Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #1  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Default newbee alert!!!!

I'm not sure where to start accept in saying that I am 390lbs. and ready to try again. Of course this is'nt my first try ,it is my fourth. I think I have gained and lost several pounds in past efforts. Most of the time it lead to me feeling worse about myself in the end,even depression.I still work a 40 hr. work week at my shop. Lots of times it's a struggle to get up the steps to my house when I get home and I can't help but think what my neighbors must think. I'm tired of hurting,there's not a day that goes by when I don't feel pain. I miss riding a bike, gardening, bending over!! well , you know. I just need to know that I'm not the only one like this and maybe make some friends along the way. I'm also new to the internet/computer thing too so I've been stumbling my way through things. well,wish me luck and I wish it to you as well!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Colneen! Welcome to the area, we're glad to have you joining us. I think as you peruse the area you'll find that there is lots of information here as well as lots of great people.

Up above in the "stickied" area you'll find threads that are set up with all sorts of stuff from recipes to pictures to a special thread just for NEWBIES. Please feel free at any time to ask questions. We were all new once. I'm the moderator for the area and I am always happy to help.

You didn't mention your age, but the numbered threads are where the action is. The 40+ thread was started a little over a year ago for those that are over or near 40 because as we age there are even more challenges to losing weight. Please feel free to post in either or both of the numbered threads and get to know the girls and let us get to know you.

Hope to see you posting real soon.

BTW, I'm from Michigan too, but the East side of the state.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/268/140

Height: 5'8

Welcome! I'm new too (well sorta, I've joined, lurked, and then ran for the hills several times, but I'm here to stay and hope you are too!). So far this seems to be a great source of support - everyone here really knows what we're all going through. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Colneen and So glad you are here!!!

Hey, this a great group of encouragers! I look forward to getting to know you.

Please join us in the numbered threads... that is where most of the chat is. Currently at 1047 I think but that changes very frequently.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome, Angel! Glad to have you joining us as well.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #6  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi there Colneen .. WELCOME on in!!

Congratulations about getting back onto the journey for better health Its not going to be a short one when we start over 300 pounds, and there will be times when again the path deters from the healthiest one .. BUT .. you are to be congratulated because you are trying AGAIN!! Keep in mind you only fail when you dont get back on the path, and you will find a lot of us on here have naughty days (or weekends lol) on this journey .. but that is where this site helps .. please come on in .. you dont have to have a positive post every time .. its not those times when most of us have our biggest battle with temptation .. so be proud of yourself hun ... good on you .. and see you on the boards!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:55 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Hi Colneen, let me just add this. There is lots of newbees around here..they come and go. But I feel that those sticking around actually make some progress, somehow I have a feeling thoose who're gone are stucked where they were. So stick around and you'll see a difference soon WELCOME!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #8  

Hi Colneen

Glad you found this site! Like many others have said already...this is wonderful support group! I find checking in here and posting daily helps me stay focused on the goal of getting rid of this weight. I used to just give up when I had a bad day. But coming here even on my bad days inpsires me to keep trying. Congrats on making the decision to lose weight. You can do it!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hi colneen! glad you're here with us! i just started this site a couple of weeks ago and love it! everyone is so supportive and helpful, and it's a good place to come just to complain or share a laugh. hope you find it as helpful as i have and hope to see you on the numbered threads! lori
Old 11-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Colneen - I totally know what you mean about only having the energy to get through your day. At my highest I could barely get up the stairs to my apartment - I had to take them one stair at a time and my knees hurt so badly. You are more than welcome here - as others have said please join us on the main chat thread.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #11  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

I just wanted to throw in my welcome too. This is a fabulous place. You can get encouragement, support, laughs, shoulders to cry on & kicks in the butt all in one place.
We are all trying, just like you. Don't give up, you can do it! The mountain may feel insurmountable now but think how you'll feel at the top!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #12  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Thank you all for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! I actually was'nt sure what my weight was when I started last week because when I got on the scale it did'nt have any numbers...it just said 'errr'! I got up the guts to step on again this morning and it said 379!!! I have numbers! I'm 42 yrs. old but i've never had trouble losing the wieght it's been the keeping it off that's the challange. I lose about 75 to 100 and start feeling good and allow my self to slip into my bad habbits. I think that i've learned the lesson this time and won't go back again.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #13  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Welcome!! I'm pretty new here too and it's easy to jump in!! We are in 1048 right now!! Come on in!!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:25 AM   #14  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Colneen!! (I have a sister called Colleen, and this is so close I almost feel related!)

This is a wonderful place to come to whine, complain, gloat, cheer, cry, laugh, shout, etc... etc... No matter what you do, there will be someone here to sympathise with you or cheer you on. We have all been there and still are in many respects. I have been at a pretty good weight now for over 7 months, but I still like coming on here and chatting. I often get good advice and I hope that sometimes I give some good advice. I also find that I love the accountability of visiting here. I particularly like posting to the exercise thread. I don't do it often enough, but I keep track of my exercise in a Word document and post whenever I get around to it. It keeps me moving at times when I would rather just do absolutely nothing.

I have found that the trick with maintaining is that if you lose weight by just making gradual changes to your lifestyle, instead of 'dieting', then when your body gets to a weight it is happy with it will just sit there. I know it sounds very simplified, but that is exactly how it worked for me. I haven't changed anything I was doing when I was losing weight. Well, I may exercise a LITTLE less, and now and then I allow myself some food that I wouldn't have had before, but that is a VERY rare occurrence. Basically I made these changes for LIFE, so I don't see why I should do anything different now I have lost the weight. I hope that makes some kind of sense to you.

I hope you enjoy it here and that we see many more posts from you.

Zelma
Old 11-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello and Colneen, glad you found us here. What I find so great about this place is that no matter how you are feeling there is always somebody who is in the same boat as you, or has been in the same boat as you, be it with your weight or just about anything else. I love it here, as I am sure you will.

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread