Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sue --I appreciate you TOO! And WTG in the pool. I'm really happy you found an aerobics instructor you like! That's awesome!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks Heather... I was SO thrilled when I looked over there and saw that new instructor, and even in the warmup I could tell I was NOT going to go away not thinking I had gotten a workout LOL. She was really sweet too. I told her how great she is and she said she has hardly taught the classes before so I think she is brand new. She is a college student. She said she will probably be teaching it the rest of the summer unless the regular teacher decides she wants some Saturdays, as she will have priority. I sure hope she is there!!

I came home and was determined to get in my maximum of 750 points in the presidential thing too... I just now made it LOL!!!

I figured out that if I can get an average of 262 points a day I can earn my bronze medal by the end of the year! That should be easily do-able!!! I added my stuff in that is allowed and am at 21%!!! Not bad for two weeks worth of stuff! Tee hee of course I have busted my butt today to get the maximum points, and I won't be able to do that all the time.

There are neat sets of awards you can get -- for $8 you get the medal, an award, ribbon and lapel pin. Can also buy T-shirts and stuff. I admit I will be proud of myself when I can earn the medals!!

In one sense I think too bad I didn't know about it as I would have them all by now... BUT OTOH I NEED something new to focus on and "propel" me out there to move my butt!

Hey, I wonder if when we earn the award, we would be allowed to add the symbol to our signagure line here. Not sure what the copyright stuff would be but would be worth checking into!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-28-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #33  

Just thought I would direct this link to my other post in case anyone is interested in checking out the Xertube. Wow I think it's a great addition to my home workout tools and it was 12 bucks!!! :wt:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...55#post1453055
Old 10-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #34  

Hi Ladies - Thanks for all your replies. Well I've been slowly trying to get back to it. Yesterday I wanted Chinese Food (again!!) so badly and I walked right by it - woo hoo! One day without that calorie intake is better than nothing! And John and I have started walking home from the mall and not using rain as our excuse - for 2 days in a row now we're done the 34 minute walk in POURING RAIN!! We were 100% soaked when we got back...we couldn't find our umbrella, lol! It was nice though, it wasn't freezing cold rain which was good! I've also been walking around the mall ALOT, so that should help. BUT, my calories are still too high for weight loss I think, even with the walking. So, that's step 2. At least I'm trying again! Hope everyone is doing well.
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 10-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #35  

Good for you, Melissa! Glad you are hanging in there during the discouraging moments!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #36  

Just popping in to say... Katy so glad you shared the pictures! Thanks! It is nice to "see" who our new friends are!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #37  

Height: 5'9

Andie - That's a great idea about the playdoh, I'll have to take a look in the stores and see what I can find! We don't get too many trick or treaters here but I hate to hold out on the neighbor's kids that I see often heh. Chocolate is such a huge trigger for me but other candy isn't so much so getting other stuff might not be as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be. I think my fear of having it around is probably bigger than the "threat" of it being around.

And you're right, the fruit wasn't such a bad thing, I just felt so guilty for the behaviour of stuffing myself because of emotions, but thankfully it hasn't been much of a setback. I wonder if anyone out there really does have a MIL they totally adore without problems? Probably not. I think I'm over the stuff that happened now, or at least putting it behind me. She can think what she wants to think of me, it's obviously not going to impact what my husband thinks of me and I just have to not let it impact what I think of myself!

wyllenn- I would love to be able to turn to exercise when I'm angry/frustrated. That would be a great behaviour to become a habit! And you're right eating definitely doesn't help. After I felt worse than when I started, I still felt lousy about the things I'd read and also felt guilty and overfull physically. I think I'm going to look for a magnetic hook to put on the fridge and hang my dog's leash from it. That way if I'm upset and head to the kitchen maybe I'll see that and be reminded to head out the door for a walk instead. Thank you for the encouragement

Michelle - I am on the overnight shift all the time I hate it too as I'm actually a morning person so it completely screws up my schedule but I've been doing it for two years now. My husband works overnights as night manager at a hotel and only does it because the quiet at night lets him do his homework so he can go to school during the day. I work nights so that we can be on the same schedule and it's awful!! But if you're ever up in the middle of the night and want someone to talk to I'll probably be around hehe.

Misti - you saw my pics before I even posted about them hehehe. I was just about to say oh and I posted some pictures of me today I don't have any before body shots because I haven't let anyone take a body shot of me in a longggg time unless they catch me unawares, which family has done now and then, and then I try to talk them into giving me the photo so I can destroy it. If I can find my digital camera I'll try and get my husband to take some pics, but it's been missing for almost two months now (it's somewhere in the house, I'm sure somewhere that makes perfect sense, I just can't figure out where that place IS)

And I had a loss today so I'm feeling a lot better about things and more encouraged in general. I hope everyone else is doing well today too!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hey everyone! i know i should probably have started a new thread, right? i'm not sure i know how, but if someone tells me, i'd be happy to give it a try in the future.

we just got back from a surprise birthday party for my husband's sister. it was costume party--i'll post pictures as soon as i figure out how to do that too. man, i have a lot of stuff to learn! anyway, i don't know how many of you know the movie "the nightmare before christmas", but we went as jack skellington and sally. it was fun. we couldn't think of anything to go as that we could agree on, then we put that movie on the other night and thought those would be fun costumes. it's a disney movie and we love disney too (my DH proposed in disney world), so it was even more appropriate for us.

sooooo, the torture has begun. we went to run errands this morning and bought the halloween candy while we were out. then, my stick thin husband put some of it out in a bowl already. i made sure he only put out stuff i don't like, even though i did eat a couple of caramels he forgot to take out. i know the peanut butter cups are in the kitchen, but so long as i don't open the bag, i'm ok. only three more days until i can give it all out to children with better metabolism then i have!

here's a question for everyone.....is it just me or is there anyone else who has trouble letting their significant other know what their weight is? my sweet, adorable, loving, wonderful husband wanted to see my ticker the other day after i told him i got to move it and i was like "are you crazy?!!? you can't see my numbers!" then i showed him, but i covered up the weights. now, in my head, i know that he sees what i look like. he knows i'm no super model, he knows i'm not even a size 12. in fact, he probably knows i wear a size 22/24. but the thought of him actually knowing my weight, the real number, to see it typed on the screen, sent me into a mild panic! am i just nuts, or does anyone else keep that information to themselves?

just a couple of personals before i go:

melissa--i'm sorry you're having such a tough time. i do the exact same thing. i did it this week in fact. after all the excitement of moving my ticker for the first time, the first thing i thought about doing was eating a couple of oreo's with my lunch since i had done so well. what kind of logic is that? it's just a habit that i have to break. i even find myself using food as a reward for the kids i nanny (if you guys are good, we can go get ice cream). i really try not to do it, but it just happens sometimes. i don't have any great advice to give, but i also try to take a minute before i eat something and think about it (do i really want this? am i really hungry? maybe i really need a drink instead?). at least you realize what you're doing. that will help you make a better choice the next time. you can do it!

katy--great pictures! good for you for figureing out how to post those already. i'm going to make my DH help me. computers!!! i only really know how to send emails and shop! and--way to go on the loss! that's great!

well, better go jump in the shower and scrub this halloween makeup off! hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend! lori
Old 10-29-2006, 01:19 AM   #39  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Thumbs up

STOP!!!
PLEASE DONT POST HERE
COME AND JOIN US
ON #1043
Closed Thread