Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #31  
My Baby

S/C/G: 320/291/125

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hey everyone!! I've had a good day. My knee feels better But I did have to take my 5 year old for his 4-6 year old shots. Not good. He didn't like it at all but who could blame him.
Katt---Congrats on the job. Crappy about the uniform. I had that happen and the person looked at me and asked if a XL would do for a few weeks to special order my uniform. I felt like a inch high. I feel for ya Girl!!
Raven--3 weeks of not smoking is excellent. Its been a year and a half for me and I am so glad that I can breathe without coughing!!
Ammi--I hope your back feels better.
Anyway I hope everyone has a great day!!
Crystal
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #32  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hey all - popping in because its been TOO long. im sorry!!

things here are - wierd... we got investigated my adult services because my mom reported me for elderly abuse. the worker was really nice about the whole thing and shes keeping the case open so my mom cant file another report. but we got a clear on everything. its really rediculous that this happened, i mean there are people that truely need the help that werent because we were being frivously investigated. seriously - and i know you are going to say not to talk like this, but its true - my mom needs to die. its the only way anyone else will get any peace in thier lives. its sad, i know. but its the reality.

beyond that my grandfather passed away on friday. that evening my cat got hit by a car too... its been a rough week. to say the least.

in happier news. Paul (the boy) and I had a really long and good talk last night. altho i did not tell him why i was upset with him (too incriminating) but i agreed to try to not be so crazy when i am mad, and he will try to not make me mad... lol its wierd. i told him that what i was upset about wasnt necessarily what he did - but that i found out info that i shouldnt have, and that it was just something i had to get over, and i had decided to. its that simple. and had he not asked when the last time i was mad at him was he would have never known the difference.

so beyond that things are good. i had a 1.6 loss this week. that made me happy. also, im going to vegas on tuesday, then i come back and have class for 2 days and i go to Montana for thanksgiving then i come back and we are having our launch party for my job (check out gopotato.tv) and then my bosses are going to st. barths and so im off for another week, and then finals, and christmas, then back to montana for winter break, then we start back to school in january. yay!

its a busy time of year. i love it.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

OK finally home from work and now I can do serious reading lol.

MICHELLE – have a safe and great trip to Anchorage! And trust me 90% of people don’t even notice anyone on the plane, they are just too terrified

Everytime I read you’re from Alaska or now Anchorage I remember of that thing that was on TV, how was it called…uhhh..northen something??? Anyway I loved it, didn’t missed a show

Katt – Im sorry your mum wasn’t more supportive. Parents just think they can say anything to a kid (no matter what age) regardless how much hurtful it might be. Im sure she wasn’t even thinking about what she said. Well you can either let go or tell her, I know I’d be telling her, but that’s just me I cant shut up You know you are doing great and if she cant see that that’s her problem!
Wow you do have a lot of animals…that’s nice. I only had a dog, he died years ago, now I have two cats, a fish tank with nine fish and a pond with, hm I don’t know how many fish lol, but If I count all the frogs in there we practical have a ZOO

Erika – you use pen and paper I use Microsoft word lol I also cant remember everything I read it just plenty Great news about the ‘scale surprise’

Toofatforu – sorry to hear about the FFM Keeping my finger crossed for next week!

Nancy are we gonna see any pics of a new haircut? Well if curiosity killed the cat, I hope it wont kill me

Luan – sounds like you really have a hard time lately Sorry to hear about your grandfather and the cat
Well at least you manage to workout things with your bf that’s a good news, I hope it’ll work out for you two. And a loss of pounds is a great news! Hang in there

Everyone else..hi

Im off for the day. That pizza made me tired, dont feel like working out...oh well. Just gonna make my drink and off to bed. I got so used of making my self a fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice every night I just had to have it and it prevents me of any late night cravings. Its great!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend and try to spoil yourselves a little
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Luan - Sorry you're having such a rough time. Hope things get better. -hugs-

Well, actually working now....we get busy right before we get ready to leave for the day, of course. Don't know how much I'll be able to get on this weekend...staying at Andrew's this weekend. So, if I don't get to catch up with you guys over the weekend, I'll start over fresh on Monday, cuz I know there's no way I could do all the personals from an entire weekend. :P

Have a great one!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Michelle - I hope you have a great time while you are away. Try not to let your size stop your enjoyment. If people are going to stare then let them see a beautiful woman who isn’t letting her size stop her enjoying life. They might actually admire you for that rather than think anything negative

Thanks for hoping my back gets better soon. I know I hate not being able to exercise etc, but I have to admit that I am enjoying having my hubby do all the chores while I rest up

Lavandel - sorry I can’t help you with your question about the pizza, but I just want to say I LOVE pizza with tuna on it. When I am not dieting I go to my local supermarket and get them to make me one with tuna, sweet corn, and red onions as my chosen toppings, yummy.

Patti - thanks for hoping my back will be better soon, I hope so too, I wanna stay on track with my exercising. I think to be safe I will wait until Monday to exercise again, I don’t normally do much on the weekend anyway.

Try to keep away from those scales now until next Friday ok

Kayley - yes you are right about your eating habits. It’s a wonderful NSV. I was thinking this morning when I was sweating away on my Gazelle Rider that I better see a good weight loss on Monday or all the hard work would have been for nothing. BUT then I gave myself a telling off because even if I don’t lose lbs I am getting fitter and I am definitely toning up. The numbers on the scales are only to be seen as a bonus, not the be all and end all of my lifestyle change.

Thanks for hoping my back is better soon. If good wishes from you all will work I be better by the morning

Lori - thanks so much for sharing the story of your romance. Gosh no, it’s not weird at all to meet somebody on the Internet, there are quite a few people here that either met their guys that way or through dating sections in newspapers . How romantic that Rich proposed to you at Disney, did he get down on one knee and do the whole romantic proposal? Daren and I have lots of romantic moments that I could waffle on for hours about, but I will spare you and just tell you about the very first one. On New Years Eve after talking online and on the phone for a month I just had this feeling that he was going to turn up on my door step and if he did I told myself that I would tell him I would marry him He doesn’t have a car and he lived 5 hours on a train away from me. Anyway by about 11 pm I realised he wasn’t going to turn up, but then he rang me and he said that he had been fighting coming to see and the only reason he didn’t come was because he didn’t want to freak me out turning up uninvited. I told him then my plan to tell him I would marry him if he had turned up and he was gutted that he hadn’t gone with his instincts to turn up. Soooo, the next day I sent him a text message asking what time he would be online so we could have a chat. His answer - the only line I am on today is the train line. He was on his way to see me. And the rest as they say is history

Crystal - what a beautiful name! I am glad your knee is much better now, I hope it continues to stay better.

Sorry that your son wasn’t amused at having his shots, my daughter is 15 and she freaks out more when she has shots now than she ever did when she was little.

Luan - I am so sorry to hear what a rough time you have been having lately To go through being investigated because of that false report made by your mum, plus losing your grand dad and your cat being run over as well, it’s just awful. I am really upset for you. On the plus side I am glad you had a good talk with Paul, I am sure it will make it much easier when you go on holidays together soon. And on losing weight too, that’s pretty hard to do when you are under so much stress

Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #36  

Ammi i will go put up my scales right now lol
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #37  

Patti - glad to hear it
Old 11-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #38  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

*hand up* Here's another one who met her wonderful hubby on the Internet. We didn't meet on a dating site, but on a regular forum/chat site, where we had been chatting to LOTS of people (except each other, funnily enough) and one day we were the only two familiar names on the site. There were always HEAPS of familiar people, but this day all the other names were new and the people seemed like a bunch of teenagers. So Neil sent me a message asking about it and I sent a message back saying that I didn't know why all the familiar people were missing, but he probably didn't want to talk to me either because I was in a REALLY bad mood. A friend at work was in a bad situation and I was NOT a happy camper. Well... he says that that was like waving a red flag at a bull and he was then determined to make me feel better. He sent me a few jokes, and then we started messaging, then emailing, then we sent letters, then the phone calls, and photos, and parcels... then he decided to come over to visit me for a holiday... from CANADA. We kind of knew that this was probably permanent, but I don't suppose you are ever 100% sure until you are together for a while. Well, we have been together ever since, except for a few days when he had to go away to satisfy visa requirements. We cried every day during that time, so decided we NEVER wanted to do that again.

We met just over 8 years ago and have been married almost 6 years and 5 months. It is still a little weird to tell people that we met on the Internet, but I figure that it can't be any worse than meeting in a pub, or some such place. Really, people talk about being deceived by someone on the Internet, but you can be just as easily deceived by someone you meet in real life. It may be harder in some ways, but it can still be done.

Anyway... Here's to the Internet!!!! May many more people find happiness as we have.

Zelma
Old 11-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #39  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick message.

Luan - Wishing that a 'poisonous' person was out of your life may sound bad, but it is also a natural thing for your own sanity I think. It is a pity that you couldn't move to the other end of the earth away from her. Western Australia IS a beautiful place to live! Just a thought... Seriously though, I am SO sorry that she is causing you such grief. I remember you talked about when this first happened and it sounds as though she isn't very stable mentally at all. That must be very hard to cope with, not knowing which way she could turn at any minute. I hope you find some way to get through this. At least the people investigating you seem to have a clear handle on things and if she does something similar in the future there will be a record of the fact that she makes unsubstantiated accusations.
I am glad you had that talk with Paul. I know you are probably still a little disappointed that you didn't end up a 'couple', but at least you are on more comfortable terms now. When is your trip away with him and your other friends? That should be a little easier to cope with now.

I'll post more individual replies later, but am off to go shopping now. It is a dreary kind of day and the whole weekend is going to be a little cooler and cloudy I think. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are looking fine and warm (30/32C, 96/90F) which should be lovely. We are off to the zoo for an excursion on Friday and so far they have forecast fine and 24C/74F, which will be perfect I think. Not too warm, so we shouldn't burn, but no rain. Fingers crossed that the day turns out to be just like that.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 11-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #40  

what wonderful stories Ammi and Zelda!my sister met her 2nd husband on the internet and after being married the first time to an alcoholic for 15 long sad years i can honestly say this 2nd husband had made all her dreams come true!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #41  

Zelma - aha I detected the accent on your video clip when they spoke to Neil, didn't guess Canada. What a wonderful romance story, thanks for sharing. Why did Neil move to Australia rather than you move to Canada?

You are spot on about the bad press meeting people on the Internet has, I think they should advertise the great stories as well.

Patti - I am so happy for your sister, that's wonderful that she met her dream man on the Internet. Sounds like she deserves a good man after the last one she had.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #42  

she does deseve her good man i am very happy for her and i have a wonderful man too!we are very lucky!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #43  

STOP!!
DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!!
COME OVER TO '300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN #1056' INSTEAD!
SEE YOU THERE CHICKIES!!
Closed Thread