Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies,

Another weekend, another injury. At least this one wasn't horse related. Stupid nonetheless. Yesterday, I didn't pick my foot up high enough walking into the back end of the barn and tripped myself. Except that I didn't just fall down, I stumbled several feet before crashing to the ground. Face first into the straw hay bale. I slammed my knee and elbow into the rubber mat and lay there stunned for a minute or two. Thank goodness for the rubber mat or else that would have been concrete but the rubber mat isn't exactly soft. My knee hurts like crap and my right arm even worse. I jammed my arm socket (rotator cuff??) when I landed on my elbow. That will throw a moneky wrench into working out for a few days. I came hobbling out of the barn with straw all over my jacket and hair. I'm sure I looked ridiculous.

Today was a gorgeous day. We finally went back to our old church. I really miss the ladies and they missed me!

This afternoon my DB and his youngest came out. She is kind of scared about the horses but has been getting better about being with them. So I had her get a halter and go get Phoenix because he is the one who is least likely to act stupid. I had her walk him up and down the driveway and brush him down. Then we put a kids saddle on him and she walked him around. He could have cared less. So we got a chair for her to stand on and put weight on his back and he didn't even move. We took the saddle off and I told her how to do a Clinton Andersen (horse trainer) move of laying on the length of his back and rubbing him. That puts weight on him that is evenly distributed and if he moves, then just flip your legs to the side and slide on off. He was curious but didn't move. She did that several times. With her dad helping, she slide up to where she could sit on him while he was walked around. For the first time of anyone being on him, he did awesome. We'll work with him over the winter like that and when he goes to the trainer, it will be to do the finishing work only. Now I need to get my big butt in gear because I'll be riding him come spring!

Food has been okay this weekend. Exercise has been limited to some outside work since my crash and burn.

Valerie - Good luck on your first day of the job! I am so thrilled for you. Great job on throwing that candy out. Great job!

I'm off to make some popcorn for dinner. And maybe punch DH in the nose since he acted like a total jacka$$ this afternoon that my DB came out.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 10-30-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #17  

Good Evening Ladies!

Late Sunday night...well, feels late anyway! We did yard work all day and I am BEAT! Feels pretty good though, we got a lot accomplished. Then I sat and watched more leaves fall off the trees onto my newly raked lawn! I managed to run to CJ Banks, and bought a kaki (sp?) skirt in a size 16! I also got a couple of tops. All on sale. I really, REALLY wanted this black jacket that would look absolutely beautiful with a black skirt I have and jeans AND the kaki skirt - but it was also $60 and I just need clothes too bad to spend that much on just one thing. I may still have to go back and get it.

Yesterday we did out Halloween party we'd been invited to. I'm posting a few photos of my widow costume and my dearly departed DH! Hop over to the picture thread for a few. Wasn't TOO bad at the party, but ate like a pig afterwards.

Terri - OWWIE! You poor thing! You really need to quit hurting yourself! I hope you didn't injure the rotator cuff...that can really nag on. Hope you are feeling better.

Valerie - Good for you for taking the candy to the trash! I survive Halloween by only getting candy I don't like. Starbursts and poprocks are all I have in the house right now and not many of those. If I can just keep from snitching the good stuff from the kid I'll be okay.

Thin - Really, I'm sorry the Tigers didn't win. I was just teasing you...I really couldn't care less about baseball! The only time I ever watched even a world series game was back in the 80's when the Cardinals and the Royals were both playing and they called it the I-70 series. I lived in Columbia and was in law school, so I spent a lot of time at the bars and the games were on.

Mother - You have every right to be proud and happy and cry a river! Good for you!

Well all, I'm off for now. Hope to hear from more of you tomorrow!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #18  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening Chickies!

How's everyone doing? I'm just going along the flow. Not to much going on other than work and school. Me and my big mouth did get me involved in yet another committment though.

On top of taking on the secretary position in my honor society, I have now been included on the team for a regional HR competition in Feb. I believe it is put on by the Society for Human Resource Management. It's a Jeopardy style competition all about human resources and supposed to be quite a feather in the cap for any school association that wins it, not to mention, looks great on the resume! Oh yeah, and we had a speaker come in from Cisco, very enlightening, brought us a lot of cool gadgets too!

I tried a few new foods this week that I thought were great and wanted to pass them on if you hadn't heard of them. I found Lyon's Mane/Pom Pom mushrooms and Gogi berries at Whole Foods, Yum! Then I got dried, unsulfered, unsweetened Cape Gooseberries at Trader Joes. Another Yum! As a kid I used to LOVE the Adam's Sour Apple/Grape/Cherry gum but of course not something I would have now. These Gooseberries have that same kind of tart/sweet taste. I was in heaven. Lots of vitamin A and fiber too.

Mother, on that NSV! Must feel great! I'd cry too.

Valerie, have fun at work! As much fun as you can have at 3:30am any way... I'm sure it will be worth it though.

Teri, OWWWIEEE.... Hope it feels better soon.

Thin, well, I don't know anything about baseball, nor have I ever had any interest, but Awwww...Maybe next year?

To everyone else that's lurking.

Off to study for yet another midterm.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #19  
Visualize Whirrled Peas!!

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Newbie Old Hen for 100lbs plus

Hello all. Arizona Newbie here. Just ran across your site and thought this would be a great place to start my journey! Hope to get to know all of you.

Mary
Old 10-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #20  

Mary - we have another Mary here too! I'll probably call you Jett, if that's okay. You'll find we move kindof slow on this thread, but we're all nice to talk to! And at least it's easy to keep up!!!

Karen: The competition sounds like it could be fun...if all the questions were'nt about human resources. I think I'd do better at REAL Jeopardy! Good luck - start studying!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #21  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Welcome Mary / Jett!

Terri, BE CAREFUL. My ex's pet peeve is when people tell you to be careful AFTER you trip. Really. Ouch.

Terri, Thin, Lilion, all, thanks for hugs and support. I don't have the energy to deal with these lost friends. They'll have to sort themselves out. If they want to talk sometime, great, if not, I'm just going on with my life. Which is maybe a very good thing.

ONLY ONE MORE MONTH OF BEING COMPLETELY BROKE! Tomorrow I make the last payment on the debt that got me taken to court... so I'll be broke until I get my November paycheck.... and then I might be able to splurge on things like a new bra (I keep praying this bra strap doesn't break!)

I was interviewed on the radio today... only learned afterwards that they broadcast on the web I coulda made y'all listen if I'd known!

Hope everyone's having a great Monday.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #22  
Vortex

So I just set a new goal for myself. I've been moving SOOOO slowly... yes, all downward, but I really need to pick up the pace a little. So I've decided I want to be under 290 by my 40th birthday.... that's 18 pounds in 16 weeks, just a little over a pound a week. If I actually make some effort, it should be achievable. And it would be nice to start a new decade with some kind of milestone.

So look out, here I come, getting a little more serious finally.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #23  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I can't concentrate right now because my husband is yammering in one ear and Barb is running the vaccuum in my other ear (not that I'm complaining about THAT!) But I just wanted to tell you that my worst fears - that my trainer would be a macho jerk who had me crawling around under the trailer checking the brakes at 5 this morning and would then spend the rest of the day trying to make me miserable enough to quit - those fears were totally needless. My trainer is a totally cool guy and knows how to put a person at ease so they can learn. For today he just had me ride along and watch. Next time out I'll actually start to do stuff. I think I'm really gonna like this job, even if there are some tough parts of it.

I didn't get any 'exercise' in today, but I did go clean my stalls. Right now I just wanna go to bed since I've been up since 3 and there was a conspiracy last night between my dogs and everyone with my cell number. Sleep was scarce. I did take a bunch of fruit out of the fridge to take with me today, but left it on the kitchen counter of course. I ended up with a Panera's sandwich for lunch & an apple, so I really didn't do badly food-wise considering that Burger King was my other option.

Sorry no replies for the moment, except TERRI, I'm so sorry you got hurt like that! I know someone who did something similar and stove her shoulder so badly it was in a sling and useless for over a year. I hope you are much better soon!

And LILION, I can't think of any candy that I don't like... maybe fireballs, but the kids probably wouldn't appreciate them either. If there were poprocks in the house, I might not eat as much, but I'd still eat some. Sugar. The root of all evil. Well, sugar and men, but mostly sugar.

MARY - WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!! My hubby is on his way to Pheonix from Vegas as I type. Arizona is lovely this time of year... when we're starting to freeze our bagindies off here in Ohio... still nothing like Alaska or Minnesota though, so I'd best not complain too loudly. Anyway, glad to have you here to share the fun and adventure!

ANGELA, that's such a good and doable goal - GO for it!!! I wish you luck and willpower!

KAREN, RUTH, BARB... Oh, I know I'm missing someone else special... my brain is beginning automatic shutdown. HUGS to every wonderful body!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #24  
Beam me up Scotty!

Evening everybody!

Mary! I have to tell you, I just just about died laughing when I read your statement under your name. "Visualize Whirrled Peas!!" It took me a minute to figure it out. My first puzzled reaction was "What? You want me to think of Regan in the Exorcist??" This would be the time of year you know.

Angela, I'm so glad the money worries are almost over. I just love that feeling! Boy, if buying a bra is "splurging", I must be down right EVIL!

Lilion, Way to go on that size 16 skirt! The smallest I EVER achieved in my adult life was a 14. Can't wait to see that again. Hmm, maybe that's my next mini goal!

Weigh in today, down 2 pounds.

Off to work, have a great night everyone!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #25  
Vortex

Valerie, Great news about the trainer... give him a hug and a kiss from us

Karen, WTG, 2 more pounds down.

I just had a not very good dinner at my regular restaurant... I hate Mondays, have I mentioned? Gotta get back to the office and finish lay out on a newsletter... Tuesday will be a better day, cept I have a Halloween party so I have to gird my loins to EAT RESPONSIBLY.

Stay away from the candy, all! Scare the dickens out of everyone instead.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 10-30-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and wish you all a Happy Halloween!

Mary: Welcome to our little corner of the world. We're glad to have you joining us.

I'll try to get back later. I just wanted to leave you a picture of the "baby". He had a Halloween party to go to Saturday night and he asked me to try and do his make-up. This is how it ended up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeff Goth hand gestures.jpg (27.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #27  

Talking

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADIES!

Jett: I'm afraid I don't get "Visualize Whirrled Peas!!" Maybe I'm dense...certianly denser than Karen.

Karen: 2 more down!

Thin: The Baby looks great! I hope when my DS is his age, he'll still think Mom can help him get ready for Halloween!

Angela: Gird those Loins Girl!!! I hope you have fun at your party! And WOO HOO on getting those finances under control!!!

Valerie: Glad to hear the job is starting off well. We expect daily updates! Stay away from the candy now! I have no problem with fruity candy...but chocolate!

Howdy to 2Cute, Ruth, Mary(JavaTurtle), Barbara, Celery and anyone else who may be lurking these days!

I'm busy repeating my mantra for the day (and many days to come) "I will not sneak candy from my son's bag....I will not sneak candy from my son's bag...I will not sneak candy from my son's bag..."
Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #28  
Beam me up Scotty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
Jett: I'm afraid I don't get "Visualize Whirrled Peas!!" Maybe I'm dense...certianly denser than Karen.
Uhh...Lilion, that's just a cute way to say "Visualize World Peace!" I know...been a long week so far... Sorry...
Old 10-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Happy Halloween! We're not anticipating having any visitors this evening. Out here in the boonies. So I bought Saw and Saw II to watch tonight. Nothing like a little gore after a hard day at the office.

I've retrained the horses on where they eat their grain so that DH can feed them at night and not have to go in the lot with them. Makes it easier for me since I'll be getting home in the dark every night.

I have done time on the stationary bicycle both yesterday and this morning. My knee is sore to touch but not painful to move (thank goodness). My shoulder is still sore so I have been careful about what I do and the cycle doesn't seem to aggravate it. I also walked the driveway last night. I'm going to have to get a big flashlight because I spook myself down the driveway where its darkest and since my protector thinks its appropriate to lay in wait to attack me when I come back. I keep telling him that Lassie wouldn't have left momma out in the dark by herself but he just wags his tail stub and heads for the house. I may have to use a horse as protection instead. Or else buy a treadmill.

We've been having lunch meetings where lunch is catered and have them for the rest of the week. Geez, don't even get 15 minutes to myself this week. In spite of that, I've kept food pretty good these last two days. No snickers from the vending machine.

Lilion - Just think of it as stealing candy from your child. Stealing not sneaking. Loved your costume for the party! Size 16 skirt is awesome! CJ Banks is my favorite store to shop for work clothes. Great quality but pricey unless you shop the sale rack. Not very often that I let myself purchase something that is full price. I did buy a black denim style jacket at full price that I just fell in love with - black with gray/light blue pattern to it. Hot!

Thin - "Baby" looked great! Good job on the makeup. Aren't you glad he doesn't want to look like that everyday!

Angela - Have fun at the party and good luck on girding! That is great that you are almost financially in the clear again. Your goal sounds very attainable and realistic.

Valerie - So, is the trainer cute as well as nice? Sounds like something you are going to enjoy which you deserve after all the hated time on the other truck. I'd have trouble with the 3 am thing.

Karen - on your loss! I never would have gotten world peace out of whirrled peas. HR Jeopardy - sounds kind of fun and great coo for your resume. I haven't seen gooseberries in years. We used to have bushes on our farm and I hated to have to go pick them. I don't remember if mom ever made gooseberry pie but I can probably guarantee that I didn't eat any of it if she did. We have a Whole Food in our area but not a Trader Joes. Is it similar to Whole Foods?

Mary - Welcome to the group! Looking forward to getting to know you too. Jump in and tell us about yourself.

to everyone else. DH has dinner ready.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #30  

Hey Terri! I got my CJ Banks stuff off the sale rack. I usually just can't justify spending the full price, especially there, on stuff I hopefully will shrink out of relatively soon. I am definately going back tomorrow though and getting the black suedecloth jacket! It was so neat, looked good with the black suedecloth skirt I own, looked good with jeans and looks nice with the new kacki skirt! I think it'll also look stunning with a denim skirt! Such a nice, modern, versitile piece! I'm excited just to be spending money!

Went and did the trick-or-treating tonight! I did have some candy...the dreaded Peanut Butter Balls my DH made! I did not STEAL from my child...or even take...since it was actually offered! Ah well, the PB Balls are finally gone!

We'll see what the scale says tomorrow! Wish me luck ladies!
Closed Thread