finally sinking in. I have been doing all that I am allowed and fudging a bit more right now and I wasn't going to post my tiny little bit but I guess I will each week if every minute counts. I'll go ahead and post.
Woohoo!!! WTG Annie!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:23 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Jilly, I'm SO pleased you are back on track, the 'wanting' seconds gets me too, is it hunger or gluttony? I'm afraid with me it's the latter, lol! ANY weight lost is good, if you'd not dieted again how much COULD you have gained? WTG, I really hope you have 'clicked' this time.xxxx
Annie, great on that exercise, I must add my minutes in now.xxxx
AlieEP, a loss at this time of year, WTG!!!!!xxxx
Brenda, WTG too, I hope you can lay off baking, at least until nearer Christmas, & you will see fantastic results I KNOW! Baking is the deil's work, at least temptation-wise, lol!xxxxx
Toni, WELCOME, just tell us your hopes, struggles & anything really!!!!lol xxxx
Manda, I understand your crying, better out than in! At least she has an idea of the emotional turmoil you are going through, guys seem TOTALLY oblivious to our ups & downs. I'm sure soon you will feel more settled. Get a Christmas tree & decorate it, it will make it feel more like 'home' & give you something to smile about, hugsxxxxx

Nancy, you might be pleasantly suprised with his cooking, I read some research about fats and satisfaction, though LOTS of fat is bad, a little makes it taste better AND 'fills' you up quicker! If in doubt ask him to use olive oil or buy some low fat butter type stuff for him to use. I'm so glad he is trying & things are looking up gor you.xxxxx
Wyllen, hope things calm down a bit for you, sre your food choices getting any better? Hope they are YOU are suich an inspiration!xxxxx
Well I got on the scales & it looks like I've lost about 4lbs!!!! After the gain on Friday I said s*d it!!! and ate like a pig, well not as bad as I used to be, lol! I cooked lobster thermidor from scratch ( never done it before but I love it when we eat out) it was fantastic, shame about the cals/fat! Still I wonder if the fat & different foods have 'shocked' my body into a loss? I have been OP since Monday & will be adding walking minutes & exercise minutes to the thread later. This 'suprise' has boosted me into MORE efforts with exercise AND food choices.
Aiden just has to rest his foot, a couple of weeks & it will be healed, the joys of youth!!lol AMMI is ok, just busy getting ready for Christmas, she had a loos and needs to lose 7lbs to get her 100lbs off!!!!!!!! I emailed her to make sure everything was ok, so no one worry, she's just busy!!! Roll-on the holidays, lol, just cooking to do then, oh & washing up, tidying up......sigh, lol!
xxxxxsharon
Old 12-06-2006, 05:12 AM   #42  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
Jill-- 4 DAYS ON PLAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
I've watched you struggle with this a lot and am so happy to see you succeeding!

Why now, do you think??
haha, I have no idea I haven't had any health scares or anyone make fun of me or make rude comments about my size, I haven't had a bad experience like not fitting into a restaurant booth or being embarassed about my weight in public, I haven't felt an "ah ha!" moment when things just clicked and I felt more determined...I just kinda started doing what I know I need to do. I have no idea why it feels easier right now than before. I don't know why I'm randomly now strong enough to resist all the temptations at work. I'm even thinking of not having any of my mom's fudge at Christmas I've always known that I'm a compulsive eater (if I know it's there, I have to eat it ALL), and the only way to not eat all of something is not to even start, right? So if I don't have 1 M&M, then I won't feel as compelled to eat the other 100 For so long, I told myself that I needed to allow myself these frequent treats, just in moderation, but it's become clear to me that with most junk, I can't handle moderation--it's an all or nothing type of deal, and the time has come to choose nothing. I'll be sure to incorporate treats when I need to, but they are certainly not required on a daily basis.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #43  

good morning every one ! AMMI just 7 more pounds til you reach a 1oo pound loss?! thats awesome!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #44  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Just popping in to wish every a great day.... stay OP!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #45  

Sharon -- Woohoo ! 4 more pounds!

My food choices are a little better. I'm still eating a little too much, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm doing a lot of exercise and seem to have busted through my plateau. And I'm back to eating healthier food, rather than cookies and other sweets... so that's good.

Jill -- Well, I guess if you can't determine exactly WHY you're op, the important thing is to try to stay there. I think you're right about indulging, especially if you think it will be hard to stop. I have those tendencies, too.
Closed Thread