Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #16  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Howdy

For once I'm a bit busy at work, but I also tried to get some bills done while here. Been having some financial trauma lately, but I'm hoping it's on the mend. Let me do a quick fly by personal and then I'll get back to work.

Thin: My get well thoughts are with your Mother. And I know the roll of the care giver can be a challenging one. I've been there. It was hard, but I don't regret a second of it. Make sure you find time to care for yourself as well.

Lilion: Your friend is afraid of turtles? Well, I hestitate to laugh because well (pssst, don't tell anyone, lean in here, let me whisper) I'm terrified of moths and butterflies. Especially butterflies. Yeah, I know how stupid that sounds and I'm quite aware of how beautiful and absolutely harmless they are, but they totally freak me out. So I guess I can't cast any stones at your turtle phobic friend. And please don't tell anyone my secret. It's so embarrassing.

Vortex VVV: Your post was very truthful and honest. My heart isn't in this journey 80% of the time. And I truly doubt I'll ever be successful, but that said, I keep trying. I wonder why I don't quit trying. I guess some hidden part in me keeps thinking that "maybe some day" thing. Hang in there.

Nolifewithouthorses: I'm sorry you've lost your tanker job. I'm proud of your attitude. I was going to give you the "when one door closes, another one opens" but you're way ahead of me.

Littleanniefannie: I hope you continue to feel better. Take it slow. Don't rush.

Okay. I finished my Week #1 with five flex points left. That's a victory for me. Today is the first day of week #2. I don't usually make it this far. Yay!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:45 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Brought mom home today. Maybe I can get caught up one of these days soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:19 AM   #18  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening chickies!

Thin, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I am kind of loath to saying this because you hardly need any more worries, but my mom died from a blood clot in her leg that had broken off and traveled up to her heart where it stopped it. She was at the doctor for a complete work up 3 months before it happened and they found nothing. I really hope they were able to take care of it. Glad you were able to bring her home.

Hey Turtle don't be so quick to dismiss those moths...try waking up in the middle of the night to have one crawl inside of your ear! Talk about freaking out! I was on the verge of screaming my head off. It was tiny but I could obviously feel and hear it flapping it's wings trying to get out and being trapped. I finally had to grab it with tweezers to get it out. *shivering at the memory!*

Annie, hope you continue to feel better.

Valerie, Aww...and you were so excited! Hey, I don't know about out there, but you can make good money waiting tables. I certainly can't get an office job with the flexibility that I need being a student that would pay me about $30 and hour, not to mention, it's cash...

Elmay, speaking of not knowing whether you could do this or not...personally, I was scared to death to even try again. I've heard so many times what bad things we do to our bodies every time we go up and down the scale. I've also heard it said, that it could be better just to stay at one weight than lose a lot and gain it back. The last time was 120 pound loss and gain. Of course I've done that so many times already and worried that this would be just one more. That fear has gone a way a bit as my feelings toward this new life have changed and settled. My biggest reason this time was the pain. Soooo much pain. I couldn't even sleep any more as parts of my body would go numb or my knees, feet and ankles hurt so bad I was taking 1200 mg of ibuprofin every 4 hours just to keep it manageable. The funny thing is, I have to liken it to the pain of child birth. I've never had a baby, but i've been told that the mother has to kind of forget the pain in order to have another child otherwise they never would. I found that as the pain went away, I have to remind myself that, yes, it was THAT bad. The memory is already fading only 6 months out.

Terri, hope the meetings go well! Oh, and MEN!

Angela, feel free to rant! I personally end up talking to myself out loud over and over again to get thoughts straight. A comment that you made about not taking responsibilty is also something that I've had to deal with. Being someone that came from an alcoholic home, I wanted to always complain about my mother and what she did or didn't do and how it messed me up. It took me a LONG time to just get over it and realize that after a certain age, I HAD TO BE RESPONSIBLE for the choices I had made in my life. That's a biggie. A lot of people never get that. Thanks for the reminder.

Lilion, GOOD LORD! You can make an entire gown in a few days???? What, are you wonder woman or something? So glad your nephew is able to continue on with his life. He could have chosen to just give up.

Misty, nice to see you here. The main thread is just to fast for me!

The Mother, how're the puppies? Hope everything is well.

Well, midterms weren't exactly "A's" but so close I could taste it...by ONE freaking point! Oh well...We had our first meeting for the regional competition in HR I took on the subjects of Training and Development and OSHA. Should be interesting. The induction ceremony for my honor society is this Saturday. Oh joy, I get to be up on stage to present the certificates and slaughter all the names!

I did a bit of shopping. I actually only meant to go in and pay a bill and came out with more stuff! WoooHooo...I got a blazer in a size 18 down from 26! My loss is definately slowing, the honeymoon is over I guess. Weigh in yesterday was down .4 pounds. Can't even change the ticker...

Ok, now that i've finished my book, i'm off to bed. I'll try to catch up in a few days. Night!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #19  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I'm so ashamed

Ashamed of my lame fear of butterflies, that is. But yeah, moths are icky too. Getting one on me is scary enough, but in my ear? That's a whole different kind of icky. I'm guessing something happened in my past to make me afraid of a harmless and in most cases, beautiful insect. Perhaps an older brother taunted and/or teased me with one? Not sure. But let me say in my defense, I'm not afraid of most other bugs. I'm not going to pick up and play with a spider, but I won't run screaming out of the room from one either. But I WILL pick up and play with reptiles up to and including snakes. Does that make me any less girly? LOL.

Today is day two of week two. I don't usally make it this far. Thanks Chicks. You're my motivation.

I'm getting back to feeling nearly normal. I hate depression and stress combined. Normally when I'm depressed, it's all lay around in my stanky pj's and feel sorry for myself. Too much eating, too much sleeping. But this time it was depression AND stress. So I couldn't lay around. Eww. Getting paid and getting some bills made out (and shortly they'll be mailed) made me feel a little better. I felt the pressure ease as soon as I made the checks out and put the stamps on the envelopes. Funny, the pressure won't truly be off until they're RECEIVED. But I'll take comfort where I can find it. I'm probably taking tomorrow off to go with Pooh Bear to Lowe's to buy our building supplies and get started on our porches (and to get to finally watch one of my Mountaineer games!). We're playing Pit. Pit and WVU are mortal enemies and they call their game "The Backyard Brawl."

Okay, I'd better stop typing now, or you'll all have "War And Peace" to read. Sorry so "werdy" today. I'll check in from work to see if anyone's been on to do personals for. Peace and Turtle Hugs to ya'll.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS! Beat PIT!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #20  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

What a day I'm having! It's only 9:30 and I've already had to tell someone to "BE QUIET AND STOP INTERRUPTING AND USING PROFANITY OR I WILL END THIS HEARING RIGHT NOW!" My current boss doesn't believe in us telling people to shut up...but there are times when you HAVE to take control of a hearing or you'll lose control completely. But those type are SO tiring! You know, I actually had bad dreams about my job last night...no wonder I didn't want to get up this morning and come to work.

DS is home sick. Poor little guy. I think he's actually NOT faking this time. Flu appears to be going around and he felt fine when I got home yesterday...made his own dinner and everything! (Mac & Cheese and appricots) No - Not all together! But about an hour later said he felt ill and threw up, spent the rest of the night snuggled down in my bed watching TV. Sore throat and general ickyness. Said he felt the same today. I told him he was NOT allowed to give it to me! I have WAY too much to do before Saturday and then I'm in charge of the tournament Saturday, with a few HUNDRED people coming! Good thing DH works nights so I didn't have to take off work today. He may be sleeping and not much help to DS, but he's there for emergancies. At least DS is really, REALLY good at taking care of himself, even when he's sick. Such a joy of a sick kid, really.

Mary: Okay, gotta say, Butterflyphobia is weirder then turtlephobia. See: You're unique! Actually, I HATE catterpillers. My aversion to bugs is in direct proportion to the number of legs. Spiders are worse than regular bugs and catterpillers are worse than spiders and millipedes and centipedes - FORGET ABOUT IT! So glad you got the city off it's Bureaucratic Butt and on to your house! I hope you are in there soon. You should be VERY proud of your week OP! I ate the last of my flex points last night. Today is WI...we'll see.

Karen: EEEWWWEEEE! The THOUGHT of ANYTHING crawling in my ear is just AWFUL! Too many night-gallery epidodes I guess! Actually, I'd have the darn gown done now if I hadn't had a sick kid last night. Between him and the dogs, it's hard to get in the sewing room for any lenght of time. I still need to tack down the neck facing, hem it and make the belt. Otherwise it's done. Actually, sewing isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. Remember the Halloween dress? Made that in two days. WTG on the grades - and the Blazer! Last one I bought was a 16-18...puts a smile on your face, don't it!

Thin: Continued good thoughts to your mom. : I can't believe they let her go home! When I had a blood clot in my leg they kept me in the hospital on TOTAL bed rest for TWO WEEKS!

Annie: Glad you are feeling better. Hope some of those 10 lbs stay off for you!

Valerie: Gosh I'm sorry to hear about your job! I know how much you were looking forward to the financial freedom. You have such a good attitude though, and it sounds like you just really need more experience. I hope you get good news on the job front soon.

Terri: Hope you don't blow away in the Windy City! Go see King Tut while you are there!

Angela: Rant's are the best therapy some times. I think if you were resigned to being this size for the rest of your life, you wouldn't be here. I'm sure I've mentioned before how I got to 328 lbs...I just didn't think about it. I've always been big. I can't remember being under 200 really. I was "the fat girl" growing up...although it kind of amuses me now that the weight that made me the fat girl at 18 is the weight I'd like to be now! But I was okay, I could get guys, I had a few good friends, I partied, I had fun, I ate, didn't really care. Got married, gained more weight, got divorced, lost weight but still over 200, got married, gained weight...no 15 lb newlywed weight for me! I gained 115 the last go round! I was married, I was happy, DH loved me, we loved food, I didn't have to think about my appearance, I just didn't think about my health. I had high blood pressure - "oh well." I had heart arrythmia - "oh well". I had back problems - "oh well". My parent's both died when I was in my early 20's of heart-related illness...never thought about ME having problems. Inattention, apathy, that's what got me there. One day I just "woke up" and KNEW it wouldn't do anymore. Wasn't the day I ended up in the hospital for HBP - it was a YEAR later. One day I got on the scale at the Dr. and just said "ENOUGH". I've relapsed a few times since Feb. 2005. I got to a size 20 and said "Maybe I'm thin enough. This feels okay. Maybe I'll stop now." Took me a few months before I decided "No, I'm not done." My point is...I think YOU will know when you are ready to permanently change your life and I think all the reflecting you are doing is healthy. I hope something in this book I just wrote was worth reading.

Ruth: Thinking of you!

Mother, Elmay, Barbara, Judy, and everyone I'm sure I'm missing:

So I've taken 50 minutes out of my day and now must run. Got another couple of nuckleheads to listen to... Hope you all have an OP day! I'll BBL with WI results.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #21  

No gain, no loss. I'll take it!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #22  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY DAY LADIES!

I'm thrilled that I'm still O.P. and getting comfortable with it. : It's been a l...o...n...g... time since I was in control for more than a day at a time.

As to bugs. I'm ok with them. The only ones that really bother me are big hairy spiders (only if they're on me), and bees & wasps (same thing ... fly bys are ok.) I'm not fond of ticks but take precautions when there's a chance I'll be invading their territory.

Has anyone read Body Clutter? It's by the folks from Flylady. I bought it a few weeks ago but am not ready to read it yet. I know it asks you to look at how your life affects your weight and too be honest I'm not ready to face that part of me yet.

No time for personals. Hopefully tomorrw.

to all of you.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #23  
Beam me up Scotty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

Karen: EEEWWWEEEE! The THOUGHT of ANYTHING crawling in my ear is just AWFUL! Too many night-gallery epidodes I guess!
Lilion, that is SOOO funny, I know the exact show you are talking about! Guy tied to the bed, eggs in the brain...Ok, won't go any further... Never have been able to forget it. That's what was going through my mind THAT night.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm back from Chicago. Yesterday was a really long day. The meeting went okay - interesting, good to hear what is being planned, but after a while, it was yada, yada, yada. We didn't get into the airport until after 10:00 so it was after midnight when DH and I got home. Having the car service was wonderful. We got stretch limos in Chicago. Two people in a stretch. So I was a little tired today.

DB and his oldest, the son, just left. They came out to eat. We've gotten into a routine of once a week having dinner and an evening together. This is the first dinner for the nephew. Yes, the same one I wanted to hit in the back of the head on Saturday. I had a talk with him on the phone tonight to ask him just what exactly it would take for him to get off his butt and get his GED. Bribery sometimes works. I told him he didn't have to pay us back for the CD if he'd pass the GED. He's a smart kid who has made some really dumb choices. I've thought about these kids a lot lately and see that they need someone to believe in them - no matter what jacka$$ stuff they might do. We gave the oldest niece money today to help her catch up on rent. We are three for three now for having shelled out money to help them. But have explained - one time deal and then we discuss how they move forward and pay us back and figure out how for it not to happen again. My next strategy is to talk about life plans.

Speaking of life plans - need to get my own butt in gear and get my own goals figured out and how I am working towards what I really want and not get sidetracked or derailed. That being on the healthy weight front.

I had to laugh about the Night Gallery comments. I vaguely remember the show but not the episode. Hmm, wonder if that is on DVD? Every time I fly and sit where I can see down the wing, I think of the Twilight Zone episode (might have been the movie) where a passenger sees something out on the wing and flips out. I especially think of it when its dark. Do-do-do-do (imagine the theme).

I'm off to bed. to everyone!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:54 AM   #25  
Beam me up Scotty!

Yup, Twilight Zone. Both original show and movie. Originally played by Star Trek's own Captain Kirk! Obviously Karen watched to much TV! (but I haven't even had one now for 3 years!)
Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #26  

LOL KAREN! While I was reading Terri's post my brain was going, "Yeah! That was William Shatner! Good episode." Apparently you weren't the only one with a misspent youth!

Terri - glad you are home safe and sound. I'd have liked that limo!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #27  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Whuddya know? Monday a tanker driver, by Friday a payroll administrator. I start a new job tomorrow morning. At least this will be a job where I can't run over anybody with 80,000 pounds of gasoline. It will give me a chance to go back to work on my HR Masters degree, and I can still get a job working at the truck driving school maybe. It's just that getting up at 3:30 a.m. is SO much easier than getting up at 6... and putting on Eeewwww, MAKEUP!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #28  
Beam me up Scotty!

Yeah Valerie!! I'm so happy for you. Talk about being flexible!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #29  

Do whatever it takes~!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #30  

Good Evening Ladies!

Today, I emptied my Favorites, my cookies and my history. I think I have no choice but to stop all my internet time if I'm going to get any work done. And if I don't get any work done I'm going to be in SERIOUS trouble. So, I will be posting at night and PERHAPS at noon. Otherwise, I won't be.

I had a FATTENING day. I had chili for lunch and a BIG hot dog. That wouldn't have been so bad, but I also had a grilled cheese sandwich and a bunch of trail mix and then I made ham and cheese biscuits for my SCA event this weekend and ate one of those.

It's been a long time sicne I've eaten that much bad stuff in one day and I'm not happy about it. I am not sure WHY I did this and I'm not happy with myself at all.

Sooooo.....I'm gonna have a tough week I think, with no more flex points and a fattening weekend ahead of me. We'll see. Gonna have to just keep on trying I guess.
Closed Thread