Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Default 300+ and ready to try again #1047

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Ok, that was my first conversion to a new thread but it was up to 45 posts! I assume I did it correctly. If the board fairy could please close the last thread.... thank you
Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning, my lovely ladies! Just got up, and still feeling pretty good...so hopefully, I'm over that bout of tonsilitis! It's a pretty cold day here. It snowed yesterday, and I'm hoping it doesn't snow today. I'm going to work on some schoolwork, as I wasn't able to go into classes this week, so I'm not too far behind come next week. Not going into work today, just because I'd have to talk a lot, and I don't want to irritate my tonsils just as they're getting better. My paycheck is going to suffer immensely, as I only put in 6 hours this week, but at least I'm better now. I'll be around until Andrew comes a little later, working on work, as I said, so I'll try and pop in, and keep on top of things...heh.

Jill - Your hard work will pay off...it just takes time, and even though it's so hard to wait (I know, I'm one of the most impatient people in the WORLD), I'm sure soon that scale will be cooperative! Just keep your chin up!

Raven - Hi! I never welcomed you! Amazing how much you find out, isn't it? I was 19 when I started this weight loss journey, too, and my goal was to make goal by my 21st birthday. I've been stalled for 3 months now, though, so I don't think that's going to happen, seeing as my 21st birthday is in 7 months. But I wish you the BEST of luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Wezi - BRAVO! I've never done WATP...but have heard such good things about it.

Misti - Well, that sounds like fun! I just wish I had more time to devote here, and to the threads...maybe if they still have it in a few months, I'll have more time.

Lavandel - It snowed most of the afternoon here yesterday, so I feel with you. I LOATHE winter!

Ammi - Have a GREAT day!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/268/140

Height: 5'8

Wow you guys move fast! Thank you all for the warm welcome. There's no way I can catch up to the last thread so I'll start here and pretend I'm up to date.

I notice a lot of you ladies have problems with husbands and also having junk around the house all the time. I can relate - my first husband was on me 24/7 about my weight, and he analyzed every bite of food I put into my mouth. Then I divorced and remarried, and I now have a husband who is the opposite - he says my weight is fine, and constantly brings home horrible, yummy fattening food, despite my begging him to at least keep it out in the van (not hard to do now, with the cold weather, really). It's baffling, since I don't know why he would want me to be fat and miserable, but I think he's insecure. He never had a serious relationship before we met, and he has seen pics of me thin, so I suspect he's afraid I might turn into someone that could easily get another guy. That is SO not true, and he denies feeling that, but our family doctor has known DH all his life, and he agrees with me. Men can be so odd. My ex, once I got down to being thin enough to wear the sexy clothes that he always bugged me to diet into, actually got mad when I wore them, and when he realized he wasn't the only man to notice my new figure, he wanted me to cover up and stay hidden when his friends were over. No wonder we're so messed up where weight is concerned!

Sigh, my toddler has realized that Mommy is doing something that doesn't involve him and is now pitching a fit, so I have to go for now - hopefully I'll be back later!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Work has been really busy so I don't have time during the day to post (unless I am super productive - maybe I can get back here later).

I am going out with a friend I met at the gym tonight for her birthday. You know, I remember at my highest weight I was scared to make friends because my physical ability was so impeded that I could barely make it through a trip to the mall. I knew I could ask my BF to stop and rest if I needed it, but I felt embarrassed to do that with a potential friend.

Anyway, hope to be back later, but if not then definitely this weekend. My BF has to work all day on Sunday on a special project so I get some just me time!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - rats on the FFM not visiting on your official WI, but she has been kind recently so I won’t shout at her this time. I am glad that you are giving yourself a break from exercising while you are getting over your cold. I hope you will be 100% better soon.

Thanks for wishing Daren and Caleigh happy birthdays, they have both really enjoyed their days. We are taking Caleigh out this afternoon to an indoor fun place which normally she is too old for. This one does sessions for older kids, so Caleigh will be over the moon because she loves places like that and hates that she is too old (thanks to Sharon for finding the place)

Raven - well done on setting an exercise goal. Normally I don’t like to set goals, but I know how much I can fit into my day, choose my goal, and having it really helps me to exercise on those days when I am just feeling lazy and would rather not do it. If I don’t meet my goal like last month because I have been ill I am fine with that. But I refuse to not meet my goal because of being lazy I am sure you will meet yours but don’t let it get you down if you don’t!

Lavendel - I love your new avatar photo! Thanks for asking, yes I am keeping well now. I came off the meds that were causing me all the bother and since then apart from the beginnings of a cold I have been great. The cold never amounted to much, so now I feel great.

As for traffic, we don’t drive, but sometimes when we are on a bus or in a taxi and we get stuck in ridiculous traffic I often think we would be quicker walking!!

Katy - sometimes it does pay to think back to pig outs of old and compare them to our new ones. In most cases what we consider a pig out now is NOTHING compared to old ones, just like you figured out. It’s like today, now don’t laugh, this is a legitimate meal here, today Daren ate ******s and beans I love cold ******s (stop laughing) so I had two of them. I can’t count points as I have no idea what each one would be. I felt so guilty because I felt like I was going off my plan. But I’m not. That was my lunch, and I just hope they weren’t too fattening.

Andie - well done on starting a new thread. Shame we all didn’t have the magic powers to close off the last ones too isn’t it

Kayley - so glad to hear you in good spirits. It’s a good idea to stay home and rest your throat, you don’t want any set backs with it now do you!

Thanks, I am having a great day and there’s plenty of fun to come.

Angel - I was in a similar situation as you with my first hubby. He actually left me because I got fat after we got married - jerk! My wonderful new husband has actually made me feel beautiful and sexy despite being the size I am. The only reason he wants me to lose weight is for my health. He is very encouraging and I feel so lucky. Perhaps if you explained to your hubby how you want to do all you can to make sure you have a longer life span, which is what you want for all of your sakes, yours, your hubby’s and your son‘s, then maybe he will be a bit more supportive. It doesn’t have to come down to looks, it’s a big health issue. I hear you about him feeling possibly insecure. Daren is the same, he is always asking if he is going to have to watch me now I am losing weight. He says it as a joke, but his ex lost a lot of weight and turned into a bit of a tart, not just dressing like one, but sleeping around too, and he dreads me going the same way. I have assured him I won’t, and it helps, so you should just give your hubby lots of assurances too. Until he stops tempting you with naughty food I just hope you have the will power to say NO THANK YOU

Nancy - I hope you have a lovely time with your friend tonight, don’t forget to tell us all about it when you get chance to post next.

Brenda - I see you commented on my blog, thank you. I appreciate what you said to :hug
:

Ok time to get ready to go out, so take care all and I’ll ‘see’ you all later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #7  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

So only another 20 minutes of work and then im off to work out. I only hope I can sleep after i work out. Usually it gives you energy and i need to get some sleep today. but i guess it doesnt really matter because i dont have to work tonight. Yeah!

Ammi- Thanks for the support. Yeah i decided that i will just go ahead and set a goal because the only thing that can happen is that i feel better by doing some exercise and maybe lose some weight. And if i dont make is this month then i know i set it too high.

Thanks to everyone else that sent a reply back to me. I will be back on later to send personal messages.
Thanks
~*~ RAVEN ~*~
Old 11-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #8  

Angel - My fiance and I have a lot of self conscious issues. He lost 200 pounds before I met him, though, so he knows what I'm going through...he's my constant inspiration. He was nearly 400 pounds, and now he's around 180-200 (depending...he's doing weight lifting, so he's been gaining a lot of muscle).

Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  

hey everyone-

Just a quick check in. My new shoes came last night! They are a little loose on the heels...but not bad. But overall they feel great! HUGE difference when walking! No wonder my ankles were killing me when I was working out! So maybe now I can look forward to working out. *lol* Sorry no time for personals have to go run errands. I will try to catch up later. Hope you all have a great start to the weekend! Take care!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #10  

Ammi i do feel lousy with this cold but hopefully i will back in full swing soon. and i am not disappoined today the FFM has been very kind this week! have fun!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #11  

Managed to do 20 mins of high impact cardio dance. Felt good to move again! I really need to try and do my Yoga, if I can't do anything else. I was starting to feel so limber, and I like the instructor very much....the Just My Size Yoga...

Actually, I checked out the instructor (Megan Garcia)'s book from my college's library, and I might end up buying it. Very informative/inspirational, and I could see myself eventually being able to do all the moves in the book...not quite yet, though!

I'm going to head off here, and take a shower, and make myself look decent. I'm hoping Andrew will be up for a walk, and maybe we can get some pictures together before all the leaves are off the trees. It's not too bad of a day, so hopefully I can talk him into it!

I'll try and check back on before I leave this afternoon.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #12  

Well, Andrew will be here anytime now, so I'm going to head offline. Hope you all have a GREAT day! Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up tonight.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee ... just a quickie .. we are going up to Woodville today (about 1.5 hours away) to get my elliptical!! Did my official weigh in today .. didnt expect a nice reaction but I was stunned instead lol ... I have lost 4.1 pounds!!! Im a day late with my weigh in ... I was so busy yesterday I forgot lol .. but Im sooo happy about the loss!! TOM has gone (it was just teasing me on Wed/Thur .. grrrr) .. and yesterday I did end up eating 2 meals .. both really late ones lol .. but I had my cereal at dinner time .. then a couple of hours later I had a subway roll with my hunny, and I had a hot chocolate for supper. Im just gonna grab a muesli bar for breakfast cos we gotta go ... but apparently my hunny is taking me somewhere for lunch on our trip so I just hope its somewhere with "good" foods on the menu lol ..

Off to quickly change my ticker .. I havent done any official dvd exercise the last 2 days .. been wearing myself out cleaning and helping dad dig the post holes .. but will be able to get back into it tonight (esp when I get to try out my new elliptical )

Love and Laughter everyone ...

Will write more later on
Old 11-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 300+/268/140

Height: 5'8

Quick post while DS is distracted, hee hee hee...

Ammi, I see that the insecurity thing is a universal trend! Of course, it could be fun to KNOW I had the body to dress like a tart , but I wouldn't be running around - however, I think that's what he's afraid of. But don't even ask how often I catch him checking out 'skinny' girls.

Good luck with your first goal, Raven!

Kayley, that is great that your fiance lost so much weight - good for him!!! It must be great to have live-in inspiration like that.

Michelle, what kind of shoes did you get? I'm itching for a pair, but I've decided I'm not allowed to get a nice pair until I start a regular work out routine, sort of an incentive/reward to get off my butt.

"too" - Sorry, I don't see your real name anywhere, but anyways, I hope you feel better soon.

Okay, apparently my time is up, so hello to everyone else, with luck I'll get back here over the weekend but if not, have a goood one, ladies!

Last edited by FallenAngel; 11-03-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: rotten spelling
Old 11-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #15  

Hello everyone I am new too this site. My name is Lesley I am 30 and married with 3 kids. I have a lot of weight to lose and i am struggling as my hubby get jealous too when i start to look good and other men start commenting About 2 years ago i lost 24 kilo and hubby just lost the plot he got so jealous and insecure that i was going to take of with another man he even accused me of having an affair which i had no intention of doing as 1 man is enough for me. I am finding it hard to get my head around his insecuraties so i am finding it really hard to lose weight. I am hoping that the people on this site will help me on my journey of weight loss and support me when i feel down.

Lesley
Closed Thread