3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again....#1060 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/98137-300-ready-try-again-1060-a.html)

thinthinker 11-13-2006 08:34 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again....#1060

:welcome:

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

kayleystar 11-13-2006 08:57 PM

Ladies, I went shopping today, and got some GOOD DEALS!!! And if any of you shop at Fashion Bug...there's a website I've saved that has a coupon on it that's good until February of 2007 for $20 off any purchase of $50 or more! :) But you have to use your Visa card...I did it anyway! Good deal! :D So, since I don't wanna link the webbie, and get in trouble, if any of you want it, let me know!!! :D:D

Misti – I think you need to BEAT some sense into the FFM for me! She seems to LOVE you! lol

Wezi – I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. –hugs-

Ammi – Thanks so much…I need to just stay positive, I know…and my friend Susan has been telling me a lot lately that she can see such a change in the way I look…that does make me feel good.

Newsnerd – So sorry that you and your husband are going to separate. I can only imagine how had that is for you. But congrats on buying the smaller sizes.

Sandy – I don’t really eat anything with lots of sodium in it…which makes me frustrated, cuz I KNOW that’s not the reason! Hehe

Xena2005 11-13-2006 09:23 PM

wezi - I am so sorry for your loss. How difficult that must have been for your mother and for all of your family. Please know we are thinking of you. :grouphug:

futurediva 11-13-2006 10:08 PM

Good evening ladies, i wanted to post some personals, but unfortunately, i am too tired from work today to do much of anything! I hope everyone had a good day.
On the subject of clothes, Old Navy has a really cute line of plus clothing. Yesterday when i went there, all of the clearance items were an additional 50% off! I got some really cute things really cheap! Not all of the stores carry plus, so you could check out the website to find a store near you.
Lori: I am so sorry about the loss of your father:(. You and your family will be in my prayers.
EVERYONE: Have a good night. Sorry i didnt get to do personals, but your all in my thoughts.
ME: I had a much better food day today. Reading everyone else's post that went off course this weekend, helped me realize that one day wont break me. Thanks again for all the suport here!
See you tommorrow:)

Misti in Seattle 11-13-2006 10:38 PM

Hi everyone!

Well I am going to try to take time for a few personals before crashing.

First... Lori, I am so sorry about your dad! You and your family are in my prayers. :hug:

Zelma, glad you took the time to drop by to give us an update!

Andie, let us know how you do on the geocaching! Sounds different! :) Hope your mood picks up soon!

Lilion, I'm glad to hear your nephew is doing well and in good spirits. That would be a very difficult thing to have to cope with!

Ammi.. I am starting to see what you mean about the toes hurting. I was not lifting my heal enough at first but the more I learn to do it right the more it hurts the toes. I'm kind of surprised I'm not having the numbness though because I often have a problem with that while walking. But I got some wonderful new sneakers and they seem to be helping my feet a lot. And you are right about my legs kind of wanting to be on it. :) One neat thing... it already seems to be making my back stronger! I have a hard time keeping good posture because my boobs are so heavy; but the Gazelle kind of puts me automatically in good posture and today when I was walking I noticed myself holding my shoulders back more and kind of striding like I would on the Gazelle. Of course it's too soon to know how much it will help. Tonight I was doing more of the "hands off" stuff. And LOL one funny one -- I like to hold onto the end pieces which means the handlebars are going back and forth over my chest... and I was happy to notice that my boobs would actually fit between them as the handles went by. :) I really do love it. I did 10 mins before work this morning and 30 after I got home tonight. Hope you are able to get back on yours soon. Hey, you should get a commission for selling these things :rofl:

Patti, sounds like you are on the warpath with that ole FFM! :lol3: Good for you! Hope you have a winning round this week! And please tell her I am looking for her.

Sharon, glad that you are trying so hard to keep a positive focus! You go!!!

Elmay, I agree about the weight fluctuation. Mine can fluctuate a LOT in a day or just from morning to evening. Still, it is nice when we see the silly scale go DOWN when we work so blasted hard for it! :yes: :)

Kayley, keep your chin up and keep looking for that FFM. I am GASPING though at your comment that she seems to love me! In the last two months I have lost a grand total of about 5 pounds! Sheesh!!! :) But if I see her I will tell her you are looking for her. :yes:

Heather, glad you have promised yourself a spa day! I think when I get to 100 pounds gone I won't care about a reward as that will BE the reward. :) Although I am going on the cruise and Fort Lauderdale trip as a reward for my hard work. I wanted to be 100 pounds down by then but with the stubborn way the FFM has been lately I won't make it but hey at least I will be a lot thinner than before!

Newsnerd, sorry about your and your hubby are separating. I wish you the best.

San, hope you find out the cause of your medical problems and it can be taken care of easily! And good news about the Red Lobster certificates!

Jen, the picture really was great! I think most or all of us are nervous about posting our pictures as we are so used to hiding from the cameras; this is the one place we can come and post them and be encouraged!

Kymberly, glad you had a good food day! :woohoo: Good for you.

To everybody I missed, keep OP too! It was not intentional; I just went down the list of people who posted since this morning. It's so hard to get through all the threads and do personals to all but all of you are VERY special to me!!!

Well I am going to turn in early too or go putz around the Internet for a while. Wow these super early mornings are rough... but I love the extra $$$ on the paycheck! :) That is how I bought the Gazelle so guess it is worth it! :dance:

Blessings to all

mechell81 11-13-2006 10:50 PM

Hi everyone....I just wanted to post real quick.

LORI~I am so sorry hun. ((((HUGS))))

And congrats to everyone who has had a loss or NSV!

Well we made it to the Dr. and to Anchorage. I am really shaken up. We had a horrible day Sunday. We were supposed to leave on the morning flight...but the flight got cancelled. So we were put on the night flight...which was over an hour late. Then they had all of the seats wrong!!!! So I was squished in between two people. I was embarrased to say the least. And then it was such bad weather when we left...I was in tears because the plane was having such bad turbulance. So yesterday was soooooo exhausting.

The DR. vist went ok. She took 3 biopsies to be sent off and tested for melanoma. So I am hoping they come back negatvie in two weeks. Well I am so tired and I have to fix up my biopsy wound thing. Sorry if I seemed so negative..just been one of those days where everything is going wrong!

I hope you all are doing great! Take care!

katydid1972 11-13-2006 11:18 PM

Ammi - WTG on the loss!!! I knew you'd be rid of that six pounds before you knew it :) I'm so sorry to hear that your back is still hurting though. Sometimes I think with backs if they are ready to go, they just go. My husband has a bad back and sometimes it's the littlest things that will make it go out, when big things don't. I guess it all just adds up til you hit the straw that breaks the camels, or the Ammi's back ;) so to speak!

You're so lucky that your friend didn't call the cops when you were hidden away with Daren - I think I might have if I'd been your friend :lol: Funny how when things click, they just click isn't it? Richard moved in about a month or so after we first met rt similar to you guys. We just knew we were soulmates.

And yes, I really do get a numb butt when my work shifts are so long!!! I actually bought a laptop just this past summer just so I could unplug and go different places when I'm working (the customer service calls are routed to my house so I work from home). So I can be at the kitchen table or on the living room sofa or in bed hehe, or outside when it's nice weather. With a cordless phone it makes working so much nicer. Of course the long shifts still get to me, and I get bored being in the house and by myself all the time, it gets really lonely!

As for my mom, her getting home really depends on how well she progresses in her physical therapy. It could be a couple of weeks or it could be a month... they won't give her an exact date at this point.

Kayley - I'm sure it's just water retention for you to gain so much so fast when you've been eating so well. Don't lose heart... I'm *sure* you'll see it move back down again and fast, and actually once it starts moving down again it might help break your plateau so that you can get even lower!

Andi - I have thought about doing the geocaching before but there's absolutely nothing near here unfortunately. You'll have to let us know about your finds!! Like you, I am very bad on my husband's days off... it's so tempting to be lazy like they are, isn't it??

Lori - :hug: I am so very, very sorry to hear about your dad. I can't even imagine the kind of shock and confusion you must be going through right now, as well as the grief. My thoughts are with you, I hope your family is able to find answers soon that will give you all some peace.

Mechelle - It sounds like your trip was really rough :( I'm so sorry things went so crazy. Hopefully your trip home will be peacefull and will go as planned. And now karma owes you some good ;) so that means surely the biopsies will come back *fine*. :hug:

There's not a lot to report here today, except that I was really really bad and had chinese food for dinner with the hubby. :dizzy: I didn't overindulge really, which is a good thing, and concentrated on the veggie and noodle dish which can't have been TOO terrible for me! At least I have a couple of days to work it off before I weigh in again!

Love and losses to *everyone*. I hope you're all having a beautiful day!

Vilandra485 11-13-2006 11:41 PM

Hi Ladies - I'm doing okay today. :) Good food wise, and I've gotten in 45 minutes of walking! :) I'm going to try to remember to call for a DR's appointment tomorrow and get one for payday - Thursday, that way I will be up in that area to get groceries, and I can pop into the DR's on my way. Well, my weigh-in is tomorrow!!! It's pretty much Month 6, too! I'd like to be -2.5...so we will see! My December 19th goal is looking VERY daunting right now...not in a bad way though. To make it seem REALLY doable I'd need to be -4.5 tomorrow, lol, NOT gonna happen! :lol: (That would put me at needing to lose 10lbs in the remaining 5 weeks.) So, I will be on telling you all how it goes tomorrow...my official guess: 320.5 (-2) :D Stay OP ladies! :hug:

Melissa

Nightkatt 11-13-2006 11:51 PM

Okee .. I am getting behind again .. so time to catch up with everyone :)

JILLY - Oh my .. Im starting to think its a catching thing everyone seems to be having naughty moments recently lol .. still . be proud of yourself for keeping up with your exercise .. and the fact that you are staying on your journey and not giving up :)
Sweep (the lamb with the flower attached lol) is a real character .. he gets into a lot of mischief .. Sooty is a good girl .. although I do have to keep stopping her climbing the trees to get the leaves when there is so much yummy new grass on the ground lol ..

AMMI - WTG on your loss hun .. I sure that makes things a little better for you :) Sorry to hear that your back is still not very good .. but dont overdo or it will get worse .. better to get completely better rather than almost there which will just make it worse the next time :)
Unfortunately the weight hasnt gone lol .. BUT its down by 1 .. so I have a few days to get rid of the rest so that I can at least be where I was last weigh in :)
Hope you get a good sleep hunny .. definitely need that to help heal your body :)

PATTI - I hope your cold gets better soon!

KAYLEY - Im sorry to hear the FFM has been such a meany with you this week .. it definitely isnt a good time for everyone on here at the moment and Im sure its gonna be all over the place for the next few weeks with the holiday season causing more and more stress and challenges. Keep trying hun .. you are doing great so far :)

ZELMA - Thankies for the congrats .. I will admit I have put off getting the licence for years only because I didnt have enough confidence in my ability to pass the theory .. having to remember all those distances, speeds, signs etc scared the bejeepers out of me ... but I figure with all I have done on my journey in the last 4 months it was about time I sat it .. what was the worst that could happen?? I would fail it?? true .. but then I could sit it again and again until I got it and could retain the info .. and then after all that worry and self doubt . .I went on in .. originally to just book it .. but ended up sitting it straight away .. Im so pleased that I didnt have to wait to sit the test tho cos I probably would have talked myself into failing it if I really had time to think about it .. I did the same with quitting smoking .. and I think I have done the same on this weight loss journey .. instead of thinking about next week .. or even tomorrow .. Im just doing each day .. and being happy with how I have done no matter how I have done . boy this is a learning curve rofl.

ANDIE - Great news that your DD is doing better .. Im sure its hard when you cant instant cure things isnt it? Your new hobby sounds interesting .. wonder if we have that sort of thing over here??? Still ... its always nice to try something new :) Oops about the weekend .. but like you said .. tomorrow is another day :)

LORI - Im soooo sorry about your dad .. that must have been devastating for all of your family :hug: :hug: Keep well and if you need more virtual hugs just come on in Im sure we will send as many your way as we can .. even when we arent on the boards.

LILION - Isnt it fun to be a bachelorette on occasion :) I will admit Im looking forward to my 100 pound spree .. but then I really dont know rofl .. I look forward to seeing the pics of your new wardrobe :) That is wonderful about your nephew . he sounds like he has a great spirit .. mind you with an aunt like he has that is no surprise really is it :) :hug:

SHARON - I will let my hunny know about what sort of jobs to look out for .. he keeps watch of the job sites just cos hes nosy lol .. so now he will have something to look for lol ... OH NO about the lamb!! I'll forgive ya tho lol .. Scoot still eats lamb chops .. I wont cook them tho lol ... but he and the dogs like them too much to give them up .. so I have to put up with seeing them in the freezer etc .. he doesnt like mint sauce with them tho ... my grandad used to make bottles of it .. every time I smell mint I think of him and his mint sauce lol ..
Good luck on the docs and I hope that you get what you need to give you a more level day :) :hug:

ELMAY - In NZ you have to get 3 licences to drive a car (or a motorbike 50cc or under) .. the first is the Learners license .. if youre under 25 you have to have that one for 6 months and you need that BEFORE you are allowed to learn to drive a car (over 25 you have it for 3 months) .. you arent allowed to drive a car without a fully licensed driver sitting next to you, not allowed to have any other passengers, after certain hours, have to have an L plate on your vehicle and have to have your license with you, and 0 blood alcohol limit. The Learners license is just the theory test .. you have 35 questions and can only have 3 wrong otherwise you fail the test.
After 6 months (or 3 months) .. you can sit your Restricted license, which is the practical part and I think there are a few oral questions while you are driving too. When you have passed that one you have the license for 9 months I think before you can apply for the full license. There are similar restrictions to driving as there is on the learners except youre allowed to have passengers (only with a fully licensed driver in the car too), dont have to have the L plates on the vehicle any more and the driving hours are a little longer. Then you put in an application for a full drivers license.
The full license you have to replace every 10 years (another way for the govt to get money out of us lol) and then when you are 70 I think it is you have to be tested every year I think .. something like that lol .. its definitely a rigamarole getting a license . and it costs almost $300NZ (about $150US) in total by the time you get your full license. Bored now? :dizzy: :dizzy: lol

SPA DAY - That sounds like a lovely plan .. I had that on my list lol .. but like Ammi I dont know how I will feel body wise really .. will have to see closer to the time ... but the manicure, or hair care sounds lovely :)

LILION - Im the same as you!! I cant believe I will be happy to tell people Im overweight rofl .. like they havent already figured that out rofl. I had a goal of 100kg .. that is almost 50kg from what I started as ... so that is why I have 220lbs ... but Im thinking of round figures so in my mind I have shifted it to 200 lol .. and then I will see how I feel .. I just want to be happy and healthy with how I look :)

NEWSNERD - Hun Im sorry to hear that your DH and you are splitting .. it must be hard especially when the cause is merely that you are growing and it happens to be that you are growing in different directions .. I think sometimes that is always the hardest sort of split ... because its not that the caring or love isnt there .. only that the rest cant sustain it. Im sure you will face the future challenges with grace and strength but dont forget you dont have to be the strongest tree in the forest .. we're here to hold up your branches when you want to put them down for a little while :) :hug: :hug:

SANDY - I hope that whatever is affecting how tired you are can be sorted out soon and without too much difficulty :) Great news on the Red Lobster .. let us know what happens when you go back .. and just remember as the customer you should expect the sort of service you would imagine a star would get at any restaurant .. even McDonalds!! Especially for places that are franchises because they rely on good word of mouth from their customers and if their staff is causing negative comments then they need to know .. one of the chippies that were in our old town had a sign in the shop with something like " If you like our service and our food please pass the word on to others, if you feel something lacking in our service or food please let us know so that we can correct it for you" ... wish more places would have that sort of thing that they are willing to stand by :)

HIIIII to Kimberly, Xena, Kenya, Heather, Misti, Amy, Katy, ... oh my .. brain is forgetting .. please accept my abject apologies .. but I do want to say HIII and hope you are all doing well!!

Nightkatt 11-14-2006 12:08 AM

Oh my .. I must type slow cos look at all those extra posts lol ..

Anyway .. about to go and get my dinner .. but just wanted to let everyone know I had a wonderful first day .. even tho it was only for a couple of hours lol .. BUT I also got told that as from next week I will have 2 positions .. not only the checkout .. but also security! So this week I train on the checkout .. and next week I do my training on security :) My set hours will be different too cos I will be working nights Wed, Thurs, and Saturday 5-10pm. But there will be other hours and days added too.

I also bought a Scooter!! Its a cute little Suzuki! while I will be walking to work (which I did today!!) when the weather is fine as well as those days that I will be finished before dark I will be feeling a lot safer being able to drive home at night on the bike instead of walking almost 3km in the dark lol ..

Sooo Im off to go and get something for dinner ... I had a ham sandwich at lunch time and now Im hungry lol .. I know .. I should have had breakfast ... but will do better tomorrow lol ..

Love and Laughter everyone .. '

OHhhh .. before I forget lol .. I had a lovely NSV today .. that I suppose had nothing to do with my weight really lol .. anyway ... in the training session today there were 2 young guys starting as well as me and we had gone through all the training part and were waiting downstairs for the supervisor to come and get us to sign the new contracts etc .. well ... Ash (my daughter) came in and so I went over and gave her my bag and umbrella (yes it had rained on my walk to work lol) and went back to where the guys were .. we were talking about something and then one of them (Robert I think it was) said something about my sister .. I was a little puzzled before I realised he was talking about my DAUGHTER!!! roflmao .. I said to him thats not my sister lol . thats my daughter! Both of them looked at each other .. then at Ash then at me and said that I didnt look old enough to have a daughter her age rofl .. I said Im 34!!! They both agreed they thought I was about 19/20 roflmao .. omg .. what a great giggle rofl .. I said to them great .. glad they are working there .. they can definitely stay rofl. I dont think I looked 19/20 when I WAS 19/20 rofl. Apparently they thought that with my personality I wasnt stodgey enough to be over 30 .. wasnt sure if that was a compliment or not but I took it as one and ran with it hehehe

Soooo .. here are my positives . I have a few to catch up on lol ..

1 - Im talking to my mother .. still nothing personal .. but its the first time in a couple of months and we didnt hang up on each other rofl
2 - I got mistaken for a 19/20 year old .. my new skin care regime must be working rofl.
3 - I got my first ever legal vehicle .. oke its a scooter .. but its got a motor and it has to be registered lol .. oh and Im legally allowed to drive it too!
4 - I managed to walk all the way to work without having to stop (2.7km/1.68m) and I felt fine and breathing was relaxed too.
5 - I had a fun day at work meeting everyone and getting to joke with them too :)

Okee ... another one that would be on there is that Im engaged .. but I think I have said that one already .. oh and I got my learners license lol ..

Huggies all!

kayleystar 11-14-2006 12:11 AM

Thank you to EVERYONE for the encouraging words! I'm going to get up earlier than I need to tomorrow, and get some of my Crunch dvd in! :) I got in 2 hours of GOOD walking (about 3.5 hours of total walking) today! Went to the mall with my friend after lunch...we can walk around there forever! LOL!! But I'm only counting the 2 hours, as the other hour and a half was browsing. :)

Nightkatt 11-14-2006 03:51 AM

Well Im off to bed .. I was feeling a little bad that I havent done much exercise in the last few days ... so even tho I walked 40 minutes today to work I thought I would get out my WATP and do the 1 mile just to get me closer to the 60 minutes a day that I had planned on doing .. well .. I did that .. then I was going to do the 2 mile as well .. but as I hadnt seen what the 3 mile was like I thought I would give that a go and just go as far as I could lol . .. I DID THE WHOLE THING!!! Im glad I was on my own tho .. I got sooooo hot I had to strip down to my underwear while I was walkin!!! Scary sight! Still built up a great sweat and my legs feel sooooo well used rofl. I didnt use the weights for the 3 mile but I did for the 1 mile .. but tomorrow Im gonna try to use the weights in the 3 mile one :) So just over 100 min of exercise today!!! omg!

Okee ... time to have a nice relaxing shower then bed ... longer day for work tomorrow .. still only a small shift tho (5 hours) .. hopefully the hours will pick up tho lol.

Have a great evening everyone .. will catch up with you all tomorrow!

Huggies

Love, Light & Laughter!

ZedAus 11-14-2006 04:21 AM

Lori - I truly wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I know that only time will ease the pain. We had a member of our staff go home from work a few weeks ago and find her husband dead. I think that he had an aneurism (sp?) but I'm not totally sure. She found that her strong support network of friends and family were got her through the next little while. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through at the moment. I hope you find the strength and support you need at this time.

Newsnerd - I am sorry to hear about you and your hubby. I suppose my first marriage was kind of similar in that we just drifted apart. We ended up being REALLY good friends, but there was nothing physical there and I was pretty much indifferent to the whole thing. I knew that it was over when I realised that I wouldn't mind if he found someone else to share his life with. That was a major turning point for me. We talked about things and we still shared the house for a while, just to help with finances. It was nice to be able to separate on amicable terms. I still cried when he finally moved out, but I think that was pretty much a natural reaction after being together for 14 years. I hope you manage to keep things peaceful between the two of you, as it seems things are pretty good at the moment.

Katt - I'm SO glad that you had such a good first session at work. Wow! Not only ONE new job, but TWO. You certainly are becoming Wonder Woman now aren't you? Mind you, it helps that you are only 20 years old huh???? *cough* You can send those two lads over my way any time. How will Ash go when you are working later at night? I bet she will miss her mum.
What sort of store are you working in? We only have our department and grocery stores open late one night over this side of Australia. We have late-night shopping on Thursday nights in most of the city and Friday nights in the city centre. I would love longer shopping hours, but perhaps my wallet wouldn't appreciate it. I hope you enjoy both of your positions.
It's great that you don't need a license for the scooter. That should be quite economical on the fuel side of things as well.

Ammi - I hope the heat pad arrived and you are able to get some relief from the pain. Even though my back pain often feels muscular, I find that an adjustment at the chiropractor sets something right, so that the muscles aren't pulling the way they are when it hurts. Does that make sense? A chiropractor may not be the way you want to head, but I didn't want you to think that they couldn't help you because it was muscular.

Sandy - It is awful to feel tired all the time. I was feeling like that when they found out that my B12 levels were low. I could never understand how I could lose over half my body weight and STILL feel so tired. I felt better after the B12 shots, but I still get more tired than I would like. I think a lot of it is just work with me. There is SO much happening lately and I just feel a little overwhelmed by it all. Mind you, the school holidays will be upon me in no time, and then I have a 7 week break, which will be wonderful. I hope your doctor can find out what is causing you to be so tired and that it is something that can be easily remedied.

Lilion - I think you asked what some of us did to celebrate losing 100lbs. I put on a special morning tea at school, bringing in the foods that helped me to lose that much weight. People thought it was a great idea. Since then, other people have been bringing in some similar things when there is a special morning tea on. I had vegie and dip platters, wholemeal/wholegrain sandwiches with egg and tuna, fruit bread with low cal jam and a creamy topping (pantalica it is called over here), my 'fluffs' that I make out of jello and yoghurt, strawberries and marshmallows on toothpicks with fat-free chocolate pudding for dipping. I can't remember what else, but it all went down VERY well. I have since taken in my 'healthy' scones and fruitcake. People really appreciate these and often ask for the recipes. When I got to my target weight hubby and I had a night at a casino/hotel. It was a lovely night and I got all dressed up. I hope you can think of something special to celebrate your milestones.

Sharon - I'm jealous that you may be looking at moving to NZ. It is lovely over here in Western Australia and I would love to have you living close by so we could visit. Mind you... WA is kinda far away from any other major place. In fact, I think we have the record of being the most isolated capital city in the world! Oh dear. Still, that is one of the things I love about being over here. It is still kinda like a large country town and I don't mind things being a little quieter/slower. I hope your husband finds a great job and that the move goes smoothly.

Well, I know I have missed lots of people again, but I have to head off and have a shower before hubby gets home for dinner. I didn't bring any marking home with me, so I am hoping to be able to get back on here later to add some more individual messages.

Take care all,

Zelma

jillybean720 11-14-2006 05:34 AM

Giant :hug: to those who need them, whether due to weight/diet frustrations, sudden life changes, or difficulties with/loss of a loved one. This journey is truly difficult enough without additional stressors, so I hope everyone knows that we're all here whenever anyone needs to vent about ANYTHING. Take it out on us, not your refrigerator's inventory ;)

Thank you to everyone for the continued support. I don't know how many times I come here and complain about my lack of weight loss and yet then confess a binge or something. *sigh* I NEED to get out of this horrible bingeing cycle. I was horrible yesterday. Well, I've been worse, so I'll just say I was bad. I stopped at Whole Foods on my way home from work and ended up buying mini cupcakes from their bakery section and eating ALL of them in the car on the way home. Yup, 12 little frosted cupcakes. I don't care how "natural" the ingredients are, it's never okay to eat that many at once :dizzy: So that started my tastebuds wanting more junk. Instead of the fish and broccoli I had planned for dinner, I made a pizza. It was a 100% whole-wheat Boboli crust, home-made sauce (with spinach, tomatoes, and turkey sausage), and reduced-fat cheese, but I still ate 3/4 of the entire pizza myself. Bah...on to today.

I forgot to weigh myself as soon as I got up this morning (for some reason, I'm just not quite awake yet at 4am :p ), so I weighed myself after I did my WATP DVD. I was sipping water throughout my workout, so I figured it would still be pretty accurate. It said 297 :o How that's possible, I'm not quite sure, since it said 300 last week and I had tons of Chinese food over the weekend plus all that crap yesterday. Whatever...I'll take it ;)

futurediva 11-14-2006 05:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone! This is just a quick post to say hi, and wish everyone a great day before i head off to work. Thankfully, i am off tommorrow:).
MECHELLE: Im so sorry your flight was rough. i dont like flying! In January, i went to Morocco, and the flight from NY to Morocco, was much smoother than the one from Atlanta to NY.I think it has something to do with flying over land versus water. Anyway, flying is not one of my favorite things to do. Glad to see you back though!
KAYLEY: i forgot to say last night, maybe the increased numbers on the scale are from muscle or maybe even just water retention. You are doing so well there is no way its an actual gain. thats one reason i weigh in so infrequently, i would go nuts!
KATYDID: Again i totally relate to the 12 hr shifts! Somedays (like yesterday) they are so long and hard! Other times , they just breeze by.
MISTI,AMMI,KATT,ELMAY,JILL,ZELMA,WYLLEN,LILLION,AN D EVERYONE ELSE: sorry its too early for my brain to function properly, lol, have a great day!
Well im off to get ready for work. hopefully i can do personals tonight. You are ALL appreciated even if i havent metioned your name. Have a great day!
ANNIE: hope your back soon:)