Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Great news. Great!

I am off today and have been out enjoying a day with DH. My boss called. The meeting in Chicago was somewhat successful. My job and most of my staff are off the table as far as integration is concerned. And she's made even more progress for lining me up to have all the financial reporting area. Work will stil be very stressful because I will be so busy and have so much new stuff to learn/relearn. However I won't have to deal with so much negative stress.

I really do feel like the weight of the world has lifted.

I celebrated by shopping at Macys for new work clothes. Upgrading my image from khackis. Spent too much because I just can't buy one thing.

Back later!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #17  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

TERRI - That's fantastic news!! I'm glad to hear that life, while still complicated, may actually be getting a little easier for you and the rest of your crew at work! What a year this has been for you!!! Didn't you say you have a hot tub? Time for a soak, I would think!!!

I tried out the new gym tonight. While it isn't perfect (for one thing they let MEN go there!) I still really like it! Hey, LILION! I had my first go on an I.M.! YIKES! The thing just about took off with me - bACKWARDS! I whimped out after 5 minutes and started messing with some of the weight machines. I bet I feel it tomorrow!

Nighty-nite Ladies. Time for bed!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey ladies, how ya doing?

I was pretty lazy today. Got a bunch of stuff ready for tomorrow trek. I have 5 coffee shops to do and I need 20 minutes in-between them so I have stuff to return that I can do while I'm waiting for the next shop. The theory is that they think you need the 20 minutes to write notes on the shop you just did. NOT!!! So I have to just fake it. Of course, all these shops will mean staying up late to get the paperwork done, yet again.

Mother: I hear you on the "pretending". That's one of the reasons why I jump on the scale almost every day now. I need the encouragement that I did ok the day before. Sometimes that doesn't work out so well like if I've had too much salt the night before. But heck, I do it anyway.

Terri: I'm glad you and your brother are having a great relationship. It must be fun, most of the time , to have him around. I'm very happy to hear that your job will at least be bearable. It's great that the boss went out on a limb and set up that meeting. I don't know what the people who run these take-overs think sometimes. If they would just think about treating people the way they would want to be treated in the same situation it would be soooo much nicer.

Angela: You poor sweetie! It must be hard under the circumstances. Maybe it will all shake out in the end.

BarbG: It doesn't sound like work is going to be much fun with the new changes in employees. Hugs to you too. Now that the bickering will be right near you doesn't sound good at all.

Lilion: I know you said your "parts" aren't working anymore, but would this be just about Mother Nature time for you? If so, that could be the weight gain explanation. That, and of course more sodium from eating out at the amusement park. A friend of mine still has some of her cycle symptoms even though she hasn't had a period in years. Just a thought. Glad it's all coming right back off.

Valerie: CONGRATS on the 3 pounds! WOW, I'm impressed that you branched out and ventured into a "real" gym. I had read alot of comments about how Curves got old and unchallenging after awhile. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

I think I got everyone, hope so. I'm going to head to bed. Up early in the morning for a change. Talk to you soon. Love ya bunches!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies,

I am ready to get on with life and it begins today. I have done a morning workout which I haven't done in a month it seems.

I did walk some last night. The trick is is to do it while the horses are eating because its still sort of daylight and I'm not done outside until I let the boys back out of the round pen anyway.

We're thinking of buying an electric fireplace thingy of some sort that can sit on the front porch so DH can sit outside with me while I walk (and not freeze). He mentioned one of those chimenea (sp?) things but I'd be afraid of it catching the porch on fire plus what a pain to get started every time.

The housecleaner is coming today. Well, she's coming once DH goes to town to pick her up. Her stupid boyfriend wrecked his car last week because he had her dog in the backseat of the car and the dog jumped into the front seat and spilled his coke. Made him rearend a Suburban. So he uses her car to go to work. I've tried to explain to her that at 19, take care of yourself first and then let others (i.e. stupid boyfriends) to figure out their own problems.

Valerie - Awesome about the driving refresher. When do you go back to get the job? You're also doing an awesome job with the exercise. What's that just a great feeling when Gabe allowed a rider? What fun! As weather permits (and time), I will be having saddles on both boys as often as possible. I don't expect any big trauma out of either as they are so laid back. Come spring, they are both going to a professional trainer. I've already told DB that Spanky (the really big one) is his to ride. Plus get a little time on them and I have two nieces that want to ride. Your enthusiasm is very inspiring. I need to get back to journaling and get real about the food.

Lilion - Well, I do suck because I've gained 20 pounds over the last year and can't keep it together to get back into the 250's which really pisses me off. But apparently not enough to do more about it. I do want to get myself back into biking shape and get on the Katy trail next year. Maybe we can have a bike ride together. Poor little Max. Hopefully he's okay. Better have him checked though.

Angela - I am very sorry to see that you are having such troubled times with your friends. Also sorry to see that they can't be human enough to forgive. Congrats on the loss seems kind of the wrong thing to say now.

Thin - Have fun with the coffee shops - do you have to sample? If you drink coffee at all five, you'll be really

Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #20  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Thin: FIVE coffee shops! You better get decaf or you'll be VIBRATING by the time you are done! I'm not to "the change" yet…only 43 – get that – ONLY! I don't have periods anymore because of the endometrial ablation done in June…although supposedly they can come back, just very light, and the rest is "disconnected" for lack of a better word. So there's no reason at all I shouldn't have PMS…I just haven’t for months. What I HAVE had for about three weeks now is a tad of fluid retention and the sore-boob stuff that always signaled PMS…but never for THREE WEEKS! I haven't quite got that figured out why it's hanging on so. (No one panic, I do breast exams regularly although I am overdue for the mammogram – by years – but I'm not worried that route yet…this feels like typical PMS, just isn't going away like it ought.) I'm giving it another week (and less caffeine) and then I'll call the Dr. Weirdness.

Valerie: on the 3#! See! You did good! Glad to see you have now experience the Machine! Darn things are harder than treadmills, huh??? Just enjoy the eye-candy during the workout! That's what I did when I went to the Y. Getting fit while ogling muscles… not a bad way to do things.

Terri: My little Mac goes to the Dr. at 3:30. I'm absolutely sure it's luxating patella's. Poor little guy! (And poor me! $$$$$$) The heck with the Katy Trail! Next time you are in Columbia you CALL ME!!! I have a cast-iron chiminea. I love it. WAY better than the pottery kind. They make all kinds of nice outside fireplaces now. Just make sure they have stones under the legs and aren't too close to the railings. I'm so glad to hear some of the stress is leaving your job situation!

Well, WI will be in an hour or so and I'm certain it'll show a loss…but not as much as YESTERDAY! In my tennis shoes yesterday I weighed 239. Today – without shoes – 239. Must have been the pie. Yep…went and had pie last night and it was YUMMY! But between that and dinner I think I screwed up a tad. You know, I don't care. Down is down and I'll take one lb if that's all I'm gonna get! I'll come back later and post the "official" WI result.

TTFN!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #21  

Well, okay. "Official" WI ended at 238. Not as bad as I feared...not as good as I hoped...but better than last week.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #22  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I tried Curves for 4 months but my back problems got worse instead of better. I was being very careful but was pretty laid up for about 2 weeks out of the month. I am usually bad for only one week, around my cycle time. I am getting more exercise than I have in a long time with these pups, on my feet taking them out and walking them. I should put my pedometer on.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi gang! Just a quickie! Wanted to remind everyone that there is only
2 MONTHS TIL CHRISTMAS!!!

If you're planning any weightloss before the holidays, NOW'S the time to start!!!

That said, Lilion: CONGRATS on your loss!!!!

Terri: Sounds like you've got big plans for the ponies!

Mother: That's the trick. Maybe I need to get a dog! My cat only eats and sleeps and definitely does not like organized walks!

I drank 3 of the 5 coffees, no not decaf. Guess I'll be up late, eh?

Later, all! Back to the tube for me!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #24  

Hi ladies,

Man, I am so ready for a few days of sunshine. We've had a light drizzle all day and supposed to be that way tomorrow too.

The niece did a good job on housecleaning. She came back out with her dad for dinner. Buffalo ribs. DH bought some buffalo a couple of weeks ago so he was anxious to try the ribs. They were actually very good. I think one night last week we had buffalo in the taco meat.

Well I just scared the crap out of myself. I was sitting here in the big chair a noticed a light out the back window. There shouldn't be a light in the woods. Must be the house that is back in that back acreage that we've never been able to see before because of the woods. Guess enough leaves have come off to be able to see that far. Okay, the light has moved so something is out there but it is a distance off. Must go find the binocs.

Tonight, I got Phoenix out to work with him. I haven't done that in so long. He hasn't been outside the pasture much since we've moved here. He snorted a lot but otherwise he was so good. We walked up and down the driveway and he remembered how to trot beside me. He makes a good jogging partner. Then I handed him over to my niece for her to get used to working with him. He remembered his manners. I even sent him out in a circle on the long line and he remembered how to lunge and even change directions. I do love that horse. It felt great to be out getting that movement in. Between the horses and the dog, I shouldn't lack in walking partners. Next will be Spanky.

Must go check out the light.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #25  

Okay, the light is a fire. It doesn't look like a big forest fire but its a fire nonetheless. DH is trying to convince me its okay but I'm not convinced. I don't think I can go to sleep. Who would be burning something at this time of night and why is it changing locations? And its raining so why isn't it going out? Inquiring minds need to know.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #26  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

It's aliens!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #27  

Good morning,

We never did figure out what is going on back in the woods. Could be a hunter on the neighbor's land. Kind of weird.

I did wear a pair of my new slacks that I bought at Lane Bryant in Nashville. A nice heather gray. And a new black pullover sweater that I got at Macy's on Tuesday. I felt great. Maybe even a little bit in style for a change.

Mother - Dogs are great exercise buddies. Especially if they love to walk. Its hard to sit on your butt when you know the dog wants to walk - hard to look into those eyes and disappoint.

Thin - How late did the coffee keep you up? Two months? Wow, the year has flown.

Lilion - for your good WI and for still being under 240! How did the vet visit go? Bear had to have knee surgery twice on the same leg when he was 1-2 years old. The only time he's ever bit me was because of being in pain. Not fun to have to pay for nor to deal with while they heal. Prayers for little Max.

I better get moving. I have an all day meeting today with people from Chicago. Gads, I hate all day meetings. I am buried with work and don't have time to sit in meetings. I did have to terminate someone yesterday since she has been a no-show since 10/9. And I inherited my bosses admin assistant who is a giant pain in the butt. So I have employee issues to deal with and no time for meetings. But hey, I'm employed and will be for awhile so I'll suffer through.

No DB for dinner tonight. He said we're on our own. He has to go buy a suit to wear for his SO/girlfriends's daughter's wedding in Las Vegas (at the Bellagio) in two weeks. Guess that is more important than keeping us company.

Have a great day!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #28  

Good Morning Ladies!

Not much to say today! I am waiting right now for a hearing to start. I had bad news on Mac. As I expected, my puppy-boy has a luxating patella (basically a dislocated kneecap) and eventually there's little doubt that he'll need surgery...but my vet is rather conservative and wants to wait on that and try to treat him with anti-inflamatories and glycosomine, which is a suppliment they sell otc for arthritis. So, we'll see. At least he doesn't seem to be in much pain, but he's really cuddly right now!

I was good, food-wise, yesterday. I was actually only at 23 pts and finally got some trail-mix and that put my 1 pt into my flex. I'm quite pleased with the day. Weird thing was I never was hungry yesterday. I'm feeling the same way today. I haven't really been feeling very well...I went home at noon yesterday and skipped lunch and crawled in with DH and napped until I had to get up to take Mac to the vet. That was nice, snuggling with my big, furry hubby is something I don't get to do much of.

I better run...sounds like the pre-hearing conference is not going well. Later ladies!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #29  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face ~~~~

Ever see a kid waiting to jump rope? Ya know how they watch the rope and sort of sway back and forth, waiting for the right place to jump in. That's me. Soon ladies. Soon. Help?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #30  

Why Mary, there you are!!! As you can see, we just kinda jump in and post updates...so...UPDATE US!

How is the house coming?

Comeon, gotta be more to say than that!

ALSO RUTH-How you doing hun?

Pipe up folks!!! Inquiring minds want to read!
Closed Thread