Happy Scale Victory: NOT OBESE ANYMORE!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This morning, to my surprise, the scale read 179!!!!!!!
    3 times!!!!!

For a 5’5” woman, that is technically not obese anymore!!! (Yes, that’s according to the BMI charts. They are flawed, yes, but it was a goal).

I normally weigh on Mondays, and given that this number was a bit of a surprise, I expect that by Monday my weight will be up again. But you know what?? I’m calling this goal DONE. Even if I go up, I’ll go back down again.

So, what’s next? When I first set this goal I never imagined I’d be able to go further, but it turns out I’m not done. I’m just now getting into weight lifting more seriously and can see my body changing more, getting stronger. My next goal is 165… and then we’ll see.
  • We demand new pictures! You are an awesome lady Heather and I admire you so much!
  • heh. It's funny you should say that -- I was already thinking I should get my husband to get the camera out!!
  • Wyllenn that is awesome! So happy & proud for you! And I agree, pictures are a must!
  • way to go! what an accomplishment! i agree with everyone else--you'll have to post pictures!
  • Heather - Congratulations! You are such an inspiration!!! Most definitely new pictures!
  • What an inspiration! You for sure must get pictures! WTG!
  • WOW~!!! I'm all teared up.....our starting weights are so similar....that's incredible. I'm so proud of you. You totally inspire me! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congratulations Heather on the milestone ~ awesome!!
  • Thanks everyone --

And Michelle, you're not doing too shabby either!!!
  • way to go i am so happy for you!
  • Heather, let me add my . You are truly an inspiration to us all. You are proof that this can be done and be done sanely. I am so happy for you!
  • Way to go, Heather! I am so proud of you.

Yes... Pictures... we demand pictures!!
  • WOO HOO .... WTG Heather!! Im looking forward to getting into the Obese range lol ... and I know I would like to get to the non obese range .. but Im not sure how thin that would make me cos I really dont want my bones stickin out lol ... but you definitely do inspire one to give it a go!!

Soooo well done .. and I am sure you can reach whatever other goal you set for yourself too
  • Now ... tell us how you did that.