Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

So much to catch up on. I saw posts 2 days ago I wanted to respond to, but just can't get to them now!

I'm loving reading the messages from Sharon and others about how this IS a long road and we HAVE to just keep trying. I am having one social occasion after the other this week and am trying to a) do my best b) enjoy myself some and c) not worry about it too much. I know weight loss slows, but that isn't the only thing in my life, either! I really enjoy getting together with friends and going to different events. It IS harder to eat well, but I've been pleased overall with how well I'm doing, even if it isn't as healthy as it would be if I just stayed home.

The good news is that my grading is finally done, and I have a quieter few months coming up. I hope to be able to get in some good exercise, learn a few new recipes, and recharge myself in that time. I really need it. Hubby and I are taking vacation this next week, and I am very excited about that.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #17  

ANNIE~Cool! Post Falls is just right over the border! I really hope we get that job. His interview went well. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!

LORI~Stay warm! I heard the weather is crazy down there right now!

NANCY~Thanks! Sorry you had a gain. But so true what you said about keeping at it. I usually give up after a few days! Thats good you were able to talk with your bf and get something made clear. I hope work gets better for you!

Ok well I been hanging around here on and off today. I am off to go take more Nyquil and maybe get some rest. I hope all of you are having a good Friday!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #18  

NSV!
MY SHIRTS I ORDERED FROM j.cpenneys fit.. yes i said JCPEnnys not my usual Lane Bryant! i am so happy!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patti: Congrats!!!! Wonderful NSV

Mechele: I will pray that he gets the job. What does he do?

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #20  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

I was going to do my post this morning but the power kept going off and on. We had a snow storm last night and lasted until noon. I think we got about 8inches. Yesterday was my weigh in day and I gained a pound. I'm sure there was more on me last week after Thanksgiving dinner but I shed most of that leaving 1lb. I knew what I was doing when I ate that pie! I gave myself permission to get off the leash for one day and it had a price to pay with it.

LILION-We seem to be one in the same about a lot of things you discribe about yourself. And you're not just taking up space by posting the things you've got on your mind.That's why these threads are here. It's not just for "honky-dory" conversation but for soul searching as well. I myself am a procrastinator..."The Queen"! I don't have a wonderful statement to make that will knock you out of your mood but I feel for you and hope you get back your determination soon.

TONI- Good luck! I look farward to getting to know you and wish you lots of success!

SHARON-You're right, One Day and One Pound at a time! Hang in there. Oh, and I bet you look cute in those goggles!!

MECHELLE- Sounds like you're pretty misserble with that cold. The last cold I had it was hard to get any rest at night. But if I laid on my side one nostril would clear enough so I could breathe. Hope you shake it soon.

LORI- I'm glad you're starting to feel better and the NSV is always nice is'nt it?

I know I missed some of you but the 'Queen of Procrastination' was so far behind in the threads I could'nt catch up!! Later, bye!!
Colleen.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #21  
My Baby

S/C/G: 320/291/125

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hey u all!! I hope everyone is doing great today. I do have to say thank you about the comments on my son. He is pride and joy.
Thought I would pop in because I know I probably wont be on again until monday. Honestly I'm more of a reader than a commenter on this web site!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Crystal
Old 12-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hello again! i just tried the gazelle for the first time--did the 15 minute beginners workout with a 5 minutes cool down. it was fun, but harder then i thought! i was sweatin' when i was done! i think it will be a lot of fun!

i'm going to try doing my challenges to myself again starting this weekend. my challenge is to do at least 60 minutes both days. i'm going to try a new kickboxing dvd, do some weights and try that gazelle again!

well, that's about it for me today. i hope everyone had a great end of the week and i'll see everyone tomorrow, lori
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #23  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick check in -- I'll never be able to keep up!

Had a lousy day today (all my fault -- skipped breakfast, and it went south from there. Better planning next week.) BUT -- sounds weird, but I was still consciously on program, even if the execution today was, well, faulty

Heather, have a great time on vacation and enjoy your quiet days ahead! Our semester end in two weeks, and I cannot wait!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #24  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just a quick post but LOL Sandy, ref. your comment

>>>Remember Misti's scale was stuck for a while. But, her measurements have decreased at an amazing rate!<<<

LOL sure not certain how I left THIS impression! I think I must have said this in a moment of wishful thinking... or rather I was talking about since I first started this whole process. But lately I certainly identify with Kayley as NOTHING much is happening. I weighed 228 on October 10 and have not hit below 230 since then. I am working my butt off exercising and eating right. I can't fit into the next size smaller clothes. So it isn't that things have changed much... just that I stopped whining about it on here. People ARE telling me I look a lot thinner... and I can do a lot more, like jogging and stuff. So I just don't get it... I have no idea what is going on but I'm not about to give up trying.

Michelle, hope you make it over to our lovely state!! And yes, the snow and ice in this area has pretty much moved on, yay! I loved it but I had had enough of not being able to go places much.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-02-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:03 AM   #25  

PATTI~What a great NSV!

ANNIE~Thanks! MY DH works for the National weather service. It will basically still be like the job he has now...but he will be a hydrologist. Basically a weather guy! lol

COLEEN~Thanks! I am feeling a lot better now. Its still just enough to make me feel sick...but at least its not getting worse! Stay warm in all of tha snow!

LORI~Sounds like you are doing great on the exercise!

XAN~Sorry you had a lousy day. Hope today is better!

MISTI~Thanks! Glad all of that snow and ice is moving! Its annoying when it keeps us from doing stuff!

Well I am doing better today. I for sure am getting better. Its just deciding to linger out for days on end! Well I hope all of you have a great Saturday!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #26  
Releasing the inner hiker

Just wanted to pop on before I head out for the day, to mention a NSV I had this morning.

A power outtage due to a storm occurred last night, which was fun because I got to watch the crazy wind, rain, and lightening. When the power came back on, Polar Express was on TV, and since I've never watched it, I got hooked and totally forgot about exercising. So, this morning when I got up, I was feeling really sore and stiff. My first thought was "I should exercise" and I immediately put in a WATP and exercised. Every weekend I go for a long hike, which I will be doing today. In the past I would have taken an aspirin and told myself that I would be doing some exercising later and went on with my day. However, the fact that I thought of exercise as the first solution and then didn't hesitate to do it, is a great NSV for me.

Just thought I'd share. Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #27  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, it's official--as of this morning, I am back to exactly 300.0 pounds. I know I'm retaining some water because my watch isn't as loose as usual, but still...

I haven't been able to really get back on track this whole week. I do well early in the day and then just fall apart in the evenings. I cave in to things like going out to dinner because I don't feel like cooking or having a bunch of crap after dinner (well, not really crap...I really only have healthy foods in the house, but too much of anything still causes weight gain). I also didn't exercise as much this week as I should have.

And so, today is Saturday. I watched my recorded episode of The Biggest Loser last night (I record all my favorite shows since I can never remember when they are actually on), and the biggest guy this season lost 100 pounds in 3 months. He still has a long way to go since he started at over 400 pounds, but I'd say he's lost about half of what he needs to lose. For me to lose half of what I need to lose would be about 75 pounds. I know I can't do it in 3 months since I'm not exactly living on a ranch where my entire day every day is devoted to nothing but exercising and I'm surrounded by others who all also want to lose weight, but I should be able to lose something in 3 months. I know it is December, not January, but my goal for the coming year is to make it halfway. If I am 225 by next Christmas...I don't even know what I will do. Cry, probably (tears of joy, of course).

I don't typically like to set time limits on my weight loss because it seems a great way to set yourself up for disappointment if you don't reach it, but I think I really need to this time. I can only keep telling myself for so long that it's okay as long as I'm not gaining--I need to start losing again.

On a brighter note, I've got a good plan in place for today (and that's all we can do is one day at a time, right?). I'm drinking some water right now (which is a miracle for me on the weekend when I typically don't drink ANY), and I had a good breakfast (Kashi cereal, banana, and skim milk). I've also planned out my food for the rest of the day including plenty of snacks, and I will NOT eat out at all today.

I sat on the couch with the intention of watching tv this morning, and said no, I have to DO something. Idon't necessarily need a high-impact cardio session or anything, but I also don't need to just sit on my butt So I dug out my little Christmas tree and some decorations and put those up in the apartment (even if we NEVER have guests, I like to see them). We'll be heading out to Besy But, Dollar Tree, and a few comic book stores (Jeff is looking for something for his cousin for Christmas there) later today, so that will keep me occupied (and off my butt).

I was watching my recorded episode of The O.C. (girly guilty pleasure) yesterday as well, and one of the characters said she never sleeps more than 4 hours a night because it's unproductive. It got me to thinking about how many hours a day I spend just sitting on my couch watching tv/movies. Sure, we all need time to rest/relax sometimes, but do I really need 5 hours of just sitting on the couch every night? It's like after I eat dinner, I just don't DO ANYTHING else until bedtime. I'm going to work on changing that. I'll have to come up witha list of things I can do during that time. I don't mean just exercising, but anything to become more productive. I mean, heck, in an extra 4 hours each evening, I could probably even earn some money! I could try to find another writing/editing from home job or I could learn a craft that maybe I could make and sell or I could go to a library and better myself or I could find an evening volunteering opportunity...so many things!

I've always been a very hard-working, mature person, but lately, I've just gotten so darn lazy. I can't blame anyone but myself. I love my Jeff dearly, but he can spend countless hours just sitting at his computer playing games and reading humorous sites...maybe if he sees me being more productive, it'll rub off on him a bit

Alright, well, I'm going to go check in on the December exercise thread (since I haven't even set a goal for the month for myself yet!) and shower and such so we can head out to do our shopping. Sorry for the novel and the lack of personals--I've actually been busy at work during the day, so I haven't been having much time to check in here, but you know I love you all! I also know I've mentioned to others before not to worry about posting only about themselves and not writing personals, that we're happy just to see them come and check in, so this time, I'm going to take my own advice on that one
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #28  

Just thought I'd pop in and catch up on the posts. I'm kind of going for an overall "no loss no gain" deal for a bit, pretty much I'm just not going to care if I lose of not. I'm still staying active, just not forcing myself to. I'm not eating chips/chocolate/fast food (my forbidden foods) though, I won't go back to that for sure. But I'm just going to eat until I'm full, and if I go over my calories, so be it. But I also know when enough is enough, and I won't let myself get out of hand. Well, I got some Christmas shopping done yesterday; got a few gifts, alot of stuff (toys) for my puppy (I'm getting her next week if all goes well!), some decorations, etc. It was really fun for it to start to feel Christmas coming! I will be in Victoria with family on the 11th! Or, if weather is still bad for the drive, then on the 19th. John's vaction time is from the 19th to the 2nd, so he will love coming over there with me! Well, I'm off for now. Hope everyone is well!

Melissa
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #29  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Today was measurement day and so I took those (not much of a change this time, but then I didn’t lose anything in November) and also looked at my loss pattern. I first weighed in back in October last year, but because of school and everything I didn’t commit to weight loss until January. Between October and January I lost 10 pounds by doing some small things (no sweet drinks, making better choices). Then things went really well for the first half of the year. From January through June I lost 44 pounds. Then I had my procedure and I never really got fully back on track after that. Since July, I have only lost 18 pounds, and I lost nothing in November (I lost nothing in July too, but that was because I was recovering).

I guess I have been fooling myself a bit. I have been going to the gym almost every weekday, but I had cut down to half an hour on the elliptical from before when I did an hour because it was making me tired. I also stopped religiously tracking my food (I have been doing it on and off) and probably eating a bit more than I think I have. I am not unhappy that I have accomplished something, but I just feel like I could have made much better progress if I had only put in a marginal amount of additional effort.

I guess like anything that you do for a period of time, I have gotten a bit lazy about certain things, complacent about taking that extra handful of whatever, cutting back a bit on my gym time. I am not satisfied at my level of effort and at the results. For something I spend so much time and energy on, why am I not going all the way? Well, my all the way, not someone else’s all the way.

So, I am going to eat some breakfast now and head to the gym to spend an hour on the elliptical. We are going to a Christmas party this afternoon, and I will try as best I can to eat sensibly. I will find ways to not let myself off the hook and up the intensity a bit so that (hopefully) I can start losing better again.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #30  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I didn't want to forget. . .

Sandy - the pictures of your daughter's wedding are absolutely beautiful!!!
Closed Thread